It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Orchids/ Tropicals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wy Renegade
Puppy
Puppy
Wy Renegade

Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orchids/ Tropicals   Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:13 pm

jbealer wrote:
WOW!

Thanks, orchids are a bit like Siberians, if you could get them to bloom like that all the time they would be perfect Wink.

CavingSiberian wrote:
I love your orchid mount! Did you make it yourself or did you buy the plant that way? Smile

Thanks, actually I got that from a friend out in Indiana who I trade orchids with on occassion. He made it himself from a piece of wood he found on his property. That particular plants is quite a bit larger than that at this point, and blooms twice a year for me (fall and spring). It has the nicest smelling flowers, but they only smell in the early morning or early evening.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Orchids/ Tropicals   Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:25 pm

UPDATE: My plumeria seeds have germinated. They are slowly sprouting up. One of my varieties has all 5 seeds that I planted sprouting, the other has 3 out of 5 sprouting. I can't wait to see how fast they grow. I'll add pictures when I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: Orchids/ Tropicals   Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Plumeria (Hawaiian Frangipani) SUCCESS. I received 10 seeds (for only about $4) and ALL 10 have sprouted.

Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 395761_10100181151014281_652325474_n
Back to top Go down
Wy Renegade
Puppy
Puppy
Wy Renegade

PostSubject: Re: Orchids/ Tropicals   Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Nice! You are way more patient than me to grow them from seed. I tend to move them on to another grow if I can't get mine to bloom within two or three years. I don't have the patience for those ones that go years between blooming or for the years of maturation required to get them to bloom for the first time.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: Orchids/ Tropicals   Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 pm

The first plumerias I had were yellow, and I bought them as a plant and it took over 3 years to bloom but they underwent a lot of necessary stress. I have no idea how long these will take but the reward of beautiful blooms and scent are well worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: Orchids/ Tropicals   Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm

I had some hibiscus I actually pollinated and started from seed at one time but I was never able to see them bloom. I lost them to the evil ex of Tx. It was depressing to lose them because I spent years on them and was never able to reap the rewards.... I don't hate anyone, but he's the closest to hate I have....

OK, anyways, here are the hibiscus that I *used* to have.

I started with these two, purchased from the store.
Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 36284_625329103871_7649646_n
Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 6175_563263064711_3554456_n
and eventually cross-pollinated them to get some seeds
Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 164694_625329123831_7061842_n
They germinated and sprouted July 2008.
Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 6175_563263029781_1533031_n
I raised them for FOUR YEARS and lost them in October. Sad
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Orchids/ Tropicals   Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:18 pm

So I wanted to say thanks for the advice on moving my orchid to face the east. I moved it that same day and now it's grown a whole new leaf. I repotted it yesterday, and the leaf seemed even taller (it could just be me). I talked to the person who gave it to me and she said she's pretty sure it has yellow flowers. I really hope it blooms!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Orchids/ Tropicals   Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:59 pm

its blooming!
Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 2011-111

PostSubject: Re: Orchids/ Tropicals   Orchids/ Tropicals - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Orchids/ Tropicals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Gardening Sub-Forum-