It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
asafnawi
Newborn
Newborn
asafnawi

Male Join date : 2013-03-24

exercise - How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?    exercise - How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am

Sure Smile no problem at all. I can't really say how it would last on the long run and i used it only several times, but i bought it because it has some good reviews on amazon.

About the rollerblading - i bought these:

http://www.amazon.com/K2-SPORTS-Mens-Inline-Skates/dp/B002VWH34G/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1371739176&sr=8-10&keywords=k2+moto

they have 84 size wheels which makes it easier to ride on harder surfaces, but what i do, is just leave them in my car, drive to the park and ride there Smile

Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?    exercise - How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Ah okay, I'll definitely have to look into skates as a cheaper alternative instead of a bike. We have several parks and sidewalks not too far from here that would be better for rollerblading. I'll also probably just take them for a test spin and if they can handle these roads then I wont even need to travel which would be a huge plus! xD
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?    exercise - How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:46 pm

You need an old Priest and a young Priest.
Back to top Go down
holister
Newborn
Newborn
holister

Male Join date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?    exercise - How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Well we still have a puppy so we can't bring him out on the hard pavement for too long, so a way to get out some extra energy is to put him on the treadmill at a good walking pace he loves it and sometimes hops on it himself when he wants to go on Smile. It's a great way to get some extra energy in between going out, and also a great way to do it if it's too hot out or if you don't have time for a quick walk before you step out of the house.

however by no means should you use this as your only form of excercise as dogs need to be outside and given the oppourtunity to explore the outdoors and to run!

Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?    exercise - How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Aha I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Smile

We don't have a treadmill but that does give me an idea for maybe some "back and forth" exercises I could come up with when there's a thunderstorm or something along those lines. (Maybe I could use our staircase, hallway, or even our coffee table etc...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?    exercise - How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How should I exercise a Siberian Husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3