It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

training treats?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

treats - training treats? Empty
PostSubject: training treats?   treats - training treats? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:44 am

I use my normal tammys delights right now but bella has made of perfectly clear that when we are around other dogs she doesnt care about tammys treats. We went to a training class tonight and ended up leaving the room not going back in because she was to loud and no one could hear. The trainer is also my boss and she said we'll try again with her next week but to boil some chicken and dice it up. I wasnt even thinking when she said it but i cannot give bella chicken! Or she'll be sleeping in the shed chicken equals very bad gas for Bella. Jasper will eat the tammys treats but doesnt go crazy for them so i know their out of the question for training classes on him also, i may able to use a firmer steamed veggie for him though since he loves steamed carrots, and asparagus so far. Was thinking about hotdogs but again with the chicken. And having to get all beef dogs for training these beasts? dont know if my wallet can handle all that. Anyone have any spectacular treat you can suggest? I am definetly going for corn wheat by-product and chicken free.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: training treats?   treats - training treats? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:14 am

I love Zukes training treats, as do my dogs. I get the salmon flavor and they are moist and miniture, the best kind of training treats. You want a treat that is small enough they don't spend forever trying eat, nor do you want a treat that they have to crunch and loose focus on you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

PostSubject: Re: training treats?   treats - training treats? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:30 am

Thanks i'll definetely look into them!
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: training treats?   treats - training treats? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:50 am

I use "Pet Botanics". At only 1/2 calories it doesn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

PostSubject: Re: training treats?   treats - training treats? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 pm

I picked up a bag of the pet botanics since they are on sale and bella literally spit it back at me when i first tried it. My trainer/ boss said because of the garlic in it not to really use it, but bella did respond to them and ate them happily at class yesterday! I also picked up a lickety stick which she automatically puts her furry butt to the floor! Yesterday went well the occasional complaint but she was quieter then the other husky there. So i think tommorow is another trip to petsmart for a few more lickety sticks and pet botanics while the sales on and we will mix in broken peices of tammys delights for variety too since tammy came over praising bella for a good quiet watch and she accepted that treat also. Might grab some zukes also cause those are on sale have to factor budget before i go cause the truck needs brakes. Now to see if jasper reacts similiarly, i was supposed to be alternating weeks with the dogs for training but cause bella went nuts the first day we tried her the next class again. Need to get a pinch collar on jasper first though he really pulls!
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: training treats?   treats - training treats? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 pm

I use Zukes, they work well but Luna gets bored of them easy. The one treat she never tires of is Redbarn Choppers (beef lung), I break it into little pieces for training and she goes nuts!!
Back to top Go down
AdamK
Teenager
Teenager
AdamK

Male Join date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: training treats?   treats - training treats? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 pm

I use zukes as well but I try to keep it interesting. Right now I have been giving my pup "my little wolf" treats and my dog lovesssssss them, you can break them up in to little pieces well..
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: training treats?   treats - training treats? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 11:06 pm

I have been getting into freeze dried treats lately as well. I never use one flavor of any kind of treat for very long. The girls don't respond well to any PB flavored treats, so I haven't even tried those. The Zukes treats that I use are wild rabbit and salmon; they go nuts for those treats. I picked up some freeze dried nuggets just a couple of days ago and like I said, they loved them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
kkaylor
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: training treats?   treats - training treats? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:15 am

I use the Bil-Jac treats with liver that you have to keep refrigerated. I tried using some others but my pup wasn't responding well during training until the trainer gave me some to try and then he responded immediately and the rest of the training sessions were awesome.

http://www.petco.com/product/116880/Bil-Jac-Frozen-Dog-Food.aspx

There is a link to it. I don't get it from Petco cause my trainer offers it for cheaper but my pup loves it. I don't even have to tell him to sit. He sees it and automatically sits right in front of me waiting patiently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: training treats?   treats - training treats? Empty

Back to top Go down

training treats?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1