It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Let me keep those pearly whites!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HuskyAvalanche
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyAvalanche

Female Join date : 2013-05-15

Let me keep those pearly whites! Empty
PostSubject: Let me keep those pearly whites!   Let me keep those pearly whites! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:14 pm

I have to say and yes people tell me that I am weird all the time. If you want to keep a special moment box of your first husky, then do it, I wish I had!
My best friend has kept all her dogs firsts and made her little fur boy a baby book, she said and I quote " I have three kids, Two Girls and a Fur Boy" Why can't I do the same for him as I have done for my two girls? IDK, its not really different to me, baby books don't specify that the baby has to be of human nature, you can keep a small tuft of hair from his/her first snow, the first lost tooth, granted if you can find it lol. How unusual is that I done the same thing for my daughter, why not our fur babies! it would be good if you have kids especially young ones, when they get older and maybe the dog didn't make it all those years then you can hand it down to them. I am sure that they would love to be able to go down memory lane especially if they were too young to remember them fully. Really all you need to do is go by the normal baby book directions , picture from birth, Doggies first adult tooth, first hair cut= first coat blow, ect.ect.
Why am I so unusual for wanting to do this for my family for when our beloved boy is no longer around, (praying he stays with us for as long as he can) well I guess I am just going to have to be a weirdo then. Call me crazy I think it is adorable! How many of you would do this or have done this for your beloved Huskies?
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Let me keep those pearly whites!   Let me keep those pearly whites! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:18 pm

I didn't even do a proper baby book with my human kids, but I do have a couple of Luci's teeth stashed away in my file cabinet along with the teeth my daughter lost so far. And yes, the tooth fairy did visit Luci too (that's why the teeth are hidden away).
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Let me keep those pearly whites!   Let me keep those pearly whites! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:45 pm

I don't think I'd do that for my kid, if I have one in the future, and I haven't done it for Korra. Out of laziness, really. I do, however, have little empty spice jar that I have her baby teeth in, and above her crate I have the wall covered with pictures of her and my last girl that I printed at the drug store. I may also have her fur, at the behest of my mother who spins and knits, haha.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Let me keep those pearly whites!   Let me keep those pearly whites! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:59 pm

I have a baby book for my daughter and keep a lot of memory stuff for her and I plan to do the same for my second. I would never even consider doing anything like that for my dogs. I love my dogs and they are like family but they don't, and never will, fall in the same category as my kids. At the end of the day, even though I consider my dogs part of the family, I still see my dogs as animals and my kids as people, far above dog status. I'll keep my heart dog's custom harness and collar to remember him when he's no longer around but that's about it.

Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Let me keep those pearly whites!   Let me keep those pearly whites! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I havent done it and probably wouldnt just because i wouldnt know where to start and i'd be to lazy to follow through with it. But my dogs have always been like my children and i think always will be. I have my Nova's leashs her harness and collar, her favorite toy is floating around somewhere and some in my family think I'm strange for this but her ashes are on my entertainment center with a plaque I made of her just after she pasted. I had to put nova's collar on bella when she snapped hers and my sister laughed her ass off at me cause i spent almost an hour refusing to put it on her, it was novas i couldnt just put it on another dog! I can see some people doing this it just wouldnt be my thing. I keep pictures, which i'm severely lacking with Bella and Jasper thanks to a sneaky three year old that wouldnt tell me where he hid my camera, and collars.
Back to top Go down
HuskyAvalanche
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyAvalanche

Female Join date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Let me keep those pearly whites!   Let me keep those pearly whites! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:09 pm

well I don't know about the teeth part as I have the one, but I would like to start him a baby book for my daughter she she's four, I think that it would be nice she absolutely adores him and gets attached to the pets she has, I think that when she gets older she would like to look through it and have it time lined out for her. My daughter always comes before my husky, that is partly why I would like to do it, lots of people have said that I was weird and it was unnatural to have a keepsake box or book for an animal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let me keep those pearly whites!   Let me keep those pearly whites! Empty

Back to top Go down

Let me keep those pearly whites!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Miscellaneous Questions-