It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 pm

He does look so grown up already! It's crazy how fast they grow.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:19 pm

He is SO handsome! They grow so fast. He definitely is looking so grown up. <3

Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Mechta. Dizzy. Playdate. MUST.

Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Niraya wrote:
Mechta. Dizzy. Playdate. MUST.

I'm inviting myself too Razz Shadow needs to be included.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:44 am

What a handsome little devil!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:54 am

Dizzy will be happy to entertain your two lovely girls until he gets tired and falls asleep lol. Which I have yet to see happen with another dog. A seven year old kid can wear him out in about 45 min though. Wink
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:28 pm

I was doing a little research into Dizzy's pedigree today and found out his grandsire is from playmor. I think he looks like him quite a bit! I'm sure it will change as he grows, but what do you guys think?

http://www.narizdenieve.com/portal/content/view/113/47/

Now that I see his grandsire at 4 1/2 months, I see where he gets the big hind end and barrel body from at this age. Smile

http://www.playmorsiberians.com/player_photo.html
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Wow, that dog looks full grown at 6 months, he's huge!
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:01 pm

VERY beautiful dog!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Fast maturing line - it's a trend of the show world.  (this is a general statement - not implying Dizzy is a dog from such lines - I actually don't know)  People want their dogs to look like adults while they're still puppies so they can get out there and win (American's want everything bigger and sooner lol and I can only speak for dogs in the US - not from abroad).

I am not a fan of fast maturing lines/dogs (as is obvious by my choice in breeder/line and puppy lol).

Back to top Go down
NewComer
Puppy
Puppy
NewComer

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:28 am

Dizzy is one handsome fella Smile And his fur looks so lush!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:34 am

Niraya wrote:
Fast maturing line - it's a trend of the show world.  (this is a general statement - not implying Dizzy is a dog from such lines - I actually don't know)  People want their dogs to look like adults while they're still puppies so they can get out there and win (American's want everything bigger and sooner lol and I can only speak for dogs in the US - not from abroad).

I am not a fan of fast maturing lines/dogs (as is obvious by my choice in breeder/line and puppy lol).

I'll upload his pedigree at some point, but it would seem he does have really fast maturing lines. Player, grandsire (dam's side), which is the dog I linked to, was an American champion at 9 months, then exported to Spain and won a major (or their equivalent) by 10 months. His sire is mainly from Nando, Casey (which I'm not too big a fan of) and Jalerran. His sire, was exported after the breeding and is now the number 8 dog in Thailand. Four generations back, there are Innisfree dogs, Nanook dogs and a Teeco. So it looks like the foundation is innisfree on the sire side. The dam is a bit of a wild card since there are some different kennels over there, but they seem to trace back to Innisfree as well. Does everything trace back to Innisfree?
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Quote :
Does everything trace back to Innisfree?

The honest answer?  Pretty much.  Innisfree is one of the few oldest (and still remaining) "original" kennels that helped to really push the breed in the show ring and make it what it is today.  

Many show Siberian pedigrees are bred only on a few very specific lines - that's just the hard fact of it.  (And even kennels who "outcross" and have a bunch of different kennel names/dogs in their pedigrees are mostly still bred on those same few lines).  

Food for thought:  I was talking with Mechtas breeder the other day and she ran a pedigree of a dog from a from a typical show breeder.  Its a 12 generation run and breaks down inbreeding %, common and unique ancestors, % of blood etc.  In this dog Innisfree's Sierra Cinnar alone is repeated 122 times in 12 generations.  This dog is comprised of 24.9% Cinnar blood which would the equivalent of the dog being a grandsire to himself.

That's pretty typical of a generic show pedigree (since Cinnar was very heavily bred in the 80s after his Westminster win).  You'll run into pedigrees with more Cinnar and others will have less.  Not saying they all have this exact number but the lines outside of Innisfree that make this dog up are either lines Innisfree used to create their line or lines that also breed heavily on Innisfree.  (Think Innisfree but just under different peoples names because they have their own kennels etc).

For comparison she also ran Mechtas pedigree.  Innisfree's Sierra Cinnar is only in her 12 generation pedigree 28 times.  About 1/3 of what is in current show pedigrees.  (I specifically wanted a lower Innisfree derived pedigree with less popular sires for specific reasons - not an easy thing to find).

As an aside and of interesting note - I can trace Mechta back to Tserko who was a 1930s import in just 12 generations.  Many show pedigrees are probably 20+ out from him.

/off soapbox!  Didn't mean to hijack your scrapbook, Jen!

Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Wow! That's crazy! No wonder there were so many health problems for a while! Do you know if Karnovanda's stock came from there as well?
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Karnovanda is the other really old, well established kennel that helped push the breed and is still around.  Judy has her own very well established line - her stock doesn't come from there but Innisfree dogs can be found throughout her pedigrees (the same is true for many kennels - they might not have dogs directly from Innisfree but their dogs can be found in the pedigrees - Mechta is no exception she has Innisfree behind her [just not a lot] for very specific reason and also Karnovanda).  Judy's first breeding to establish her kennel and foundation stock was out of Ch. Eska's Nonie, U.D. and Ch. Monadnock's Pando that produced (and went onto become) Ch. Baron of Karnovanda, C.D., and Ch. Karnovanda's Zenda, C.D.

Because of how popular Innisfree is - it is incredibly hard to find dogs who don't have a large amount of Innisfree or Innisfree derived lines behind them.

Many/most show Siberian's look very similar and it's because they all come down through (mostly) the same popular sires and lines.

Last edited by Niraya on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Very interesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:19 pm

I made a little collage of Dizzy from the day I met him, until today. :)It was pretty fun. I used a $5 mac app called CollageIt Pro.

Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 Untitl10
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Wow is that bottom left one the most recent? He looks gorgeous. His mask darkened a bit!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Aww, he's grown so much!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:57 pm

eddycaaa wrote:
Wow is that bottom left one the most recent? He looks gorgeous. His mask darkened a bit!
I took the one on the bottom left today. He's not that dark though, its a bit of editing magic. Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:12 pm

This pic is probably a better representation of his coloring. He's a pretty light grey/buff color, aside from his mask, its darker but he still has that sandy color.

Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 Diz_210
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Awwww Dizzy!

I need to see him again, soon!

Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:26 pm

wpskier222 wrote:
This pic is probably a better representation of his coloring. He's a pretty light grey/buff color, aside from his mask, its darker but he still has that sandy color.

Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 Diz_210
Look how big he has gotten!! I demand more Dizzy pictures! Very Happy

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Niraya wrote:
Awwww Dizzy!

I need to see him again, soon!
Hee hee. We ran into a really tall female husky on the way to daycare this am and he bit her face... It made me think of Mech lol. I'm trying to convince my hubby to drive me to your place on saturday so we can come to the meetup... By the way, can I ride with you? Lol.

wave 
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:36 pm

simplify wrote:
Look how big he has gotten!! I demand more Dizzy pictures! Very Happy
Yes he's quite the big boy now. I think I need to find a new hosting option. servimg is such a pain to use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update   Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dizzy's Scrapbook - Fall Update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next