It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Some Strange Behavior

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Some Strange Behavior Empty
PostSubject: Some Strange Behavior   Some Strange Behavior EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:16 pm

This morning was like any other morning waking up to Kenzi having the zoomies through the house and out into the backyard, but when she got out there is when the normal morning went awry. She did a couple laps around the yard at top speed then dove under the porch where she's been working at digging a couple holes to China for a while now. She dug furiously for a bit then peed in the hole before doing another lap then coming back to dig for a bit and then pee in the hole again. She did this three times. Twice in one of the craters she's building and once in another giant hole she has been working on right next to the other. Run, dig, pee, repeat. No other animals can get in her yard, no other dogs had been by the house this morning and she has never done anything like this before. Has anyone had a dog do this before? Could it just be caused by excitement or should I crawl under there and make sure she hasn't uprooted an ancient burial spot of a former owners pet whose grave she is spitefully desecrating? We knew she was a very strange and territorial dog, but this is even strange for her. scratch 

Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Some Strange Behavior   Some Strange Behavior EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:04 pm

That sounds very funny to watch, you should get a video of her doing that

Sorry I don't have advice for you though....
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Some Strange Behavior   Some Strange Behavior EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Hmmm I'd have to investigate under there. It could be nothing and something in her doggy brain said "Let's try this nutsy" for awhile! The only time Evie digs is if she hears something under the ground. That's how we learned we had a mole issue. And bees in the ground. I've seen them do crazy things if there is something dead somewhere too. The peeing in the holes has me stumped, but who knows what goes through these crazy dogs heads half the time! Good luck getting to the bottom of it Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Some Strange Behavior   Some Strange Behavior EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Usually if she digs it's because there's something like a mole in there, but she started these two holes when we first got her as a means to stay cool when she was stuck outside while we were at work and it was starting to get warm out. They are big enough for her to curl up in and be completely flush with the ground around her. She was digging in them yesterday morning a little but not peeing, then this morning she started digging and then she would just squat and waddle over the hole while she peed and go at it some more. I would have gotten a video if I had had any idea it was going to happen because it was odd to watch.

Puppy
Puppy
mmwhiteside

Female Join date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Some Strange Behavior   Some Strange Behavior EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Jenn, I am so sorry but I am cracking up at the "peeing and digging" image. Kenzi and Rogue look alike in pics, so automatically I see images of Rogue doing it - which honestly - would not surprise me at all. He's such a goof!

Who knows what goes through their minds. The first thing I thought of was maybe she is peeing when the dirt gets too hard to dig? they are resourceful buggers! Let us know if you find anything out there. Hopefully it's not some ancient burial ground!
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Some Strange Behavior   Some Strange Behavior EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:06 pm

To me this sounds like getting ready for puppies. Could she be like one of those people on t.v. and be pregnant and didn't know it? I'm sure I'm wrong but that is what the behavior reminds me of.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Some Strange Behavior   Some Strange Behavior EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:05 pm

Nawww I doubt she's prego. My Kennedy has her favorite place to dog a hole and it's under the giant ass bush in the front hard. She will dig ferociously for a good 15 minutes, then roll around in the whole, then people watch, then chew on some twigs, and then she pees in it. Nobody else goes in her hole, but she always pees in it. I don't think it's anything "bad" or "wrong". Just quirky Smile.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Some Strange Behavior   Some Strange Behavior EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Hughie wrote:
To me this sounds like getting ready for puppies.  Could she be like one of those people on t.v. and be pregnant and didn't know it?  I'm sure I'm wrong but that is what the behavior reminds me of.
She is fixed so there better not be any puppies or someone at the shelter didn't know what they were talking about. lol. She was an adult dog when fixed though, maybe she's having belated heat cycle?

Quirky is one word for it. Just seems weird that she's been all this time and never done anything like it before. She is very territorial though and marks worse than any male dog I have ever seen. When I go to my parents house it's literally a pissing contest for the ages between her, my old dog, and my dad's dog.

Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Some Strange Behavior   Some Strange Behavior EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:59 am

Reading all posts I'll change my answer to "it's a Husky thing" and quietly dissolve into the darkness! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Strange Behavior   Some Strange Behavior Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Strange Behavior

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1