It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ruff Wear FAIL :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Ruff Wear FAIL :( Empty
PostSubject: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Well im sad to report we had the death of 3 Ruff wear items yesterday. I do have a report in to Ruff Wear and i hope they fix the issue by replacing at least 2 of the items, the 3rd item Erica said she would replace.

so packing up the gear sat night for our sunday hike i always fill the dogs water containers, well i started with the RW ones and then my counter got really wet....
Ruff Wear FAIL :( DSCN2860
there was a HOLE!!! NOOOOOOOOO

Ruff Wear FAIL :( DSCN2951
this was the bladder leaking.

seems a crease formed and then cracked
Ruff Wear FAIL :( DSCN2953

no big deal i had back up.

then i Picked up Erica and Maggie and we head up to the mountain, at some point on the drive, miss Maggie did this
Ruff Wear FAIL :( DSCN2947
bye, bye to Jacks leash!

then i went to remove Sierra's pack from her harness and found this at the end of our hike.
Ruff Wear FAIL :( DSCN2949
Seems the stitching just came undone as there is no hole in the pack from where it was attached.

as you can see her pack is in general over all good shape
Ruff Wear FAIL :( DSCN2948
the pack and bladder came together and failed at the same time, not cool. this pack was also given to me Last June (2012) so just over a yr old.

im not really happy about it, but i hope Ruff Wear makes it all right again as in the past they have had good customer service, and thanks to BackcountryK9 having 20% off one item right now the leash will at least not be full price to replace.

i will keep you all updated.

Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Ah that stinks, how long did each item last before it broke?
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:57 pm

How do you store your bladders? Do you fold them up and put them away in the packs? Or do you store them in the packs and the packs or laying flat so the bladders don't crease?

Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:08 pm

The water packs that came with mine were actually leaking from the beginning, so they can't be all to sturdy. You have made me want to get mine replaced as well (as they have never been used), and I might get in contact with back country for that! But that sucks, that was one expensive hiking trip, hopefully things get fixed for you!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Aidan, if you read the post i have had them since 2012 and they all broke this weekend Sad

Claudia, i store the packs in a bag but the bladders i empty left over water out and blow air into them to puff them out and they site on top of the dogs crates like that between each trip, i never fold or roll them.

Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Blah, I didn't see that. >.>

Still sucks though, hopefully you can get replacements.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Do they replace leashes if the dog chews them. Cause koda already chewed through one and is half through a 2nd one. He did this to both of them in leas than 6 months.. He doesnt really bite leash on walks, its when i leave it on him around the house and i forget and he decides to chew on it. So its my fault lol.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Eric, that's not what their site says.....

Ruffwear Guarantee & Warranty

Ruffwear Guarantee

Ruffwear fully guarantees all of our gear against defects in materials and craftsmanship. (Please note, however, that this does not include chewing or normal wear and tear.)

Ruffwear Warranty

In the event that you do purchase Ruffwear gear with a defect in material or craftsmanship, please return the product to the original place of purchase for warranty assistance.

If you are unable to return an item at the original place of purchase, or if you have purchased the product from us directly, please fill out the information below:

Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:52 pm

That sucks! I got a knot-a-collar replaced by them. They have really good customer service. We only had her collar for 2 months though. It was sheared by it's own piece! Juneau didn't chew it.

Hope you get most of the stuff replaced for free! I know that stuff isn't cheap.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Bummer! I do have to point out that Bode and Jack's twin-ness continues! That is the same leash and color Bode has!
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 2:47 pm

my bored bad dog!! Anyway it would been great if ruff wear paid for at least doggie damage. I hope they will help pay for the other stuff.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:10 pm

We stick to Lupine leashes on slip leads now, white pine for collars, ruff wear for packs and now a few harnesses. The things I have on them all the time have to have warranties!! Thankfully, my two aren't heavy chewers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:26 pm

so RW responded to me and as hoped they will take care of everything.
i will be receiving 2 new water bladders
I was instructed to take the pack to a seamstress to have the clip stitched back on and they will pay for it as long as i show it fixed and the receipt.
as for the leash they sent me a gift card for $15 (half the cost of the replacement) and free shipping

they have yet to not disappoint me with their customer service!

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:03 pm

I guess you'll be giving the gift card to Erica so she can buy your replacement leash since that's why they sent it....

Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Oh wow, they sent a gift card for a replacement? nice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:46 pm

The weird thing is Maggie isn't a big chewer. I don't need a gift card. Smile that's awesome!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:00 pm

i went a head and ordered the new leash all ready with the GC code and free shipping code, it was just under $16, Erica can pay me back the next time i see her, after all i have her hat she left in the car Razz 
I will just remember next time to not have the leashes hooked to the zip line with her in the car! i think she ended up laying on top of his leash and every time he moved it pissed her off so she just chewed the damn thing so it would not bug her!

Puppy
Puppy
Lynn.Karpati

Female Join date : 2013-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:59 pm

I just got a ruffwear approach pack for Pongo. I hope that clasp doesn't break on our bag. The pack we have is much smaller though so maybe it won't have as much strain on it. Good to know about the water bladders! I'll probably end up getting the ones for humans at a sporting goods store lol. Thanks for the heads up though!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:39 pm

shoot i still need to get that pack fixed! to many back to back hikes to worry about getting it done, i hope its ok for this weekend....

and i forgot to update how fast the stuff came, i think i got the leash and bladders by fri or sat that week! great customer service.

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear FAIL :(   Ruff Wear FAIL :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruff Wear FAIL :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1