It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Summit 1995-2008

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

Female Join date : 2013-03-01

Summit 1995-2008 Empty
PostSubject: Summit 1995-2008   Summit 1995-2008 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Since joining this forum I've started missing my old dog Summit more. I just want to share pictures and stories about him here, but I don't really have that luxury. I love him and miss him. It's been 4 years without him. Every day I wish my best friend Chelsea could have met him, or that Phoenix and Kumari could have enjoyed having a big brother, or that Mady could see him one that time. I love my girls, but sometimes I just wish I had my boy back. He was an amazing dog. I grew up with him. He taught me more about dogs than anyone or anything else. He also sparked my love of Huskies and wolves.

Summit came to my family when I was about 4-5. He had been in two different homes up until us. His first owner had bought him from a breeder in Alaska ans had him shipped to Michigan. Jamie couldn't take care of him properly and sent him to Dave to "watch" him. There was a misunderstanding and Dave kept Summit until he was about a year. Dave couldn't care for him either and asked my dad if we could watch him while he got things figured out. Again there was a misunderstanding and my dad agreed thinking we were going to keep him. Up to that point Summit was a terror on four legs. He had been to 3-4 different obedience courses and was still a terrible listener and always getting into trouble. My dad brought Summit home to us, and he knew that he was finally safe and home. He chewed one barbie doll out of separation anxiety, but other that that mishap, Summit was perfect. He never ran away, even though he got loose a couple times. There were 6 kids in the house during the week since my mom babysat 3 extra children. He was great with kids! Although he was not good with small animals or birds. He was very submissive to other dogs, so we were able to get Mady for him when he was about 5 or 6. We would all lay on him all the time with no problems. If any of us ever got too rough with him, he would gentle put his mouth on us to make us stop and then give us kisses when we did. It was like his version of saying "no, stop that" and then praising us after we stopped. If we ever didn't listen when he told us no, he would get up and walk away. Summit was the first and only Husky out of my four total that howled like a wolf. (Mady & Kumari only whine/bark and Phoenix will howl, but not like a wolf.) He helped me learn to read. I did not have dyslexia, but I was the youngest in my class and always had a hard time keeping up with the others and reading. Summit would let me lay on him and read to him all the time. When I was grounded or in trouble, he was there for me. When there was a huge storm or black out or tornado siren going off, he would come lay with the family while we waited it out. He moved to our new house with us before we got Mady and slept with my parents every night, unless I had a bad dream, then he would seem to magically know and come into my bed with me. He was gentle and loving. He was my mom's favorite dog & Husky. He was the only dog we owned my Aunt would put up with because she is allergic to Huskies. He was the only dog we owned that my grandma instantly trusted with her grandchildren. He was perfect and my entire family misses him so much.

Well, here are some of the few pictures I have of Summit. RIP my little brother. I miss and love you!
Summit 1995-2008 F53a0110
Summit 1995-2008 5d40de10

Last edited by Heart.Of.A.Wolf on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mette.c.smith
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Summit 1995-2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit 1995-2008   Summit 1995-2008 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 pm

RIP Summit. Sad Beautiful boy.
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

Summit 1995-2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit 1995-2008   Summit 1995-2008 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks Abby. I just wish I had more pictures of him that I could share on here.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Summit 1995-2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit 1995-2008   Summit 1995-2008 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Yeah i hate how i only started taking pics this year. I only have a few pics of the girls as pups and our other dogs we had. Sad
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

Summit 1995-2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit 1995-2008   Summit 1995-2008 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Same here. Mady has like one baby picture... Phoenix has a few more, but still not a lot. Wish I had take more, but I had gone to college the summer after we got Phoenix. :/
Back to top Go down
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Male Join date : 2011-11-16

Summit 1995-2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit 1995-2008   Summit 1995-2008 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Beautiful Dog! Sounds very sweet!
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

Summit 1995-2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit 1995-2008   Summit 1995-2008 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks. He was.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

Summit 1995-2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit 1995-2008   Summit 1995-2008 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:07 pm

So sweet. And so sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

Female Join date : 2013-03-17

Summit 1995-2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit 1995-2008   Summit 1995-2008 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Aww, he looks precious! You have a familiar face waiting for you on the other side now! Smile He'll be able to welcome you home this time!

Thanks for sharing the pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summit 1995-2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit 1995-2008   Summit 1995-2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

Summit 1995-2008

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1