It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Should I be scared of this breeder?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

Female Join date : 2013-04-23

Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  Empty
PostSubject: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:31 am

Because I definitely am and a little disgusted. I new at picking breeders and she says she's check out but.. Just look.

http://www.puppylovkennels.com/

Then this one seems better but I still am wary. I haven't found one that does the eye and hip scoring. But some have health guarantees

.racoonmountainsiberians.com

Help me :/ I live in Alabama , but I will travel for a great belter dee in the south east !
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:49 am

This is not a good breeder in any sense of the word "good". Their breeding stock is just horrific. The "standard" they hold their stock by is all over the place and just disgusting. The one thing that stuck out in my mind is how ridiculous over weight their dogs are! I understand some of the pictures of the females are while they are prego, but MY LORD! They are all cows! Shows how much exercise time they get outside of those kennels stuffed full with Siberians. The retired male they highlited is 100 POUNDS!! SOOO ridiculously out of standard it just blows my mind.

The way the front page repeats "we would appreciate your business" (or close to) is just SCREAMING we want your money!!!

They have way too many dogs and way too many litters going on all at once to properly socialize and exercise all of their dogs, let alone their puppies.

Don't buy from this breeder.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:59 am

That's what my gut was telling me , I was like holy crap 15 20 litters !?? Can I show you one more its the best one I have found in Alabama so far .

http://www.christophershuskyranch.com/
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 am

If you're will to travel to Texas, there are decent kennels there. Check out Sugarland Siberians (look on Facebook since most of her links on the website are broken) and Hayloh http://www.haylohsiberians.com/home

or Tennessee? http://www.jocabrisiberians.com/contact-us.html

I'm super tired right now... bed time for me. I'll try to help you search tomrrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 am

khollon wrote:
That's what my gut was telling me , I was like holy crap 15 20 litters !?? Can I show you one more its the best one I have found in Alabama so far .

http://www.christophershuskyranch.com/

That one seems SO much better! And, Them willing to let you come look around the place is a good sign! I am not into breeding or breeders of dogs though so that is all I can personally say, Though I do like them. Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 am

In Alabama these people are the ones in good standing with the parent club (SHCA)

They are active in conformation as well as breed specific activities and they do their health clearances!

http://www.doxhobbisiberians.com/home

Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:27 am

Thanks Erica ! Sleep well. And I might do Tennessee but not Texas . And I found the doxhobbi kennel and I have tried to get in touch with them multiple times but nothing. They are actually closest to where I live now . But it's been a few weeks , so I have to keep looking :/
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:36 am

Well if that is the case- I'd try once more...but find a breeder that is active in some aspect of the breed and definitely one that does the health clearances. You want to see OFA/CERF documents in hand, not vet says they are healthy enough to breed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 4:21 am

Yeah . Doxi and the Christopher's ranch guy are the only two I have for d. And I have seen scouring . But I hope that maybe I'm just missing them or something .
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:56 am

Contact Trillium Blue in GA. By all means--run
Also local Sibe clubs can help you find a decent breeder
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 am

Forgot to say that sometimes you do have to wait a while for the best pup for you. We waited two years to find our golden boy. Dont rush it. The breeders you contacted might be on the road. Good luck and let us know what happens!
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 am

I butchered my last post with typos . Lol I know it will take time . I have another 4 months before our lease on this apartment runs put and we move into a house with a backyard . I just want to have a plan . And start getting to know the breeders. ( and I'm just reaaalllllyyyy excited! )
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 am

If course you are!!!!?
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am

If you contact Trillium Blue, you might want to wait until you are in a house. They will require a fenced backyard and permission to inspect your home.
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:57 am

That is true but they dont breed often either
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 9:28 am

I know it's a given that I am Smile but I had to say it. Yeah I looked on their website . I think they either had one planned litter , or they had had and all the puppies were gone. And when I saw the applications figured I should probably wait . I don't want them to say no!
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 9:36 am

khollon wrote:
I know it's a given that I am Smile but I had to say it. Yeah I looked on their website . I think they either had one planned litter , or they had had and all the puppies were gone. And when I saw the applications figured I should probably wait . I don't want them to say no!

Definitely wait until you are a couple months til move out to fill out an application. I filled out applications 6 months early (I was reeeallllyyy excited, like you) and had mostly no responses. One rescue did respond right away. They said I sounded like a good applicant but would have to redo the app again closer to the time I was ready.
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:09 am

Good to know ! Because I have three breeders that I wanna pick from , four if doxhobbi gets in touch but I don't think they are really breeding right now. And two of them you have to fill out an application . Christopher's ranch doesn't. they do the CERF and OFA and health guarantees , and I asked to come visit and they said yes.. But I'm still not sure .
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:42 am

I recommend you do the visit. Then you will know in your gut weather or not you would trust them, just don't let the 'aw' effect of the puppies get in the way of an honest assessment of the kennel. Honestly I would not get a puppy from them, all the dogs I try to search on the OFA database online are not found, even the sire Loki, that has the ofa number listed below his name on the site. If you visit I would request to see the actual exam certs. There are a few reasons that I, personally, would not buy from this kennel. First, they don't do anything with their dogs, their only purpose in life seems to be breeding. Secondly, there are only 2 studs. I don't think you can really call anything a 'breeding program' with that a limited gene pool, a good kennel may only have one or two studs, but if so, they would most like find studs outside the kennel to breed the bitches to and incorporate new genes and certain traits into the program. Third, they are breeding some dogs with some flaws that I think most breeders would not want to pass on. Fourth, a red flag to me is that the only difference between limited and full registration is $200. Finally, none of them really look to be in good physical condition, they aren't overweight per se, but just kind of soft? if that's the right word. A good weight, but no muscle.

I went through this about 3 months ago as well, and almost ended up getting a puppy from Karnovanda, that I was going to end up paying $400 to ship. Thankfully I found a reputable breeder within driving distance and was able to get a pup from her. But, I absolutely would have paid the extra $ and dealt with the hassles of shipping for the knowledge that I was getting a puppy from a responsible breeder. Its good you're starting early, because it does take time to find the right breeder. It's totally worth it to travel or go the extra mile to make sure you get a great pup. Mine is coming home in a week and I am so excited! Good luck on your search!
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 am

Thank you! Yeah I thought it was weird , I am new to buying from breeders , so I am learning . I didn't know you could look up their testing. I thought it seemed off they only had to boys , and that all they talked about breeding. Nothing about routines or anything . Just puppies and money. I may just throw them out of the line up, now that I think about it . Its looking like its gonna be longer than I'd hoped . That's okay though :/ just a little disheartening. I have found one reputable breeder from Alabama . Just one .
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 11:14 am

Honestly your doing the smart thing right now.. I was dumb and put a 200 deposit down on the first breeder i visited and after i decided not to go wih her for multiple reasons and i coulsnt get my 200 back she just said if i want a dog in the future my deposit is still here.. But the 2nd one i found was a little better but not ideal... I love my kodabear but i probably wont go back to her for my next one.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 11:18 am

Don't get discouraged. Smile I couldn't find any on the east coast for a few weeks, and then started learning what to look for and how to turn over the stones. Smile I live in New York City, and I looked at breeders in NY, NJ, PA, MA, MI, CT, CO, and WY. It was a pretty close tie between WY and MI, then I found the one in Mass and I finally settled on that one, mostly because she met my criteria, and I could drive there to visit my pup as he was growing. It was pretty stressful, but ended up with someone that I trust. Plus, once you do find the right one, then you have the agony of waiting for a litter, and then the agony of waiting for the munchkin to be 8 weeks old. I have 7 days and 20 hours before Dizzy comes home... I have had my count down timer going on my iphone for 79 days...

Also in terms of the deposit thing, I had put one down on the MI litter and fully expected not to get it back since I went with the other breeder. However, within a few days of the litter being born, I let her know I was going with a breeder closer to me. A few days later I got a check in the mail for my full deposit. I was shocked, and pleasantly surprised. Although I didn't get a puppy from them, I can say that her business practices impressed me, and I would consider them in the future.
Back to top Go down
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 11:43 am

wpskier222 wrote:
It was a pretty close tie between WY and MI, then I found the one in Mass and I finally settled on that one

I was honestly not even aware there was a husky breeder here in WY, I have found so little people here with them!
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:26 pm

wpskier222 wrote:
Plus, once you do find the right one, then you have the agony of waiting for a litter, and then the agony of waiting for the munchkin to be 8 weeks old. I have 7 days and 20 hours before Dizzy comes home... I have had my count down timer going on my iphone for 79 days...

lol! Its so true!!! I have about the same time to wait (a week or so) and it's agonizing the closer I get to pick-up day.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:32 pm

LokiTheHusky wrote:
wpskier222 wrote:
It was a pretty close tie between WY and MI, then I found the one in Mass and I finally settled on that one

I was honestly not even aware there was a husky breeder here in WY, I have found so little people here with them!

I think they only have one litter a year, if that. Smile They got their dogs from a well known and well respect breeder, but are relatively new to the breeding scene (from what I understand at least).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    Breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I be scared of this breeder?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next