It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from California

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedQuee
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-04-23

california - Hello from California Empty
PostSubject: Hello from California   california - Hello from California EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Hello everyone! It's a pleasure to meet so many wonderful people who share a love for their huskies. I recently stumbled across this while searching for information on how to make my new love as happy as a puppy can be.

I recently moved down to California with my boyfriend and getting a dog, let alone a very active husky, was the last thing on my mind, but fate had different plans for us. We met Anya on February 2nd this year, about a month after my move. We were driving down a busy street when we saw this mud covered dog walking in between cars at a stop light. We opened up the car doors, pulled her inside and took her home.

It was late evening so the humane society in our area was already closed. When we first got her home she looked like she had brown fur she was so dirty, but we figured we'd give her a bath and quickly realized she was a pure white dog. She also had two different colored eyes, a blue and gold. She was so sweet and charming, we were instantly enthralled with her, but finding her proper family was what was most important to us.

The next morning, after letting her sleep at the foot of our bed, I took her on a walk before we took her to the humane society to see if she was chipped. On that walk a car pulled up and the woman inside said that it was her dog. She said she must have gotten out of her harness last night. We talked and she informed me that she was actually looking to get rid of her. They had had her for two weeks, but she was just to hyper for them and they had a chihuahua that she didn't get along with.

We were told she was a pure breed husky, but after agreeing to purchase her when we received all her paperwork we heard nothing from them. It sounded like, before us, she was bounced around a lot, but now she has found her forever home, our beautiful little girl. She just turned one in March and we had a little celebration for her and we couldn't be happier. She is so rambunctious and active, but that only makes us love her more. She is also a big cuddler and loves to curl up with her mommy and daddy.

Sorry it's so long! I will post some pictures of our pretty girl. And thank you all again, I look forward to learning as much as I can about huskies.

california - Hello from California Anya_zpscce69829
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California   california - Hello from California EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Sounds like a perfect match! Kale and I welcome you from NorCal Cool
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California   california - Hello from California EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Welcome. Sounds like you guys found each other and it was meant to be. She is a real looker. I believe you will find alot of good information on this forum about huskies. I know I have learn a lot about them. I found this site after I have my first one about 5 months I then want a second one so now I have two be careful it is hard to have just one.

Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California   california - Hello from California EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Welcome from New Mexico! wave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California   california - Hello from California Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from California

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1