It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Want to neuter...but where?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

neuter - Want to neuter...but where? Empty
PostSubject: Want to neuter...but where?   neuter - Want to neuter...but where? EmptySat May 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Vegeta just turned 5 months and I'd like to get him neutered. I don't mind waiting until he is 6 months if it's preferred (I've heard both 5 and 6 months as the earliest recommended). My real question isn't really when but where. It's quite expensive to get him neutered at my vet, while as a college student I can get him neutered through the humane society for $20. I'm a broke college kid so money is an issue. I'd rather not spend some of his emergency funds on his neuter. Do y'all have any experiences with getting neutered through the Human Society? Also what all is normally involved with post neutering, as in medication, any follow up, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Want to neuter...but where?   neuter - Want to neuter...but where? EmptySat May 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Neutering is one of the easiest surgeries you will go threw LOL. It is much less invasive then a spay sergury, and the boys are usually back to normal that same day. I always nueter at spay/nueter clinics. My reasoning is this; while neutering is still a surgery, it is an "easy" one. If you go through a reputable clinic, you will have no problems(EDIT:there is always risks of complications, no matter where you go.). My local speuter clinic has been doing clinics since 2001, and have done somewhere around 15,000 surgeries. I think they know what they are doing lol.

As for post op, I don't really think there is a post op. Whej I got my poodle done, he was a little wobbly on his feet for the first couple house after that, had to pee like a fricken race horse, and needed help going up and down the stairs. He layed down on the dog bed the rest of the day, cuddled with me at night, and was himself the next day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Want to neuter...but where?   neuter - Want to neuter...but where? EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:27 pm

I agree with Kelsey. Neuters are much less invasive. The whole procedure can be up to 5-10 minutes tops and then they are woken up. Usually they use tissue glue on males so a follow up appt is usually not necessary for any suture removals. Females I usually advocate for vet hospitals to do since they have to actually go into the body cavity, but castrations are relatively straightforward. I got Kale neutered at 5 months; he was acting like himself the next day lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Want to neuter...but where?   neuter - Want to neuter...but where? EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:17 pm

I could of went to a clinic. But i ended uo going with my vet cause he is a friend and i felt more comfortable
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Want to neuter...but where?   neuter - Want to neuter...but where? EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:46 pm

I'll end up doing a clinic when mine get fixed cause theres no way i could afford my preferred vet. He quoted me between 800 and 1000 for the two of them. I maybe looking for a different vet I think his prices have gone up.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Want to neuter...but where?   neuter - Want to neuter...but where? EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:55 pm

I got Cato neutered at a clinic for 85 - including any medication and what not. He was just over 8 months old at the time of neuter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to neuter...but where?   neuter - Want to neuter...but where? Empty

Back to top Go down

Want to neuter...but where?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1