|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
13 week old puppy low appetite
Join date : 2013-05-20
Location : Vermont
|Subject: 13 week old puppy low appetite Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:50 am|| |
We've had our little man for 6 weeks now. He's 13 weeks old and always was super excited for meal time until the last week or so. We're wondering if it's because of the heat wave we've been having. Should we just keep trying to get him to eat his dry food (we're using Blue Buffalo) and he'll eat when he's hungry or should we try mixing it with some wet food, maybe? Since we've had him he's always had dry food, we've never given him wet food. He has the 'mini' milkbones each time he does his business outside, but nothing excessive to where he's eating so many treats he would be full from them.
And on a side note, his activity level and happiness hasn't decreased, just as happy and playful as always!
Join date : 2012-10-30
Location : Mississippi
|Subject: Re: 13 week old puppy low appetite Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:59 am|| |
Dragon my 8 month old is doing the same thing.. and he's been eating Taste of the Wild like its going out of business for a few months. Is his poop solid? He could be afraid it will upset his stomach.. We had to switch Dragon off Blue Buffalo because it was not working for him and his bowel movements. He has done great with TOTW until recently.
Join date : 2012-08-29
Location : Ohio
|Subject: Re: 13 week old puppy low appetite Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:08 pm|| |
- @dragonthewhitedread wrote:
- Dragon my 8 month old is doing the same thing.. and he's been eating Taste of the Wild like its going out of business for a few months. Is his poop solid? He could be afraid it will upset his stomach.. We had to switch Dragon off Blue Buffalo because it was not working for him and his bowel movements. He has done great with TOTW until recently.
I had the same problem with mine. Cloud had lack of appetite and bad stools and Yuki had horrid runny stools and eye boogers on BB but as soon as we switched to TOTW they eat like there's no tomorrow. Link was on Pedigree when I got him and he actually turned his nose up to TOTW at first, my guess is because it didn't have all the added stuff that Pedigree had, but after a couple weeks he was actually eager to eat it. They've been on TOTW since they were 4 months, 6 months, and 16 months and they are now 11, 15, and 17 months and have not had issues since switching. The only thing I warn about is switching flavors as Yuki does excellent on the Pacific Stream flavor but cannot tolerate the chicken in the High Prairie flavor, where as the boys are both on High Prairie and do great on it. So it could just be an ingredient in the food. Yuki couldn't tolerate BB because of the chicken in it as well, still don't know why Cloud did bad on it though.
Join date : 2013-01-17
Location : Massachusetts
|Subject: Re: 13 week old puppy low appetite Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:25 pm|| |
If his stools are fine you could try giving him some wet food mixed in with the dry. Sometimes I have to do that with mine when she decides to go too long without eating anything because she will vomit bile. If his stools aren't great, I would recommend changing his food....Selena's tummy couldn't handle the richness of BB either, but now does excellent on Wellness Core. This heat wave definitely does not help though, it could very well be the cause of it. I think the last time my pup ate was yesterday morning!
|Subject: Re: 13 week old puppy low appetite || |
13 week old puppy low appetite
|» Thinking of getting Kjaere groomed because of pad fur.|
by glorth2 Today at 3:59 pm
» GPS Collars, do you use them? Do you like them?
by bjlasota Today at 2:47 pm
» Yep, it had to be a Husky
by Lostmaniac Today at 2:23 pm
» Steps or Ramp...
by aljones Today at 1:21 pm
» Recall Information
by aljones Today at 1:16 pm
» Seresto warning that should be a recall
by Lostmaniac Yesterday at 6:32 pm
» The Desert Pack
by Lostmaniac Yesterday at 11:13 am
» Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family
by amymeme Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:46 pm
» Miscellaneous quote that tickled my fancy...
by TwisterII Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:03 pm
» Buying in bulk???
by Nats1mom Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:33 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by amymeme Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:26 pm
» Re-homing From Reputable Breeders
by mav1016 Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:48 pm
» Empty your mouth and put down any beverage you maybe drinking
by RedFlashFire05 Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:23 pm
» Annnddd... Another husky gets a date with fire and rescue ????
by Liv_Skye Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:27 pm
» Husky Energy!!
by Lostmaniac Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 pm
» Apollo Scrap book
by Liv_Skye Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:50 pm
» Help us name our husky!
by Liv_Skye Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 pm
» Hi! I hope we are welcome :)
by bellalove656 Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:51 pm
» Ami! You're FAT!!!
by jbealer Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:29 pm
» Cancer vaccine attn ppl in colo cali and Wisconsin
by jbealer Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:09 pm