It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Training 8 week old husky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:52 pm

You are rude, and inconsiderate and I don't understand the point of posting a book on this forum if the replies do nothing but piss you off. Why don't you find another place to insult people if you don't like the answers you get.

I don't really care where your from or what your job is. Fact is that you do nothing but insult people. No one said they hoped your puppy ends up in a shelter.

Lastspark wrote:
I didn't read half of the replies, I skimmed over them. Whether you are walking on a dirt road or riding a bike slowly, it's the same speed, same effect. Shocking, I know.

I have had dogs for years. Had one for 13 years, died due to several health issues at once, had another for 8 and he passed due to cancer. I have one who is currently 5. I was raised with dogs my entire life, all living to be respectable ages. It's great that you people think I bought mine from a breeder, and it's even better that you think I wasn't already planning on having a dog. Next you will tell me that a American Eskimo cannot be a herding dog because you once read on the internet that it's not possible. Well, neighbor has one that works with the German Shepard to herd 40 head of cattle. Works great, every time.

I'm reading a lot of posts on the forums, a lot of which most of you guys that replied to this one have replied on others, and you tend to think sooooo many things are breed specific. Like "Huskys are known to wander off". I have read that a time or seven. Did you know that all dogs do that? Especially if you haven't strictly trained them to remain on your property and come when called. There isn't even a method to "call back" your dog. You do it in the house, you move a room, you call her. This is where your method of "umbilical" training comes into play. After a couple weeks she follows you. Then take her to a fenced in area or big barn and do it, eventually she will listen all the time. Shit, I've done that with every dog I've owned. It's not a specific training, it's something you do.

The crate is a bad idea. She hasn't peed in my bed yet, and I'm not a nice person when she pees on the floor, and she doesn't do it in the house anymore when I'm home. Why have a dog that is "this energetic" when you people leave them in a crate all the time? Don't get a energetic breed if you can't take them to work. My pug mix comes with me and he stays up front in the A/C, Ivy follows me around all day now.

The elitists on here are hilarious, go support breeders who treat their dogs like sex slaves all you want. I don't support breeders. I took her off the hands of some asshole that supported breeders. Also told him I wasn't going to give him 1200 bucks for the dog and that AKC papers didn't mean a damn thing to me and doesn't make the dog any better or worse than any other Husky in the world.

And no, my puppy isn't hyper at all, because I actually take her out and take her to work with me. Weekends is the short ride, you all seem to think you are special or something. And it's great to see "I hope your dog ends up in a shelter". I'm guessing you have no idea what dirt roads are. Rich upper class people tend to not know, they probably also have never driven on one in their 2013 Sedan with heated seats. When you actually put in a honest days work where you actually sweat and go home tired, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Lastspark
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:54 pm

I mean, seriously, how different do you think your breed you cherish so much really is? Perky ears, four legs, two-ish colours and a tail, that describes most dogs.

"Huskys pull really hard on leashes". Well, so do all poorly trained, large breed dogs.

"Huskys wander off". So do all dogs that are bored that aren't under supervision.

"Huskys don't do well in super hot weather". No thick coated dog does.

"Huskys need a ton of exercise" well, if you don't want your dog to be hyper all the time, you either need a small dog where a living room and a hallway is big enough for a full out sprint, or the very super limited breed of medium / large dogs that do not require much exercise. Stuck to... retriever, any breed of dog in their senior years, Doberman... well the list is pretty small

"Huskys chew on everything" So does every poorly trained and bored dog stuck at home or unsupervised that is wondering what the recliner lever tastes like.

"Huskys shouldn't be unsupervised, even in a fenced in yard" That about goes with any dog that has the time to dig a hole or has the legs to jump a fence. All dogs that are bored enough will eventually dig a hole.

"Not all Huskys like the water, some do, most don't." How young did your poor Husky see water? Was it often? Or is it once a season and it's alien to it by the time it sees water again? This also goes with "Black Labs love water", well, mine didn't. He hated it.

Shall I keep relating your self proclaimed "breed specific" problems, or keep proving you wrong that I read up on the breed and it's not much different than any other breed of dog? Huskys are super easy to train, wear them out first, take them in when they are tired, they learn shit really easy. It's amazing, I know. Then again, you can't really train any hyper dog, the last thing on their mind is listening to you, even Collies and Corgi's don't listen when they are super hyper with no exercise and tons of energy still.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Lol hahahahahahahaha.. Love it.. Ok you came here for advice buddy... And i didnt say i hope ur dog ends up in a shelter. Learn to read. And if you think you have the answers to everything then why the hell do you need us? And dont judge anyone on this site.. U dont know any of our stories.. And to say we are not hard workers and rich people and whatever.. Dude ur sooooo wrong lol.. I hope for the sake of ur puppy u brightin up a bit. But goodluck! And im just going to leave it at that

I wouldn't even waste my energy responding anymore. I will leave it as well. I left this forum because of posts like his, and looks like nothing has changed. Obviously the guy has issues, its a fricken HUSKY forum, of course it is breed specific!

Anyway, I'm on your side. I can't stand arrogant people
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:59 pm

"It's great that you people think I bought mine from a breeder"

I want to make this very clear. I support nothing that involves a dog being "used" for anything. YOU stated you purchased the puppy from someone who had a litter. That person is a breeder and one of the worst kinds.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:00 pm

*Uncorks the BAN stick*

Because you can't control yourself, and conduct a civil conversation in a constructive way you forced my hand. You know it amazes me how nieve you are. If 50 people tell you the same thing and you are disagreeing, especially in this manner, you are doing because you're a troll or get kicks out of arguing for the sake of arguing.

I feel bad for your dog.

Bye Bye Buddy. I would say I'll miss you... but I won't.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out k?~

Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 220499

~Chris~

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:02 pm

Is it wrong to insert applause and cheers here?!?!
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:14 pm

It makes me sad that someone can be so ignorant and rude.

As a side note, I accidentally clicked on the + sign next to Tika's post. It said my rating or something had been posted. What did I just do?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:16 pm

CavingSiberian wrote:
As a side note, I accidentally clicked on the + sign next to Tika's post. It said my rating or something had been posted. What did I just do?
you gave him a "treat" for his post if you would have clicked the - you would have taken away a treat.
https://www.itsahuskything.com/t4488-what-are-treats
read this

Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Awe man, after reading this entire post...I feel really sad and sorry for that puppy!! Feels like she's going to be abused...I wanna cry!
The way he described her as "gross", and using the word "this" husky. In a way I do hope she ends up in a shelter and finds a better home then living with that guy!!
Back to top Go down
holister
Newborn
Newborn
holister

Male Join date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:16 pm

umm Ok i was the one who posted this question and I came back to read all these negative posts...if you wish to speak rudely to each other then please do it privately on your own not here on my post.

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
holister
Newborn
Newborn
holister

Male Join date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:19 pm

btw for those of you who did specifically respond to my post, our little Dallas is doing great!!! still working on the potty training though!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training 8 week old husky   Training 8 week old husky - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Training 8 week old husky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2