It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikkan77
Newborn
Newborn
mikkan77

Female Join date : 2010-08-30

Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? Empty
PostSubject: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:55 am

Hey all,

I was wondering if you had any recommendations for a good lifejacket and/or seatbelt harness system? Or what you use to keep your Sibe safe while on car rides Wink
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:34 pm

I will not lie, Jack jumps all over the car and i wish i had something to strain him but have not gotten anything yet, sierra lays on the ground and you don't hear from her the whole car ride.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:48 pm

I would check out anything by Ruff Wear/Rider or Kurgo. Good brands Smile I don't have any experience with them myself, but I have heard great things Smile

Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? Hailey10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:21 pm

KURGO!!! I just got a brand new car and was set on getting everything I needed to get Koda situated in it and keep it hair free as possible with cover ups. I have their cargo cover, backseat hammock, zipline, seatbelt harness, dog bed.. I love them! I haven't used anything for the backseats as I've left it with the seats down while Koda blows his coat, but here he is with his seatbelt harness (the little thing around the seatbelt strap is included with the harness), dog bed, and cargo cover, don't mind the stupidity of the fact that the clip is on his collar and not the harness.. I wanted a quick picture and then throw him out of the car haha, I was rushing in excitement:

Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? 47397_1592950871958_1481501051_1537056_6350566_n

Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? 47443_1592950511949_1481501051_1537055_3917580_n

Last edited by Heatherlee on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikkan77
Newborn
Newborn
mikkan77

Female Join date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:34 pm

That looks awesome! I will definitely look into ordering that system Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:36 pm

Good deal! The prices aren't too terrible either in comparison to other brands that aren't as good!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:30 am

that kurgo stuff looks awesome Very Happy
i use the ezydog harness with the car clip that it came with and embry just travels in the boot of our jeep with the dog barrier Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

Male Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:50 am

We usually just have Loki curl up in the floor area of the passenger seat. He fits perfectly, is down out of the way of anything that might hurt him and can't get to anywhere where he might be a distraction. Plus it gives him that "den" feeling that I think calms him down really well. It might not be the safest way for him to ride in the car, but it's better than letting him hang half his body out of the window and when we've tried to tether him in the car before he always freaks out about it. I think I have a cruddy cell phone picture of it somewhere...Here. He's wet cause we're coming home from the lake:

Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? Loki_s10
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:49 pm

We bought Nikolai a Canine Seat Belt System from USA K9 Champion... it's fabulous.
Here's the link
Back to top Go down
SiberianServiceDog
Newborn
Newborn
SiberianServiceDog

Female Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm

I recommend checking out the life jackets by Ruffwear http://www.ruffwear.com/dog_life_jackets I have been using Ruffwear products since I got my first guide dog in 2000 (I'm actually still using the collapsable water bowl I got from them in Aug. 2000! It hasn't leaked since, and I carry it everywhere with me. I also have the Approach Pack and they make really good quality stuff that lasts.

As far as seatbelt, I can't really recommend any because Duke just travels at my feet. I guess you would have to figure out just how much freedom your dog should have and narrow it down from there...

Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? 51519411

Last edited by SiberianServiceDog on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the photo wasn't showing up)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildkat.ca/blog

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:52 am

Ah, I second Ruffwear for lifejacket! I didn't notice that part of this post as I was too stoked on all my car stuff. I have nearly all their products and LOVE them! Their products are very pricey compared to tohers, but there's a reason for it, the quality of their products is unmatchable!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?   Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any recommendations for a good lifejacket/seatbelt brand?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1