It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

That one dog at the dog park

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:12 pm

wpskier222 wrote:
There is a lady that comes to the dog park I go to that has a huge doberman that she takes into small dog section if it's empty. It wears a muzzle all the time, except when in the small dog section alone, she takes it off. The dog just runs along the fence acting trying to attack every dog on the other side or any dog that walks by outside the fence on a leash. The fence in our dog park is only like 3.5-4 foot, so it actually scares me, it would be so easy for that dobbie to jump the fence. Whenever I see her, I leave with Dizzy immediately, its just too close for comfort for me.
That's just like a great dane I had an issue with at my dog park. Except it was on the big side, and terrorizing every dog it saw. As soon as it saw us approaching it came charging across the field and jumped up on the gate, and had its top paws hanging over the top of the gate barking and growling and snapping at my dogs. Link gets aggressive with dogs who are aggressive with him first, so of course he starts lunging and growling back. I was shocked as the owner took his time moseying on over while this great dane is hanging over the gate lunging dangerously close to my dogs.. He finally got his dog so I was able to safely open the gate and we ended up going to the small side since no one was over there and I didn't want to waste a 20 minute drive, and the dane just kept pacing the fence line snapping and barking at Link and occasionally jumping on top to taunt him. To me that kind of behavior is unacceptable and had the tables been flipped and had Link been the aggressor, I would have left immediately. Some people lack common sense.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:14 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
 It is terribly frustrating.  There are rules and laws like this for a reason and it sickens me when people don't comply because they are lazy or negligent or careless, whatever.  

Some laws and rules being broken, no problem, so long as you're not putting other people at risk of anything or endangering a person, dog, whatever.  

It very frustrating.  Here the dog warden starting coming to our park because people don't have tags/license for their dogs and were too busy socializing to pick up their dogs poop.  Lots of tickets handed out the day I was there and I was glad.  If your dog isn't up to date on shots don't bring him to the dog park where he could be a potential carrier and infect others.

So sorry Link got hurt, give him extra love.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Mobezilla wrote:

wpskier222 wrote:
There is a lady that comes to the dog park I go to that has a huge doberman that she takes into small dog section if it's empty. It wears a muzzle all the time, except when in the small dog section alone, she takes it off. The dog just runs along the fence acting trying to attack every dog on the other side or any dog that walks by outside the fence on a leash. The fence in our dog park is only like 3.5-4 foot, so it actually scares me, it would be so easy for that dobbie to jump the fence. Whenever I see her, I leave with Dizzy immediately, its just too close for comfort for me.
That's just like a great dane I had an issue with at my dog park. Except it was on the big side, and terrorizing every dog it saw. As soon as it saw us approaching it came charging across the field and jumped up on the gate, and had its top paws hanging over the top of the gate barking and growling and snapping at my dogs. Link gets aggressive with dogs who are aggressive with him first, so of course he starts lunging and growling back. I was shocked as the owner took his time moseying on over while this great dane is hanging over the gate lunging dangerously close to my dogs.. He finally got his dog so I was able to safely open the gate and we ended up going to the small side since no one was over there and I didn't want to waste a 20 minute drive, and the dane just kept pacing the fence line snapping and barking at Link and occasionally jumping on top to taunt him. To me that kind of behavior is unacceptable and had the tables been flipped and had Link been the aggressor, I would have left immediately. Some people lack common sense.
Sheesh! I've had to leave with Diz a couple times because he would fixate on one dog and just not leave it alone, usually one smaller than him. It was overly aggressive play, not true aggression (he's a bit young for that), but even still his behavior wasn't cool. I've started actually scoping out who is in there and watching the dynamic before I even go to the gate now. I also watch every dog that comes in...
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:20 pm

yeah, with Huskies we have to be aware too that our dogs are loud and self confident and assertive and very...in your face type of dogs and we should be aware of our own instigator or provocation scenarios as well.

Their behaviors and style are so easily misinterpreted by people and they can come off very strong to other dogs.

Another reason to follow them like shadows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Poor Link! I'm glad he is okay, that is really scary!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Poor Link Sad I was standing in the middle of the park *actively looking* for Jeff and Link, and didn't see them before the attack. That lady had no business bringing her dog there Evil or Very Mad

Also, a pic of Link all doped up Laughing
park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 BtJtdap
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Although a very cute picture, is it sad that I am more impressed with how clean that car is with no husky hair or dirtyness in sight? I wish mine looked like that! Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Aww, lil stoned buddy.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:51 pm

siku&nikolai wrote:
Although a very cute picture, is it sad that I am more impressed with how clean that car is with no husky hair or dirtyness in sight? I wish mine looked like that! Embarassed 

We had to keep them separated, my car is NOT clean..normally those seats are down..this is what it really looks like:

park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 IOfSMun

Lol.
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Poor little baby! I haven't taken Kingsley to the dog park in a couple months or so. We found a doggy day care ($20/day) that we really enjoy. The owner has a husky and her son competes in sled dog racing. And they have 5-6 other huskies that go there so I really trust them to understand the breed. He's been going for about a month now and loves it. The lady calls about midday with updates and posts pictures/videos on facebook. She's been running the business for 13 years now. A great (but expensive) alternative to dog parks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:05 am

O no poor Link!! Give him kisses for me!! That had to be heartwrenching!!!

Hopefully this doesn't happen again. People like that drive me nuts. If you aren't bringing your dog to socialize, why bring them at all?
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:53 am

Yeah, I don't do dog parks anymore either, for this EXACT reason.

Why do toolbag owners have to ruin it for the rest of us?? The last time I went, this douchebag couple had a terrier mutt and an outrageously overweight beagle. The terrier was defending this invisible circle around it's owners and would chomp down on any legs or muzzles that came near it. Also barked and growled it's little head off.

Now, our huskies like to play by chomping, but this was NOT play. This dog wanted a piece of flesh as a prize. COUNTLESS people asked this idiots to leave, but they just laughed it off. That is until that dog decided to mess with MY dog. Kennedy is a VERY docile dog, very happy go lucky. If you want to be all dominate and try to throw your weight around, she usually just runs the other way. But she was NOT having this terriers BS. She snarled and pinned that little mop dog to the ground. Thing was YELPING it's little head off as Kennedy gave it "the stare". Honestly, I was proud of her. After that people cheered and they FINALLY left.

Stupid people always ruin the good things in life.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Someone brought a wolf hybrid to our park and Lucifer flipped his lid, mind you he's usually fairly okay but that hybrid made him flip, and i got glared at when my dog got defensive and was backing away barking. >.<' Not sure that was my fault.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Dot wrote:
Poor Link :(I was standing in the middle of the park *actively looking* for Jeff and Link, and didn't see them before the attack. That lady had no business bringing her dog there Evil or Very Mad

Also, a pic of Link all doped up Laughing
park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 BtJtdap
That is awesome! Hey mon, everyting gon be irei. drunken 
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Ha, good call Jen. This pic, sigh. I love this guy so much Smile the epitome of a s*it eating grin. My thought was he looks like a classic campy alcoholic women in movies who is popping pills, chasing with a martini, and saying "darling I'm faaaaabulous."
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:58 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Ha, good call Jen. This pic, sigh. I love this guy so much :)the epitome of a s*it eating grin. My thought was he looks like a classic campy alcoholic women in movies who is popping pills, chasing with a martini, and saying "darling I'm faaaaabulous."
Lol! Yeah, he's feelin pretty good... No pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That one dog at the dog park   park - That one dog at the dog park - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

That one dog at the dog park

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3