It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

Female Join date : 2013-04-09

Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) Empty
PostSubject: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Hey there! I have been lurking for a while but finally decided to make an account and start posting! I'm Janelle and my husky is named Zoey. Zoey was born Dec. 28, 2012, which makes her now 3 months and (almost) 2 weeks. I got her at just about 6 weeks old, and she has done really well (for the most part) since I brought her home. She isn't pure bred, though I'd like to think she looks it. Her dad, Loki, was a pure husky, but her mom Veruka is only half, the other half being... Dog. Lab? Pit? We're not sure. Veruka was originally mine but I had to give her up to a friend at one point. Her and Loki got free together one day and boom, 9 unexpected puppies. 8 all were given to great homes, including my little Zoey who was the runt, but my friend and her fiance kept the oldest, a large boy named Otter, he is a goof. Since then Loki finally found his forever home, and Veruka is on schedule to get spayed, as is Otter to get neutered. Smile

Zoey was just recently spayed this week. Razz And there is her story. Hahaha Again though she isn't pure husky, I like to think she looks it enough. <3 I love my little girl no matter what she is, but I am actually hoping that whatever else is in her may make her easier to work with overall in the long run. Smile Her best friend is my moms doberman/ wimerauner Voodoo, and her lab/ chow Cheese (don't ask on the name, haha). She LOVES my cat, though Jasper isn't so fond of her, but a slap or 2 (thankfully without claws so far) usually dissuades her along with a "No" from me. She also has issues with water. She doesn't realize she has to swallow her last lap of it when she drinks. Haha she looks up and it all just kinda goes. Rolling Eyes But here are some photos of her since I got her till now. Smile

The litter: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) 2013-010
Zoey and Otter at about 6 weeks. Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) 52470110
The father, Loki: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) 48012910
Her Mother, Veruka: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) 48136910
One of her first days home: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) 2013-011
The day her first ear stood up: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) 2013-012
Sometimes she sleeps like a dork:Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) 2013-013
She is a goof: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) 2013-014
Sideways, but this was 2 weeks ago on the way to a dog park: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) 2013-015
Again sideways, but last night after a very busy, active day: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) 2013-016
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:28 pm

She's cute, I love her mask. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:34 pm

She is too cute and a day older than my baby Smile
Back to top Go down
SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Thanks! Everyone always comments on her mask! I love it too. Smile And that is so awesome that her an Nova are so close in age! Nova is a cutie, I adore silvers! ^_^
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 pm

SilverLeaf wrote:
Thanks! Everyone always comments on her mask! I love it too. Smile And that is so awesome that her an Nova are so close in age! Nova is a cutie, I adore silvers! ^_^
Thanks Smile yours, looks more grown up than mine though! I feel like Novs looks alot younger, I always get asked how long we've had her, and everyone is surprised at how old she is.
Back to top Go down
SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:10 pm

NovasHuman wrote:
SilverLeaf wrote:
Thanks Smile yours, looks more grown up than mine though! I feel like Novs looks alot younger, I always get asked how long we've had her, and everyone is surprised at how old she is.

Haha, a lot of people are surprised by Zoey's age as well simply because of her size. Especially when she is with Otter, since he was also the largest of the litter, let alone her being the smallest. Hahaha, I love my little girl.
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Just to show you how small she is my bf said I could post this, this is her at 8 weeks, she use to nap in the hood of our sweatshirts all the time
Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) Nova_h10
Back to top Go down
SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:38 pm

OMG She is so tiny! What a cutie! ^_^ Her mask is pretty. Smile
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:44 pm

OMG! I have to give more admiration of her mask! So cute! <3
Back to top Go down
SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Thank you! ^_^
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Welcome! She's adorable!
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:56 pm

SilverLeaf wrote:
OMG She is so tiny! What a cutie! ^_^ Her mask is pretty. Smile
Thanks lol her mask has gone away so much as shes grown I love the mask on yours
Back to top Go down
SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 am

Yeah, her mask has changed a lot. The spots above her eyes were brown as a baby, and she has much darker areas around her mouth too as you can see. She is lightening up. But I think her dots are gonna stay a really light tan, and tat she is gonna keep at least a light grey around her mouth. Smile
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:11 am

SilverLeaf wrote:
Yeah, her mask has changed a lot. The spots above her eyes were brown as a baby, and she has much darker areas around her mouth too as you can see. She is lightening up. But I think her dots are gonna stay a really light tan, and tat she is gonna keep at least a light grey around her mouth. Smile
thats awesome I've always thought dogs with different colored eyebrows were just the cutest thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)   Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello there! :) New to the forums! (photo heavy thread haha)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1