It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikosiko
Newborn
Newborn
mikosiko

Male Join date : 2013-06-13

Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before? Empty
PostSubject: Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before?   Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 9:35 pm

She has been consistently eating Earthborne Coastal Catch (salmon based), few days ago I noticed that part of the fur on her back and around the eyes is turning pink; could be possible that is due to the food?... as precaution I'm changing the brand and type of food (going with TOTW now), but could be something else?.. anyone has experienced something like this before?
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before?   Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before? EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:27 am

I would change it. We just had a problem with the fish as well with our white husky Nikolai two weeks ago. Pink is when we can tell that Nikolai has some kind of infection or some ingredient in the food just isn't agreeing with him. From experience, I would keep an eye on his ear to just in case it results in an ear infection!
Back to top Go down
mikosiko
Newborn
Newborn
mikosiko

PostSubject: Re: Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before?   Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before? EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:45 am

Thanks for the answer Erica... I will follow your head-up regarding the ears.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before?   Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before? EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 1:37 pm

How old is your pup? Are there any bumps present in the pink areas? Is she itching a lot? Is she losing hair? She might have demodex mange (if my listed symptoms are present). It's fairly common in younger dogs til about 1.5 - 2 yrs old.

It could be food related too, like Erica said. If it's not food related, I would take her to the vet for a skin scrape. They're only around $20 and will give you a peace of mind. Smile
Back to top Go down
mikosiko
Newborn
Newborn
mikosiko

PostSubject: Re: Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before?   Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before? EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks Juneau,

Lily is 2 1/2 years old, no bumps, no itching, no losing hair, but anyways I'm going to take her to the vet in addition to change her food... this is how it looks like.... pink around the eyes too
https://i.servimg.com/u/f75/18/36/05/85/20130811.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before?   Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lily's fur turning pink in some areas... have you seen this before?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1