It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What's the worst your husky has done??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:25 pm

My lab assisted in training layla as a toddler to pick up. Loki is retraining her as a teenager. Loki has not got to destructive phase yet. Only a dvd case and tooth mark on kitchen table. But I know it is coming.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 pm

I forgot to include the $120.00 sunglasses and my husband's Halo Reach XBOX game.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Ruby (lab puppy)- chewed on corners of wall and a foot of a door jamb (yep son was "watching" her)
Balon--Black printer ink cartridge which he got all over himself and my rug and my couch, two fios remotes, set of measuring spoons, vacuum cleaner cord, tube of anti chew gel, now that one was funny!
Loki--vacuum cleaner cord (yep again), fios computer cable, at least 8 leashes, Balons collar (thank god it is lupine and was replaced, and then he chewed it again!) speaker cable, put a nice hole in the couch, chewed a hole in the rug, laptop charger, and well theres more.....
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:00 am

Thankfully Lycus hasn't been so bad. The most he's chewed has been some cables, his bed, and he goes nuts for our small fruit trees outside.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:31 am

We have a thread like this started all ready
Check it out
https://www.itsahuskything.com/t890-what-has-your-husky-eaten-lately

Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:50 pm

The only thing Nanook has destroyed is about 10 rolls of TP...if you leave the bathroom door open for even a second that dog runs in and steals the TP.
I guess I have been pretty lucky :-)
Back to top Go down
KCheshire
Puppy
Puppy
KCheshire

Female Join date : 2013-03-13

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:58 am

So far Loki has totalled a crate mat, any blankets either inside or on top of his crate, eaten the curtains WHILE in his crate which he pulled through the wires, and put a few scratches in my scratch-proof glasses (hah!)

What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 94219711

The other day when I tried to sleep in I woke up to him eating the covers I WAS STILL SLEEPING UNDER! There goes that electric blanket lol

Back to top Go down
GingerDog
Puppy
Puppy
GingerDog

Female Join date : 2013-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:43 pm

I love these threads, I think I posted Murphy's list in the other one
Back to top Go down
dracosmomma
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:37 am

You guys are making me nervous!! I haven't even brought my dog home yet and I am thinking twice about getting him!! My Aussie/Spitz mix is a chewer, but only when she is left alone. So I'm guessing if I crate my Husky when I leave the house, I shouldn't have any issues? Or is this just wishful thinking and I need to dog-proof my home? Now I'm freaking out about the Christmas Tree!! LOL
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Kingsley is 13 months old. When he was a tiny puppy, he wouldn't let us sleep past 7am. But that changed after he was 3 or 4 months old. Now he sleeps in until 11, sometimes 12.

Since then, he's only destroyed an iPhone charger and a Macbook pro charger. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Mishka has a pretty tame track record. He eats receipts/paper and will wrestle you for boxes. He ripped the weatherstripping off the front door when we left him inside with the door open and the screen door locked when we were working on wedding stuff. He also ripped the weatherproofing off part of the back door. He started to destroy 2 rugs, chewed the corner off of the floor molding in our foyer, scratched the cabinets in the kitchen and chewed a part of the bottom (there is something sticky/tasty on it that won't come off). He's also destroyed some socks and some of his toys, but other than that hasn't damaged anything major.

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:42 pm

simplify wrote:
Mishka has a pretty tame track record. He eats receipts/paper and will wrestle you for boxes. He ripped the weatherstripping off the front door when we left him inside with the door open and the screen door locked when we were working on wedding stuff. He also ripped the weatherproofing off part of the back door. He started to destroy 2 rugs, chewed the corner off of the floor molding in our foyer, scratched the cabinets in the kitchen and chewed a part of the bottom (there is something sticky/tasty on it that won't come off). He's also destroyed some socks and some of his toys, but other than that hasn't damaged anything major.
lol! That sounds major!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Haha. It's really not! Like there's no giant holes in my walls or sofa or anything expensive destroyed. I guess I consider that to be major. Lol.

The two rugs are Ross/Marshall's finds so they were less than $10.

Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Mine don't chew much *knocks on wood*
however, Ripley + slipped collar + 4 lanes of traffic. Nightmare. She scares me more than anything else if she manages to get out of the house. We're on my 5th heart attack or so. And we are CAREFUL. If we weren't she'd have died by now by sneaking out I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
JoJo'shuskies
Newborn
Newborn
JoJo'shuskies

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:32 pm

My 2 (Grace and Dakota) are 19 months old, and they eat everything! They have single handedly (or pawed) pulled up and eaten every shrub and plant in the yard. They have eaten more remote controls than can be counted. They LOVE to chew on their harnesses (Lupine in the BEST, they replace for free, no matter why or how often!) Every toy every bought, especially any the kids leave out. The back bumper of the car! An entire pan of brownies. An entire birthday cake.

These are just the one that come to the top of my head. It is a good thing they are so darn cute  lol! Laughing
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:54 am

It has been 3 months since I posted. The funniest thing Loki has ate in that time is lipstick as it was all over his mouth and paws (luckily happened outside). Every TV remote has a few chews marks in them but none were destroyed since he had a bad habit of grabbing them for a few weeks but is pretty good at drop it. I think he is out of that mode now. Overall, not too bad yet at 8 months.
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Kodiak so far:

Living room couch and loveseat - not totally but close
6 dog beds
Several books
Numerous magazines
Cables and power cords galore - luckily none were plugged in
The bottom corners of my wife's dresser and my dresser
Several CD's
Dozens of balls and stuffed animals
The carpet in the dining room
The 10x12 rug I put over the carpet that he destroyed

That's about it for now.

Denali on the other hand only destroyed magazines and a 20 dollar bill.
Back to top Go down
JoJo'shuskies
Newborn
Newborn
JoJo'shuskies

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:13 pm

I forgot...Dakota ate an entire carved pumpkin (in about 15 minutes).

Then we move into the live things....multiple frogs/toads (whole), a chipmunk, a bird (plucked right out of the sky and swallowed whole as well), an opossum (not eaten, but chewed to death...that required a rabies booster and quarantine), and almost caught a wild turkey!
Back to top Go down
Elusive
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-10-16

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 1:24 pm

I guess I'm pretty fortunate. Kael hasn't really done much in the house other than swallow a stuffed mouse cat toy whole. He dove on it and had it down in about 2 seconds. Too fast for me to stop him. That, and he tried to eat my cell phone when he was in the car, WHILE I was driving. It still works, but you can definitely tell I have a naughty dog when you look at it. So much for getting a phone cover for it, because it won't fit now. Razz

lillith87 wrote:
Zoomies: When huskies want something really bad, or when they have too much pent up energy, when you try to take something from them or anything for no reason at all, they will put their ears back, and run top speed in the room in crazy circles, stop abruptly with a no motion freeze, then continue top speed crazy circles.

Is that what it's called? My guy does this when I put him outside on the line in the morning. It's hilarious, yet aggravating because he tries to get me involved. he hasn't done it in a while though. xD

Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Snoopy tried to kill one of the cats and Nunya ate a brand new pair of $125 shoes that I'd bought for work. Both were bad days, but Snoopy wins in the awful category between the two.
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:55 pm

The worst Keyto has done is steal all the shortbread biscuits... she loves them! Poor kids got the blame till I figured out what was going on.

Digger hasn't really done anything abnormal of a puppy... hasn't been given the chance to chew anything he shouldn't etc.
Although this morning I caught him eating cat poo...... so that was pretty gross. Couldn't bare it so took it off him. Not good for him anyway.
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Ooh, I lied. The worse Nunya has done is chased a cat onto my mom's car. Scratched it up SOO bad. Mom had been trying so hard to keep it looking like new too.
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:30 am

The worst thing Taika has done so far is to rip open a package of flour inside the car.. Apparently she finds it tasty..  Shocked Weird dog.  Laughing 

Hmm.. Not sure if Rosko (puppy) has had the time to do anything bad yet but yesterday he emptied his anal glands on the couch..  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
twizyy
Newborn
Newborn
twizyy

Female Join date : 2013-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:03 pm

Wow. And I thought my Nakita was crazy! lol

Well.. For starters: ..
-TV Remote
-House phone
-My favorite winter blanket
-the interior to my truck. (the lining on the ceiling is gone, and half of both front seats. and the front head rests are also gone. She also ripped out the wires controlling the windsheild wipers/defroster for the back window.)

Sad
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:38 am

Well I thought Thanksgiving was the worst, I was letting her in from being outside and she turned left instead of right and I lost hold of her collar and off she went. When I caught up to her she was rolling in the neighbors garden... and smelled horrible! So a late evening bath was in order.
Now yesterday, thank goodness I was home 5 min. before Carol, I walked in and Maya almost knocked me down trying to get out the door, and after being tied and let loose didn't seem all interested in going to the bathroom. So went in the door and found fish all over the mudroom, kitchen, and into the living room! I'd taken the boys ice fishing and still had minnows left, that she has not bothered. Sorry no pix, I new "we" were in trouble so I started collecting and disposing of the evidence. Now what struck me as funny was she didn't push the bucket over, she knocked the lid off and went "bobbing for minnows!". That's what I came up with, most of the water was still in the bucket and I figure she could see them swimming around and just decided it might be fun to try and catch them. No foul odors this morning so we must have gotten things cleaned up in good time, sigh, it's a husky thing lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the worst your husky has done??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next