It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My father's day gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

My father's day gift Empty
PostSubject: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Got a seely slider with foot treads from http://www.affordabledogsleds.com/slider.htm from the wife.
Here is Loki inspecting the pieces.
My father's day gift 20130712_172508_zpsc1093e14

Loki giving his approval.
My father's day gift 20130712_173019_zps491e7da1
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Loki trying on his new harness.
My father's day gift 20130805_093944_zpse828fa08
My father's day gift 20130805_094048_zps92ac3198
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:49 pm

I just got a harness from Alpine too! Same color and everything. I received mine on Sat. They had about a 4 week turnaround. They ship in batches. I get my walky-dog bike attachment tomorrow. I won't be running Juneau til the weather cools off. I just wanna see if she knows what she's supposed to do. Smile

That's a great father's day gift! I love the sled too. Too bad it doesn't snow here. lol

I've been dog sledding in Canada with an 8-team dog sled! It was a lot of fun. You'll like it.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Love the harness! I've been debating between the x-back and the urban trail harness.

Jackie, I'd love to hear what you think of the Walky Dog/x-back combo. I have Pippa using just a generic harness from Petsmart when we bike right now, but I'd love to her her something nicer.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:54 pm

katiesham wrote:
Love the harness! I've been debating between the x-back and the urban trail harness.

Jackie, I'd love to hear what you think of the Walky Dog/x-back combo. I have Pippa using just a generic harness from Petsmart when we bike right now, but I'd love to her her something nicer.

I'll totally let you know! There's a guy on this forum that made a youtube video with his two huskies on the walky dogs with urban trail harnesses. Let me find it for you!

FWIW, I've read reviews of the Walky Dog on Amazon and that's what sold me. I also bought a bungee cord for some more running room. We'll see! I have a GoPro, so I'll try to make a video of it.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Love the harness too! I have been meaning to measure the dogs for their x backs before alpine gets busy. Did you buy the belly band or is that what it looks like attached to the harness?
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:18 pm

VintageJeans wrote:

katiesham wrote:

I'll totally let you know!  There's a guy on this forum that made a youtube video with his two huskies on the walky dogs with urban trail harnesses.  Let me find it for you!

FWIW, I've read reviews of the Walky Dog on Amazon and that's what sold me.  I also bought a bungee cord for some more running room.  We'll see!  I have a GoPro, so I'll try to make a video of it.

Edit: Found it! Check this out: https://www.itsahuskything.com/t8978-review-alpine-outfitters-urban-trail-harness-custom
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:37 pm

siku&nikolai wrote:
Love the harness too! I have been meaning to measure the dogs for their x backs before alpine gets busy. Did you buy the belly band or is that what it looks like attached to the harness?

He bought the belly band. I have one too. It's optional to wear it or not.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:05 pm

got the sled together yet? would love to know if it was a PIA to do or not. what a great gift, did the wife take out extra insurance on you to lol! 

cant wait to see how it goes.

Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:11 pm

siku&nikolai wrote:

You can see the belly band in the first picture.
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:22 pm

jbealer wrote:
got the sled together yet? would love to know if it was a PIA to do or not. what a great gift, did the wife take out extra insurance on you to lol! 

cant wait to see how it goes.

Just about done. Having issues with one of the carriage bolts on one of the skis can't get the bolt tightened with the 45 degree metal. You'll need a second person to attach the ski to the front cross member....lol no the wife didn't take out extra insurance on me. She did have a moment where she wanted to tell me "I told you so" when I got some road rash from Loki.
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:26 pm

katiesham wrote:

I just sold my urban trail harness to get the x-back. I think if you're just going to do bikejoring go with the urban trail.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks for the I put! That's all we can do for the time being.

I read someone hates using the x-back for biking, so that was kind of deterring me. I think I'll end up getting the urban trail with the d-rings on the side.

Thanks guys! And sorry to hijack the thread!
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:09 pm

It's finally complete. Smile
My father's day gift 20131010_113351_zpsdcc8ca83
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:19 pm

oh just in time for winter!! dont forget to post when you go out on it!!!!

Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:21 pm

katiesham wrote:
Thanks for the I put! That's all we can do for the time being.

I read someone hates using the x-back for biking, so that was kind of deterring me. I think I'll end up getting the urban trail with the d-rings on the side.

Thanks guys! And sorry to hijack the thread!
Hi-jacking too - Now that Link pulls in front I have an x-back for him which works great but I no longer use my Walky Dog, so I gave it to Abby. She has the alpine x-backs and said that it didn't work very well with the Walky Dog and that she had a hard time getting the girls to pull. So if you plan on using the Walky Dog every time you go biking, I would definitely suggest the urban trail harness.

Back on the original note, that sled is awesome!! I kind of want to get something like that, my co-workers and I were joking about having Link give kids rides this year on a little sled when it starts snowing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:54 pm

jbealer wrote:
oh just in time for winter!! dont forget to post when you go out on it!!!!
Will do.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Looks great.. I was thinking we need to get one but... hubby said we don't know anything about using one.. oh well I guess it won't happen.. I was thinking it would be fun to have one and work with it on our meetups letting everyone's dogs try it out..
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Thank you Linda. Look at the videos on their website. http://www.affordabledogsleds.com/videos.htm
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Jason, I forgot you're in SE Michigan. Where are you planning on sledding?
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Sara, probably round my neighborhood no way to transport the sled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My father's day gift   My father's day gift Empty

Back to top Go down

My father's day gift

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1