It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

Female Join date : 2013-02-09

After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! Empty
PostSubject: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptySun May 05, 2013 12:09 pm

Went and visted Kiya for the first time yesterday. She is now 4 weeks, and five days old. It was so hard to pick at first, but there is something about her that pierces me.

After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! DSCN7877_zps20e05e30

After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! DSCN7875_zps7eda02f6

After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! DSCN7873_zps76ebd28d

After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! DSCN7890_zps8f71043f

After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! DSCN7891_zps23dbca96

Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptySun May 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Mawww she's cute. I love the picture of her wooing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptySun May 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Very cute! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptySun May 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Awwww! Smile So why to long wait? She looks adorable. I can't wait until you bring her home and show us more pics! Smile
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptySun May 05, 2013 3:58 pm

She is lovely and will be home with you before you know it
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks everyone! I hope time flies so I can have her here!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Naw she is so adorable!!
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:07 am

Nicole- from the age of 4-17, I had a dog, and therefore was always told no when I asked for a husky. so, I am finally somewhere that said I can have one here!! Smile
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:23 am

Love her nose! Congrats

Puppy
Puppy
khollon

Female Join date : 2013-04-23

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:53 am

AHHHH i am so jealous ! i cant wait. i have to wait until we move into our house before i can even find a breeder with litters, because we move in like September/November.its killing me !!! im being impatient. lol.Shes beautiful .
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Alicia22 wrote:
Nicole- from the age of 4-17, I had a dog, and therefore was always told no when I asked for a husky. so, I am finally somewhere that said I can have one here!! Smile

Ahhh, ok. Smile Well I'm so glad you are finally able to get your furry friend. They are a riot!
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks Jennifer, I am sad that it will be all black soon.
Khollon- I know what that wait feels like. Everyone will say time flies, but for those of us who are dying to get our little ones, it really feels like an eternity. What state are you in?
Thanks Nicole!!! I can't wait Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Congrats on you new baby.. I can't wait to see lots and lots of pictures of her growing up.. Puppies are so cute there are times I wish I had mine as puppies but I still love them to death and would not trade them of a puppy now but a puppy would be fun..
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:13 pm

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ! Alabama Sad 95% of the people i have found are not who you want to get a puppy from , and the other five percent arent having puppies for forever, and maybe not at all. I'm at a and even if i found someone with a litter right now.. with a puppy waiting for me. I would have to turn her down. and i am sure they wouldn't hold her for 5 months. and i would super sad she did get to live with us Sad
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Sad That sucks, but chin up, it will happen when it's supposed to happen. If it comes down to it, look outside of the state. I know a lot of people who have gone to breeders outside of their state, and have had better luck, and more options! You will want to find a breeder, where you can put money down a couple months in advance before they are even born, or thought of. That way, you are preparing the whole time, and so you can get high up on the list. I went and met with my breeder in January, put my deposit down, and my litter was born in April. I had first pick, and my pup will be ready to come home at the very end of this month. Keep looking, and check out the AKC website, for lists of breeders by state
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:33 pm

i did for alabama. there were two, and one didn't offer the hip and eye testing. there s one in georgia and one in Tennessee, and but since they have applications people said it would be better to wait til i am in the house to apply.. I dont really want to go five states away or anything like that, if i can help it. but i mean , i will if it absolutely comes down t it. lol
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Haha, I hear you there. I too wouldn't want to drive five states away, but if I did come down to it, then road trip it is! You will find one soon, and hopefully you will be in your house quickly as well. Meanwhile, just absorb as much as you can from this site. I have learned so much in two months, that I feel like I am fully prepared for my little fur ball of energy...but hey ask me again in four weeks, when I am sleep deprived haha
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Linda- Thanks so much! I will try not to over due it on the pics, haha, well ok no promises there!
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:06 am

lol that is the plan ! i stalk this site . in the most non creepy way possible. Smile lol I cant wait to see more pics of your baby !! and I definitely will ask you again. lol id like to hear what you have to say. cross your fingers for me . Smile
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:19 am

Haha, stalking this site is not creepy at all, if you don't then you aren't truly into it!! That is what it is here for! She is looking like she will be a handful, I better enjoy the sleep now. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed, and eyes opened for you in case I hear of breeders down there. The other thing you should do is post in the general discussion, to see if anyone on here is a breeder close to you. I know some people on here, get their dogs from others on here as well. I will be full of info when your fur ball comes along, so feel free to ask and I will help as much as I can!
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:24 am

I will Smile thank you so much ! and you can count on me coming for advice. i like to know everything. and love being prepared for everything. makes me feel like superwoman , kinda . lol
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:27 am

That just means the little one will need a super woman collar, da dada da!!! Not a problem at all, I am like you are, always like to be prepared. Also, when you start to purchase stuff, look into dr. foster and smith. Their sales are great, some of their stuff is expensive, but catch it at the right time and it is like a steal. Way cheaper than petco, and petsmart. But if you get a broken box, or something happens to anything you ordered, they will send you brand new stuff, free of charge...even if you are unhappy with something.
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:03 am

definitely gotta take note of that ! Smile im gonna get a big plastic container and start slowly filling it with supplies . so i can be ready for him, and not blow a ton of money all at once. lol because i will definitely want to. where do you live in florida? is it kind of close to alabama?
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:35 am

I am actually up in New York, and according to "Shrek", I would be far, far away. Haha I couldn't resist that.
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:54 pm

lol !! :lol!:it is very far far away. i have never been close to new york at all i hear good things though. yeah for some reason i asked you that and meant to ask another person that. i get turned around sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!   After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!! Empty

Back to top Go down

After patiently waiting for 17 years, and 4 months...here is Kiya!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next