It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Seat Covers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:46 am

Seat Covers? 20130623_135619_zpsc1e2fa92

Does anyone have a recommendation for awesome seat covers for cars? No matter what I try to keep them off my seats, this tends to happen, and he is even seat belted in. I don't care about the hair or anything like that, I would just prefer to keep there muddy paws off my black seats cause it is not easy to clean after that. I've probably tried like 5 brands, and none of them stay put the second the dogs jump in my car. For awhile I just gave up and accepted it, but I just had to steam my seats the other day and would love to keep them nice for longer than a minute.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:54 am

Hahaha, I don't have any suggestions really, but that picture is hilarious.

I'm pretty sure I have the one you have, but I have it in the back of my Escape and Pippa usually leaves it alone.

I know there are ones that connect to the back of the seats in front and the front of the seats in the backseat. If that made any sense. That might help some?
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:56 am

I just use an old fitted sheet for a bed, and cram it into every crevice around the seat. Seems to work pretty well. Even if you have to buy a fitted sheet, they aren't anymore then 5 to 10 bucks. You could even try one of those fitted mattress covers for bed wetters. I'd put that under the fitted sheet, so the mud from their paws doesn't soak through.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:00 pm

katiesham wrote:
Hahaha, I don't have any suggestions really, but that picture is hilarious.

I'm pretty sure I have the one you have, but I have it in the back of my Escape and Pippa usually leaves it alone.

I know there are ones that connect to the back of the seats in front and the front of the seats in the backseat. If that made any sense. That might help some?

Yeah, I have one of the bucket ones too (that is being washed currently) I don't know what they do back there but for some reason getting underneath the cover is just the best game on earth.

But the fitted sheet is an awesome idea! And like you said as long as I can shove it in every possible crevice it should work. I cannot believe I've tired everything but that. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:03 pm

That is a great idea! I've had Pippa in the backseat the last week weeks because I can't open the hatch on my car with the bike rack on, so a fitted sheet to catch the drool and dust would be great!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:25 pm

I used to use a sheet and comforter for mine. The sheet is the first layer that I'd tuck around the corners and etc. Then the comforter makes a nice pillow top. However, this grew old quickly. I use the bench seat in the back of my mustang. The sheet would always fall down in the back (no matter how far I tucked it in). I even gave it some slack so it wouldn't happen as often. The bottom of the seat is still covered, but dirt still gets under it because the back of the seat is exposed.

I take the dogs in my car every Saturday. I use this : http://www.kurgostore.com/dog-travel/kurgo-bench-seat-cover/ it's a canvas material that is very durable. It has a lot of adjustable straps and fittings.

It has a strap that you can buckle behind the seats (fold them down and then buckle the strap). I wish I could take a pic but I'm at work and I took it out lol. It also has straps that attach to the headrest. It's adjustable too, so you can tighten if needed. It's slightly big for my mustang, but I tuck the corners and make it work. I put the sheet on the floor now. I also have black leather and it shows everything lol.

I'm really anal about my car. It still looks brand new like the first day I got it two yrs ago. I bet you wouldn't be able to find any husky hair or claw marks on mine! You can save a few bucks and find this on amazon or ebay.

Btw, I still have to vacuum out hair and dirt, but at least it's not touching the leather seats.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:29 pm

Yeah, that looks nice, plus the sheet should work. Had I ever known that I was getting huskies, a car with black cloth seats NEVER would of been my choice! Yeah I don't mind the hair and the dirt, its just when the dirt that gets ground in the cloth, and where my parents paid for a huge portion of the car, when I go home and visit they are not pleased with the way it looks! Haha.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:33 pm

siku&nikolai wrote:
Yeah, that looks nice, plus the sheet should work. Had I ever known that I was getting huskies, a car with black cloth seats NEVER would of been my choice! Yeah I don't mind the hair and the dirt, its just when the dirt that gets ground in the cloth, and where my parents paid for a huge portion of the car, when I go home and visit they are not pleased with the way it looks! Haha.

Lol! I did use the sheet idea for about a year before I finally caved. It took two dogs to make me want to do it. Lol. It stays put though and I don't ha e any issues! Good luck with whatever you do!
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:36 pm

[/quote] Lol! I did use the sheet idea for about a year before I finally caved. It took two dogs to make me want to do it. Lol. It stays put though and I don't ha e any issues! Good luck with whatever you do! [/quote]

Do your dogs really move around back there with this seat cover or once they are in do they stay put? Mine are buckled but they move around a little bit, switch spots, occasionally fight, anything you can think of they do back there while driving they do.
Back to top Go down
kogapupup
Newborn
Newborn
kogapupup

Female Join date : 2013-05-24

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:07 pm

We use that same cover and Koga does fine with it. Maybe put a tarp under it? For my front seat I picked up one of these. Maybe the auto hammock would work better?
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Omg that picture lol!

Dog hair and mud ARE my seat covers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Lol! I did use the sheet idea for about a year before I finally caved. It took two dogs to make me want to do it. Lol. It stays put though and I don't ha e any issues! Good luck with whatever you do! [/quote]

Do your dogs really move around back there with this seat cover or once they are in do they stay put? Mine are buckled but they move around a little bit, switch spots, occasionally fight, anything you can think of they do back there while driving they do. [/quote]

Yes, they have free roam (not much). I used to buckle her in, but she chewed through my damn seat belt!! So, lol I have to buy a new one. It doesn't shift around though.
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Like many have said, I use a fitted seat. It works much better than anything I've been able to buy for the back seat. I cram as much of the sheet I can behind the seat rests, push them down. I cram some in the bottom of the seat where your tailbone typically is and then around the side of the seats. This works much better for me than anything I've found. Then they're pretty easy to take out and roll up without getting hair/mud everywhere when you want to wash them.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 am

darbear wrote:
Like many have said, I use a fitted seat. It works much better than anything I've been able to buy for the back seat. I cram as much of the sheet I can behind the seat rests, push them down. I cram some in the bottom of the seat where your tailbone typically is and then around the side of the seats. This works much better for me than anything I've found. Then they're pretty easy to take out and roll up without getting hair/mud everywhere when you want to wash them.

Thanks everyone! I am just still in amazement that I have thought of everything but a sheet, apparently that is like the worlds best kept secret! Haha.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:56 am

I LOVE this picture. I have a flat cargo area but the cover in the picture seems to be what I have and that is what I use. We have not had a long vacation style trip yet but when we do I think the sheet will also be used. I think you should use the cover shown attached as it is supposed to and then put the fitted sheet on top. Then the canvas will protect the mud, etc and the sheet will possibly stay in place. Plus you could look into those sheet clips [ they are little elatic pieces with clips on them almost like bungee]. These could secure the sheet more at the fitted corners.

simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:57 pm

That is hilarious! I have one of those as seen on TV car covers I picked up at Ross for like $10. It works for my needs. Mishka did chew a small hole in it once, but he hasn't touched it since. I like it because it's waterproof so if he's soaking wet, I can load him up in my back seat and it won't soak into my (cloth) seats.

Sponsored content

Seat Covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Covers?   Seat Covers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Seat Covers?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1