It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How old was your pup when they started talking?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

How old was your pup when they started talking? Empty
PostSubject: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 12:34 am

Okay so I hope this isn't a repeat but I searched and didn't find so here goes. . .

I have been trying to teach Saphire to talk since she was like 3 months old. She will occasionally do the throaty growl thing to get my attention but it is really rare. Like once a month, if that, rare. She will also bark and growl when she is playing with other dogs. Her bark sounds like a Chihuahua bark and it is the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard. Plus, I think I have heard her howl all of one time.

So tonight, I come home from work and she barked at me. Like all out sounded like a big dog bark. I went to put my stuff down so I could pet her and she did the growl thing until my hands were free to pet her. And it didn't stop there. . . she has been very vocal all night long.

I knew husky's were known for being vocal and I was kind of shocked and a little disappointed that Saphire wasn't more vocal. But I was getting used to the fact that maybe she was just a quiet husky. Now I am beginning to wonder if other husky's have become more vocal as they aged? So how old was your husky when he/she started being really vocal?
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:09 am

Lol I was in the same boat as you when Kale was a pup! He was the most quiet dog I had ever encountered, but when he was about 8 months... Holy moly! Lol it was sudden as well! Too funny! I haven't thought of that day in years! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:20 am

Yuki started right away.. she wasn't even 9 weeks and she'd be complaining about something Razz Link I've had for a month now and he never makes any noise except for when he needs to go outside, and even then he only gives off one deep bark. Never woo's or howls unlike my demon princess Yuki who makes every possible noise you'd hear a monkey make.
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:57 am

willow almost never talks. she'll bark now & then when she wants attention. but she doesn't do the husky talking unless we 'talk' to her first. i'm seriously hoping she starts talking as she gets older. every once in a while she'll do it on her own though!!!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:10 am

Dizzy has something to say about everything. He even talks to his food when he eats. Kind of does this low growly grumble. Talks when he wants something, talks when he doesn't want to go somewhere, talks when he wants to go somewhere, talks when he plays, talks when he's trying to figure something out. Talks when he's frustrated, talks when he's excited, talks in the bathtub, talks when he's getting dried. Pretty much talks unless he's sleeping, or chewing on something (sometimes even then). His mom was super vocal too.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:13 am

Did I mention bored? Definitely talks when he's bored. When I'm trying to teach him something, 'talk' is pretty much his go to/default guess as to what I want.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:38 am

Lycus started at maybe 3 or 4 months I think. He's always been very vocal when it comes to food. If I'm even 5 minutes late past his usual feeding time, I won't hear the end of it lol. He's just throwing his woos at me until his food hits his bowl. I don't even know how to explain to him when there is daylight savings time change hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:52 am

Koda was very queit up till about 5 months.. Then he started talkin in the morning or a night..sometimes throughout the day.. But ablut a month ago he started barking sooooo much!! Whenever im in my room with him all he does is bark at me.. Lol its not even talkin just bark bark bark..
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:25 am

Dizzy was the opposite, started barking, now hardly ever barks, but talks all the time.
Back to top Go down
Weda
Newborn
Newborn
Weda

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:56 am

Murphy started about a month ago. So about 11 months old, give or take (don't have an actual birth date for him Sad ) He mainly talks in the morning. I think it's way of telling me to get my rear moving. LOL He woo-woos and does short howls and grumbles a little. When he wants to play and I'm not playing, he'll let loose a short bark or two. But I'm not encouraging THAT. ;-)
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Karli is just starting now but like Sapphire its not very often. She many snorts at us when we don't do what she wants. She'll woowoo at my hubby when he wont get up in the morning (she'll jump on the bed and woo in his face.) She woo'd at me today when I was getting ready to take her for a walk because apparently I wasn't fast enough. I say "speak" after she does it because I want her to learn that command, hubby thinks it would be cool to teach her to talk on command. She rarely barks, the one time she barked at my hubby during play, he told her no, so she doesn't do it often. Usually only when a dog gets too close to her fence outside. Other than that she's a pretty quiet puppy.
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Luci is 7 months and is just now starting to talk and grumble. She's also a barker, so I don't know if that will hinder her ability to do proper husky speak.
Nanook never barks and only says one thing like once every other day.
Back to top Go down
holister
Newborn
Newborn
holister

Male Join date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Our little Dallas started talking about 2 months...she is now 3 1/2 months old and she loves to talk, mostly when she wakes up, is hungry or wants to play with us. As much as she likes to talk she also loves to sleep, so it's a good balance of both.

I'm sure as your dog grows up she too will get a voice of her own Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How old was your pup when they started talking?   How old was your pup when they started talking? Empty

Back to top Go down

How old was your pup when they started talking?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1