It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

post-neuter green, runny poop.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:14 pm

It has to be food grade - not for gardening.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Noted, we have so many non-corporate, health oriented pet stores here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:07 am

seattlesibe wrote:
Will do Jen.  I just got home.  Link seems great and he was so excited to see me. I stooped down and he nuzzled under me and turned on his back and was wooing and now he's playful Smile

Incisions look great.  Apparently the green discharge was a brighter green, like crayon green.  And Patrick didn't actually see it in liquid form but it was a crust at the tip of his urethra , so it had been discharging earlier.  

Good news so far though, he had a normal poop, brown and firm, around 1 this afternoon so the vet's kibble seems to be out of his system by now, phew.  

Appointment about the green crust in a bit and I'll be in touch.

Thanks as well to Meredith and Erica for your feedback, much appreciated.

Yes, keep us updated, because sometimes my boys have that discharge thats green, and my vet always keeps telling me its nothing, so I hope its a normal alright thing, but if you get a different answer, let me know!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi Erica, aside from the update posted above about this case with Link I know it is common for males, especially sexually maturing teenage males, to discharge a yellow, greenish fluid that is essentially dog smegma from the penis. You should maybe look that up to see what it is in more detail. It happens in humans too, but mostly with uncircumcised males. In it is a lubricant type fluid that gathers in the sheath (the part we see externally) and will occasionally discharge out and it could very well be what's going on with your dogs, especially since your vet says it's nothing.

Hope that steers you in the right direction. Thanks for helping with Link Smile
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:29 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Hi Erica, aside from the update posted above about this case with Link I know it is common for males, especially sexually maturing teenage males, to discharge a yellow, greenish fluid that is essentially dog smegma from the penis. You should maybe look that up to see what it is in more detail. It happens in humans too, but mostly with uncircumcised males.  In it is a lubricant type fluid that gathers in the sheath (the part we see externally) and will occasionally discharge out and it could very well be what's going on with your dogs, especially since your vet says it's nothing.

Hope that steers you in the right direction. Thanks for helping with Link Smile

Yeah, I just find its so weird that it happens in both of my neutered males still and thats what worries me. When we first noticed it, we took Nikolai back to the vet (he had an undescended testicle) it was after his neutering surgery, only to my surprise and right suspicions that he indeed was not fully neutered. Needless to say we do not go to that vet anymore, but its just odd to me that its still around after they have been fully neutered. But they don't lick it, and its just there some days more than others. I'm just such a worrier, because I never want to not catch something with my dogs, so anything I see, I automatically go crazy and just suspect the worse! Haha.

But i'm glad that Link is okay, and that it was just the food, and his poops are normal!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:37 pm

I don't know for sure that neutering will stop it from secreting because it's not produced by the testicles. In fact in humans at least females have it too and it can collect around the clitoris. Not sure about female dogs though.

In male dogs its function is to lubricated the sheath which should still be functioning properly after neutering, as far as I have read and heard from the vet yesterday.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks for helping me out, and making me worry less about it! I just got that advice not to worry about it from the other vet who messed up the neutering, so needless to say I don't really trust him when he says its nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Yeah, that is unfortunate that that happened, I'm sorry. Link too had an undescended testicle but everything turned out alright and went smoothly.

So what was the follow up like? Did he have to be reneutered?
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Yes, he had to be re-neutered. Basically, the day we got there I thought my vet was doing the surgery but they passed it along to the owner of the practice without me knowing (and I am not a fan of this guy) but loved my vet at the place so we continued to go there. Without knowing where the testicle was, and not doing a sonogram like I wanted them to, they sliced Nikolai open looked everywhere, couldn't find it so he "snipped" what he THOUGHT was the blood flow to the testicle and told us it would just shrivel up and die and that we would have a neutered male. Recently after that, thank god I'm observant, I still noticed he was acting very much like he was in tact. So I called the vet and talked to the guy and he told me no, that could never happen and that he was neutered. In the meantime I took him to another vet to get a blood test done to see if there was testosterone in his system, and of course he had the exact amount of one still functioning. So after yelling at these people for cutting my dog open and it not be neutered, they offered to do it for free. But I didn't trust these people anymore what so ever, so we had it done at a different place and low and behold his testicle was exactly where it should have been it was just small. I just hate that they cut him open, it was completely unnecessary surgery, and they cut something that we still have no idea what it was.  So anything I see around his penis, freaks me out now! but luckily the second surgery went great, and he healed up nice and quick. As bad as the situation was though, we got out of it just as lucky as we could of in the end without another major surgery.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Whoa, Erica that sounds so intense, sorry. Even considering how minor a surgery neutering is it is still scarey and was for me very emotional going through it with Link, I can't imagine your fiasco. I would have been a mess.

I'm glad that it worked out well in the end for you and your dog.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:15 pm

yes, it definitely did. I know, you had it hard, I can't imagine leaving either one of mine any where away from me for 24 hours. I would be close to an emotional breakdown! hahaha. I've just never had for surgeries to or chosen to be away from mine just cause I don't trust anyone with them.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:18 pm

it was the first night away from him in 4 months, and the vet is about, oh....7 blocks away too! I was tempted to break in in the middle of the night with some treats and his toy squirrel and his beanbag and just lay with him. Lil buddy Smile
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:20 pm

hahaha. I'm sure it was 7 blocks to far. I'm sure he was over joyed to be home after that!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:21 pm

he sure was, and he went right to his beanbag and we gave him a raw bone and he melted my heart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: post-neuter green, runny poop.    post-neuter green, runny poop.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

post-neuter green, runny poop.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2