It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nero
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2010-08-04

Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! Empty
PostSubject: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:26 am

Howdy all!!

I'm Rix, I'm 25 and currently live in Brisbane, Australia. I'm originally from England and moved here about 8 months ago.

This is Nero hes 7 weeks old and has wicked blue eyes, he's my first dog (well technically my 2nd, I had a Husky when I lived in Zimbabwe as a kid) and I will be picking him up on Saturday. I'm soo excited!!!! bounce

Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! IMG_7080

I also have 2 Persians cats back home, also with blue eyes Wink

Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! 3070_87464691356_628481356_2847908_2788545_n
Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! _MG_04371024x768

Just thought I would introduce myself. Will get some more pics of Nero after I pick him up Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Nero
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:25 am

Oops! Just realised there is an intro section! Can mods plz move it Smile
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:41 am

Heh, no worries. I'll shift it around.

Welcome to the forum! Nero has some sweet colors, it looks like he has just a hint of a mask going on there. Way cool. Love the kitties too. That should be quite the crew once Nero joins.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:16 am

Welcome Rix!

Nero is absolutely stunning! I'm a sucker for the whites... your cats are gorgeous too Smile Glad you're getting a pup so that he socializes with them. Koda and Hailey (who were both adopted) would find them fuzzy chew toys!

Welcome to the forum... can't wait to see Nero grow up!

Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Nero
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Thx guys Smile

The cats are actually back home in England and I will be moving back in Nov when Nero is about 6 months old...will that be ok?

I have a question, it might seem stupid but, what's the first thing I should do after I get him home?

I've read through most of the threads in the training section but would like a sort of breakdown as to the first few things I should do when he arrives in his new home. I'm picking him up today and have 3 full days to spend with him before going back to work 9-4ish.

TIA Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 pm

If he's going to be living with cats in England, there is no way he's going to arrive in England at 6 months old and just get along with them. You NEED to socialize them now! Huskies have a VERY high prey drive and unless you socialize them as puppies, you can NEVER trust them with cats.

I don't know what your circumstances are in Brisbane, but if you can either get a cat, or borrow a cat... you need to have a cat live with you and Nero in Oz if you're going to have him co-habitate with cats in England. Otherwise they will never get along.

Start a new thread about "Bringing Home a Puppy" and we'll post suggestions there! It's a good topic to have going Smile

Back to top Go down
Nero
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Hmmm not sure about borrowing a cat. I can probably adopt one until I leave, albeit a little cruel? I'll start looking Smile

Thread started!

I'm pretty unprepared for this entire endeavour, although I researched Huskies a while ago, I only spotted Nero yesterday and decided he's too cute not to buy! I still need to go shopping for him. Sheesh the last time I felt like this i came home with an iPad! This time I'm coming home with a dog!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Welcome and im sure all of us can help you out in one way or another on your new adventure! i can see why you could not pass him up he is such a looker!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Well- don't go out and screw over a kitty either... poor kitty. Are you working there? Living with friends? Roommates? Make sure that kitty has a loving home before you go out and adopt one.

Maybe look into fostering a cat?

Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Welcome and good luck! Nero looks like a cutie! The others here are very full of good info, so you're in good hands. Looking forward to hearing of his escapades and adventures, of which there will be many I am sure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!   Hey guys n girls - New member checking in! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey guys n girls - New member checking in!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1