It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

orange watery stool, some vomiting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

Male Join date : 2013-07-08

orange watery stool, some vomiting Empty
PostSubject: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:59 am

Im concerned for my puppy, she'll be 8 weeks this friday, and she is not feeling well right now. she has like a orangeish, light tan stool. its very watery. and since 3 am last night (its currently 8am) she has threw up twice. shes still trying to run around and play, hasnt really acted any different and she is drinking a little bit of water.

we are in the motion of weaning her food from like purina puppy to totw puppy pacific stream. we stop giving her treats yesterday morning...although she has ate much of anything since yesterday morning.

i am taking her to the vet later today, but trying to get some insight as of right now and maybe ease my mind
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:08 am

I have no idea but I hope everything is ok Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:09 am

This probably won't help, but I would be really worried in your situation, but I'll admit I tend to overreact when it comes to my puppy. I would get her into the vet asap and not wait a few hours. With a puppy that young, a few hours could make a huge difference, they can deteriorate very quickly. If it was just diarrhea or just vomiting, I would be less worried, but if she's doing both it could be a sign of something really serious. Also, she will become dehydrated very quickly, and puppies can't regulate their body temperature as well as adult dogs. If it is something serious, the sooner you get her in to see your vet, the more likely she is to survive it. Of course, parvo is the first thing to come to mind, I'm not saying I think she has it, but the risk is there for a puppy her age and the sooner you get her on supportive care the better! I'm sorry, I probably just jacked up your worry to a level 10, but vomiting and diarrhea in a puppy that little can become life threatening pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:11 am

Also, I would recommend taking her temp. You can do it with a thermometer in her armpit and just add about a degree to get a good estimation. That could help ease your mind if she doesn't have a fever.
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:12 am

Maybe put some pedialyte in her water until you can get her to the vet to keep her from becoming to dehydrated
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:31 am

I guess the girlfriend at home (im at work) said she is drinking lots of water and is very happy and playful (shes trying to get her to relax....lol....) the vomit is 5 hours a part, if it was any closer i would be more concerned. ill be leaving work to take her in at 1. my main concern in just the odd color stool. and thanks to everyone for input
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:46 am

I would guess its orange because the totw pacific stream is orangish. I had a heck of a time finding something that worked for Dizzy, and that was one of the foods I tried. He had orange diarrhea too, but never vomited. I think it was just too rich for his system, I ended up putting him on a food with a lower protein content and finally he is solid!
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:54 am

wpskier222 wrote:
I would guess its orange because the totw pacific stream is orangish. I had a heck of a time finding something that worked for Dizzy, and that was one of the foods I tried. He had orange diarrhea too, but never vomited. I think it was just too rich for his system, I ended up putting him on a food with a lower protein content and finally he is solid!

she is use to some purina puppy, (cant remember just now its was cheap and had a bunch of fillers) what did you end up going with? if totw was to rich?
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:04 am

The only thing that doesn't give him the runs of all the high quality foods I tried is Merrick Lamb, brown rice & apple. I think it was the high protein content of totw that got to him. The Merrick is 25% protein whereas the totw is 32%. I would like to get him on a grain free food eventually, and will stick with the Merrick brand, but I will keep him on this for a while. It's really nice not having to pick up diarrhea off the sidewalk. Training has been difficult because everything gives him diarrhea, but I found that nature's balance dog food rolls (look like summer sausage) work okay and don't upset his stomach, he also happens to love them. His nickname was squirt for quite a long time.
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:16 am

totw being to rich and upsetting her stomach does completely make sense consider she is use to a low protein diet and she keeps trying to steel the girl friends' dog's food which is another low protein with fillers type food, maybe that is her way of saying the totw is too much.

lucky she stays off the sidewalk for her bathroom breaks, she really doesnt like the cement to even walk on. and yea the training treats i got her were the first to upset her stomach but not as bad as what it is now.. so we have a really light training sessions with more praise then treat , which seems to be doing okay... now if i could just get her bite inhibition down lol...
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:18 am

Ha! Yeah I'm still working on that one too. Smile
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 am

how old is dizzy?
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 am

He will be 19 weeks this Friday.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:40 am

If he's still drinking water and isn't acting lethargic, I wouldn't be too concerned. Definitely still go to the vet, because it could be worms or something. But I would guess it's likely that the food is the main culprit.

Hope he feels better, and let us know how the appointment goes!
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:59 am

aww i bet hes a load of fun at the age! i cant wait till rikku gets a little bit older so she can start going on walks (or at least longer then 5-10 min) and can go to dog parks and what not. although she is a cute little fluff ball at the moment, i will be getting her a scrap book going here soon so i can show her off Wink

and yea its really starting to sound like the food, which puts ease to my mind! and i will most def let everyone know how the vet goes
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:44 pm

It's sounds like giardia to me. When my pup had it, she was still playing and eating (actually wanting more than usual) but she had very watery/mucusy poop that was light tan. Instead of taking her to the vet, I would just drop off a stool sample . That way you don't have to pay the exam fee. If she is acting normal them she doesn't need an exam.

Giardia is very hard to get rid of! No matter what her problem is, it doesn't hurt to deworm her and start adding probiotics to her food.  Make sure to buy some safeguard from petco or panacur c from 1800petmeds.com and some probiotics for dogs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:09 pm

alright just got back from the vets a little bit ago, she is in good shape 10 lbs at 7.5 weeks (and thats with out eating for a day and a half with diarrhea...lol) she did have a parasite however; coccidia. but we caught it very early and it should give no trouble at all. just gave her some chicken and rice and she scarfed it down before i could even get back up, so i guess the appetite is back...thanks for the help everyone!
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:25 pm

oh, good!! Glad to hear that everything went well and that you were able to catch it early enough.
My Karma had Giardia and coccidia. Apparently most dogs do get it. We were able to treat it with medication, and now she's fine!!

But I'm happy to hear she is happy and back to normal!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: orange watery stool, some vomiting   orange watery stool, some vomiting Empty

Back to top Go down

orange watery stool, some vomiting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1