It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today Empty
PostSubject: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 1:42 am

"You gunna breed him?".

First of all: HELL NO He hasn't had his health tests, and even if he did I wouldn't breed him unless i knew for sure the pups are a GOOD addition to the breed, I want to improve it not tear it down.

Also this kid (although he was probly my age) was just... I don't think he would be a good home for a husky, he did not look like he could handle one, I understand looks arn't everything but if i EVER became a breeder (which i may never and probly never will without apprenticing under a reputable one) I wouldn't sell without home checks, job checks (yes I'm serious) and the dogs wouldn't be sold without health checks,vaccinations, microchipping.

I just would never consider breeding him unless i had a lot of things fall into place, I'm still hunting down his breeder to see if he has papers or no for God's sake >.<' Some people just, umg.
Back to top Go down
Lynn.Karpati
Puppy
Puppy
Lynn.Karpati

Female Join date : 2013-06-25

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:03 am

Yeah it's frustrating how some people just don't get it. They will buy the cheapest dog out there just to save money but what they end up getting is a dog from a backyard breeder with loads of health problems. Or they just want huskies because they are beautiful dogs but don't even read or watch videos about how they are. Good for you for being responsible! Very Happy 

Every time I see people in a petstore looking at huskies I tell them ALL about them haha.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:31 am

I used to get that a lot with my first male- my black and white.  He was our pet and I had him neutered when he was a pup so it was really a non-issue subject LOL.  He has papers, but he was a puppy mill dog and has some flaws that, though I didn't see back then, I do see now and thank God I didn't think to breed him.  Still love that dog to death, he runs on my team, and we weight pull with him....but breeding would not have been a good decision.

I still get it to a more limited extent with my intact male- after I got his OFA back and his CERF, I did have some people contact me to breed to him...but they were not kennels I'd feel comfortable breeding to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Well yes, and If I'm going to breed I want all nessicary health checks done, my husband said even if we do end up breeding (highly unlikely a lot of time and money) if the dog is even a carrier: NO!, I love Lucifer, but I am not going to breed him at all more than likely. I love my dog, i would love to see what sort of offspring he'd have but I know it's not the best for me or him right now, hell for all I know he's a conformational train wreck, so yeah I'd rather let a reputable breeder SELL me a good pup rather thn attempt to breed m own and end up with a train wreck.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 1:14 pm

i have had people stop there cars and ask us if we were breeding them, not even knowing if they were male and female! people drive me crazy! and i cant help but to rant when they ask that.

Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Yeah, I mean i bred two litters of hamsters that was enough fun >.< i cant imagine 12 or more pups underfoot my god >.<
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Yeah, I've had the same question asked many times too. Usually by strangers. They will stop us on our walks and ask if we were planning on breeding them. I gladly reply "their both fixed"!! Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:40 pm

I am happy to reply to those people that all my dogs are fixed. Usually shuts them up quick enough.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:43 pm

I wish that shut them up here I get the "But why you could have made so much money?" So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today 1625187496 
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:49 pm

eander83 wrote:
I wish that shut them up here I get the "But why you could have made so much money?" So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today 1625187496 

I did have one lady chew me out one day literally calling me insults and throwing names at me because she wanted to breed her daughter's dog to Yuki and I told her Yuki was fixed. After the barrage of insults and names, she then proceeded to list the reasons of why I was such a moron, most of them being a typical BYB's reasoning. I don't even know what type of dog her daughter's dog was, and this lady chose to waste 20 minutes of our lives arguing over something that wasn't worth arguing. Ah well, I guess people have nothing better to do with their time.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:11 pm

People just don't get it!! So many animals in shelters, dying everyday because of irresponsible owners...and all they care about is money!!! ugh, this is an ugly money hungry world.
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Yup, so our next husky is going to be a rescue more than likely. Lucifer was and I love him to itty bitty bits. If i buy from a breeder it's more than likely ill try a few shows but otherwise pets. I'm actually waiting to be in a better situation where i can snatch a husky/mix from the shelter =3. Thi one HAS to connect to me the hubs and Luci, I refuse to get two incompatable dogs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today   So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today Empty

Back to top Go down

So I had the most hate question among husky owners asked today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1