It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? Empty
PostSubject: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:57 am

Hi All,

So I finally got a Costco membership to see if I can save a few dollars here and there now that my son will be starting out school soon in a few months, so groceries expenses will be going up a bit to buy him some good food over the crap they feed at our local schools (just pizza and burgers to my knowledge).

Long story short, is it true that Nature's Domain is basically Taste of the Wild just repackaged for Costco?

Meeka has had success with TOTW and she loved the samples of their other flavors. Her stools are bit on the big side in my opinion but they are solid compared the the so-so stools before.

Also to add.....is it normal for Huskies to move around as they poop? Meeka lately has had a tendency of squating normally to poop but moves around (takes steps forward) while doing it. So instead of having one solid poop, I get to clean several solid small wastes. I don't see her struggling while she empties out but wondering if I should be concerned.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:35 am

They're similar, to my knowledge, but TOTW has more protein and fewer carbs than ND.

I think TOTW might be a bit better, but ND is a decent food. I don't think Pippa's stools are great, but they are significantly better than they were when I got her.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 pm

No, ND is rather different from TOTW but they are both manufactured by the same company (Diamond). ND is a simpler food in the sense that it has fewer different ingredients I believe. TOTW formulas have multiple different meat sources while ND formulas all have a single meat source. Both are decent foods and the ND is definitely cheaper than TOTW. I have tried both and my sibe actually does better on ND than he does on TOTW. I actually switched to ND recently to save money since we've got a second kid on the way. All 3 of my dogs are doing superb on it which is quite rare to find something they all thrive on. It's normally against my preference to feed food made by Diamond but I've decided it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to save some $$.

The poop walk is normal. It's more of an individual dog thing, some dogs do it and others don't. I wouldn't be concerned so long as the dog is not having trouble passing bowel movements. None of my 3 dogs are regular poop walkers but every now and then they all do it at some point or another.

Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Does anyone know the protein fat percentage on the natures domain, thinking of trying it out but im noticing my one does better on higher peotein and fat foods?
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:51 pm

Bella_Jasper wrote:
Does anyone know the protein fat percentage on the natures domain, thinking of trying it out but im noticing my one does better on higher peotein and fat foods?

All the info is on their website. Just Google it.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Bella_Jasper wrote:

Both formulas, salmon and turkey, are 24% protein and 14% fat.

Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:07 pm

ateam043 wrote:
Also to add.....is it normal for Huskies to move around as they poop? Meeka lately has had a tendency of squating normally to poop but moves around (takes steps forward) while doing it. So instead of having one solid poop, I get to clean several solid small wastes. I don't see her struggling while she empties out but wondering if I should be concerned.

Can't comment on the food, but I laughed at this. Loki does the same thing, and I've been working with him to see if he's even able to stand still. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:37 pm

OMG Sheba is an AWFUL trailer!! She trails while PEEING! What kind of dog does that?! I hate it. She pees on her legs sometimes when she walks really fast. I can't break her of it. Drives me insane.

Don't worry about her trailing. It's just an annoying quirk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I had read several over sites that it was basically the same repackaged. Meeka is thriving on TOTW but may give ND a try at least for one bag to see how she does on it. $20 difference in bag adds up long term.

The trailing thing does drive me nuts. Sometimes I miss one and step on it and don't realize until I'm inside the house....aargh!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Balon has always been a pee trailer, it drives me nuts too! Especially when he was a pup and having accidents in the house lol, I used to follow him with the wet jet while telling him no lol quite a picture!!!
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:36 pm

How did Meeka do on ND?
I do not work much during the summer so we decided to try it as well. Just got a bag last week and has started the switch. Nanook seems to like it a little more then TOTW but honestly he eats anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?   TOTW and Nature's Domain the same? Empty

Back to top Go down

TOTW and Nature's Domain the same?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1