It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Does she have a Bladder Infection?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

Female Join date : 2013-05-01

Does she have a Bladder Infection? Empty
PostSubject: Does she have a Bladder Infection?   Does she have a Bladder Infection? EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:59 am

Hi, So I have been having a problem potty training phoebe, We have tried every potty training trick and nothing seems to work, If she has to go she is gonna go no matter where she is except in her cage. I just figured maybe she is just going to take a little longer to train. But tonight I was in the livingroom watching tv and my sister comes out from our room and goes into the kitchen. I had heard phoebe moving around in her cage and though she was just readjusting in her sleep and all of a sudden I heard some of water pouring sound, I asked my sister if that was her but she thought it was me. So I look in phoebe's cage and see that she peed on her blanket. That is not like her to not whine or cry from in her cage when she wants out, it's probably the only time she ever whines or cries is when she is in her cage has gotta go. I took her out and handed her leash to my sister. I pull her blanket out and turn to hear and see her peeing again but this time the puddle is about 3 in wide by 15 in long, IT WAS HUGE. I had NEVER seen her pee that much and she did not have that much water before see got in her cage. I am starting to think maybe she has a bladder infection because when she normally goes outside she seems to be straining some.

I am just wondering what you guys think? If its a bladder infection or just a house training mishaps before i go to the vet.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Does she have a Bladder Infection?   Does she have a Bladder Infection? EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:30 am

How often are you taking her outside to go potty?? If you aren't taking her out frequently enough, there's your answer. I took Sheba out every 30 minutes to an hour until she was about 6 months old. She didn't understand she could actually HOLD it until a few weeks after her 6 month birthday. Even then I had to take her out every two hours.

I skimmed your post, so forgive me if it is in there, but do you take away water at all?? When Sheba was a baby, she wasn't allowed water after 8pm. When I adopted Kennedy, in her first two weeks, she wasn't allowed water after 7 pm.

What exactly are you doing potty training wise? Sorry if you've already made a thread about it, if so just link it to this post.

I can't tell from the little information you have given in this post if she does or does not have an infection. What is her water intake? Is she drinking more/less/ or the same amount of water?? She is a puppy, so she has to go A LOT already, but does she squat multiple times and nothing comes out?? Or does she potty every single time??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

PostSubject: Re: Does she have a Bladder Infection?   Does she have a Bladder Infection? EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:13 am

When she is out of her cage we take her out every 20-25mins but when she is in her a cage about every hour and if she has to go before that she always cry and we take her right out.

Yes we do take her water away, no water in cage and she never has water left out, if she wants water she either paces in-front of the kitchen sink or hops in our bathtub and drinks from the faucet (she and our two cats seem to like drinking from it.)I watch her like a hawk and can hear her jump in there so I always watch how much she drinks(We live in small apartment you can hear just about anything) The past week she has been drinking less amount of water as she usually does but its been the 80-90s here the past 5 days so you would think she would be drinking alot more. We also make sure she goes before we put her in cage.

Potty training wise we take her out like I mentioned above, we have one of those dog bells on the door and everytime we go out we ring it and everytime she goes we phase and/or give her a treat.

I notice she sometimes squats and it takes a mintue or two to start peeing and other times she starts to pee before see can even squat(but that one could be from her having to really go)

You Probably Right and its just because of her house training but she hadn't had much water and it was around 2hrs after she went in her cage when she went to bed at about 9:15, she peed so much two times in row just within seconds and I got worried.

Oh and Thank you too!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Does she have a Bladder Infection?   Does she have a Bladder Infection? EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:26 am

For piece of mind, you can still take her the vet. Females are very prone to UTIs.

Is her urine very stinky? Is it cloudy or is there blood in it? If so, then you definitely need to take her to the vet.

Some dogs take a little longer to catch on to potty training then others, don't worry about that Smile.

If I'm reading your post correctly, you're saying you don't leave a water bowl out for her....ever??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

PostSubject: Re: Does she have a Bladder Infection?   Does she have a Bladder Infection? EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Her pee hasn't been any different . About the water bowl, we sometimes leave one down but she'll just snub it and prefers to drink from the water faucet in the bathtub, we leave it on just about all the time for her and the cats. The only time she will drink from a bowl is if someone is in the bathroom and the door is shut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does she have a Bladder Infection?   Does she have a Bladder Infection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does she have a Bladder Infection?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1