It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Rant about people "breeding"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

people - Rant about people "breeding" Empty
PostSubject: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:37 am

So, I joined a group on FB for sibe owners, and seriously within a day or two I just see a mess. Already there are people asking questions about their dog that indicate they plan to breed and I can't help but be sooo frustrated with the lack of education these people have. I just... Grrr! Does anyone else get frustrated like this? People say "well it isn't really anyone's business" but it kind of is. If you truly love the dogs why would you sit idly by while a person tried to breed their adopted siberian husky? ARGGGGHHH.
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:47 am

Ever since I started REALLY looking into getting a pup and what a reputable/ ethical breeder is, I've become so hyper aware of people unnecessarily breeding or having accidental pregnancies. I went on a 10 minute rant today about all the programs Maine offers for spaying/neutering animals after someone told me that their PITBULL had a litter. Yes, we need more pits in the shelters. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite bc I am getting a dog from a breeder, but holy cow...WHY people!?
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:58 am

LOL!! Are you on Siberian Husky Owners??! That page is awful for it.

It pisses me off to no end. If you post it on the internet, it's everyone's and their dog's business. Don't want opinions, don't post it. Plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:03 am

OMG, yes Kelsey. I feel like I am going to EXPLODE. I haven't told the girl not to breed only asked her questions about what her goals were and she is all sorts of defensive. I did make a comment I probably shouldn't have (I did comment "....you look too young to be talking about breeding") but she honestly looks like she is 18.

*breathe*. Ugh. If you are on there still you should look....It's the question about how to take care of a dog's blood while in heat...
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:12 am

At least they're making on effort on that page to cut down on the selling and other BS. There are some others and its just like stepping into another dimension. This girl FOUND this GSD, her vet told her "he is the most gorgeous GSD he's ever seen" and it would be fine to breed him when he's better. So she takes to this group and asks for opinions on the matter. I was the ONLY ONE who said no. And the. Everyone jumped down my throat. Uh- I'm sorry. SHE FOUND THIS DOG. Not to mention the health and temperament issues with the breed...!!! I just can't look at them anymore. I get so worked up.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:15 am

That was one of my main rules when I started my Ohio group (and glad H2M2 was on board with this as well when we merged with them) was absolutely no advertising or talking about breeding. We educate breed awareness and try to point people in the right direction of responsible breeders, although we aren't always successful. Makes me mad when people get defensive when you're just trying to educate them.
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:19 am

This girl I work with was telling me she breeds english bulldogs and has made up to $18k off one litter... I asked her how in the world she made that if she was getting health tests done and she looked at me like I had 2 heads. Did I mention she's 22...

Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:23 am

Just makes me sick, really does. Sad I haven't been this heated in a while... maybe it's the excessive meds I am on for my tooth ache but I am sooooo upset by this.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:37 am

CavingSiberian wrote:
OMG, yes Kelsey. I feel like I am going to EXPLODE. I haven't told the girl not to breed only asked her questions about what her goals were and she is all sorts of defensive. I did make a comment I probably shouldn't have (I did comment "....you look too young to be talking about breeding") but she honestly looks like she is 18.

*breathe*. Ugh. If you are on there still you should look....It's the question about how to take care of a dog's blood while in heat...

LOL girl, I'm Kelsey Dixon!!!
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:41 am

Ha ha! You made some good comments there. Smile I love how they just assumed you were a breeder..... Sheesh
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:51 am

Of course I'm a breeder! If I have a dog, that makes me a breeder in their ignorant eyes.

That group has DEFINITELY come along ways Kristina, you are so right there. I left awhile ago because I just couldn't stand it anymore. I joined after Melissa messaged me saying she was an admin.

That Sondergold breeder makes me want to VOMIT! I hate all of the unethical kennels on there that are advertising their nasty dogs. Don't get me wrong, being in standard does not make a dog beautiful to me. But when an outrageously out of standard dog is being paraded around as the best thing since sliced bread, the only thing I can say....is yuck.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:58 am

Also, I think it's so funny how all of us from the forum stick together LOL!!
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:17 am

Ha ha, yeah. It was nice to see everyone on the forum there. I really feel sorry for those huskies that they are going to breed.... Ugh. Sad
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:24 am

Feel free to join the group I mod, that Lani created. It's called Siberian Huskies - For the Love of the Breed

You must have been Nicole Marie?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:01 am

Yep, that's me! Smile I'll look it up.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:55 am

Yes it is frustrating but you cannot change the fact that too many people "breed" that definately shouldn´t.
All they know is that the one dog needs to jump on another Very Happy, they donßt realize that this is not breeding.
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:38 am

I think the problem is money. Breeders who pay attention to genetics and breed to improve the quality of the line and also take care of the necessary medical and health issues earn there money. Others see only dogs have puppies, puppies get sold, cha-ching. My Maya was sold by a BYB to a BYB who sold her after her first litter to someone who also thought about breeding her. She is a nice dog and a great companion but not what I would consider the "picture of the ideal" Husky.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:02 am

It is frustrating. I joined a group for "Michigan Siberian Husky Lovers" that I came across while cruising the pet section of Craigslist. That should have been my first clue...

That lasted about two days before I decided to leave the group!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:54 am

I mostly ignore the crap that comes over Siberian Husky Owners, however they were helpful when we got Shadow's diagnosis a couple weeks ago. It's so funny how the most ignorant people come on there about breeding and when one person questions it everyone else jumps on them. Learn how to spell and I might take you seriously...

On a side note Nicole, I saw your collage of Shaqua on my feed this morning before I saw it here, and I was all like "Shaqua!!". It's really cute Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

people - Rant about people "breeding" 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
heather.jane19
Puppy
Puppy
heather.jane19

Female Join date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:14 pm

mbarnard0429 wrote:
Feel free to join the group I mod, that Lani created. It's called Siberian Huskies - For the Love of the Breed

I joined! I'm not part of a Husky group on fb, just the raw feeding one that's just way too nazi-ish for me. I posted a thing about my problem I was having with Mila and what the vet said, asking what I should do and they didn't even approve it. Probably because it had the word "kibble" in it. Nazis!
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Ha ha, Meredith, you are so right about the spelling. I was just flabbergasted that they were so defensive to questions about why. If they were doing the responsible thing they would have answered the questions with at least an "I'm not sure yet, where can I start looking for that information". They say it isn't our business, but like Kelsey said, if you post it on a public forum that has respect and love for the breed it becomes everyone's business.

I'm glad you liked my collage. Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:14 pm

I get so tired of these people who don't care, don't research, and refuse to see the harm they are actually doing by breeding their pets. Its a constant argument in that group. I do appreciate that Marci and Melissa are trying to change to a more ethical breeding enforcement group....but there are times I wonder how effective it is when it just keeps popping up over and over and over again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant about people "breeding"   people - Rant about people "breeding" Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant about people "breeding"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1