It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My dog start barking after attending day care

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Katia2013
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-08-29

My dog start barking after attending day care Empty
PostSubject: My dog start barking after attending day care   My dog start barking after attending day care EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new here!, let me introduce my beautiful girl Leyka!! She is 5 months and half , I do have a question to begin with, she never used to bark (Except when I'm trying to sweep), and last weekend I had my baby shower and I had to drop her off at a doggy daycare, I was very nervous that day because she always seems shy when interacting with other dogs, I took her to an off leash beach before and she seems kind scared of the other dogs, When I'm walking her she say hi nose-to-nose with any dog but when she is off leash and they are trying to play she runs away from them or try to hide, anyways at the daycare they told me she did pretty well, that it took some time to warm up but that she did pretty good (like she got used to it) they had cameras so that I could watch her time-to-time, after that she seems less scared to dogs, trying to always say hi and go play (She's attending obedience classes at the moment) and she does really good, she is just wonderful I love her to much. Anyways my question was that after going to doggy daycare she has start barking more, she is super friendly with people and she is very submissive with dogs and people as well! I always let her sit outside and look around, she just sits there and observe everybody!! I'm always there to supervise, but today she started barking at a random dog that was in front of our house and her owner, i'm not sure if she was barking at the dog or the women with the dog, or both, she told me she always passed by and she never bark before, this was her first time! I'm guessing Leyka was very excited but the women told me she might be very protective or becoming a watch dog which I doubt it! because she is just to friendly with people, and she has never bark at people before, I recall ones barking at someone because they ignore her and to a drunk friend that stop by one time maybe because he was very noisy, I'm just wondering when does your dog start barking, she doesn't howl (only when she plays with her toys she makes a sound like crying howling) and I don't know if I should worry that she just started to bark at people or dogs! she always seem to try to bark but keep it inside, I don't know if you guys understand me! Embarassed 

My dog start barking after attending day care 12090213
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My dog start barking after attending day care   My dog start barking after attending day care EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:01 pm

In the past month, loki at 5.5 months started wooing more and howling. He has barked some at my other dogs to get them to play since I got him at 3 months. When loki barks at my dogs he does do the play bow. He barks when they ignore him. Leave it seems to help or we go play with him. He will whine to play with other dogs, but leave it seems to be helping there as well.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: My dog start barking after attending day care   My dog start barking after attending day care EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:06 pm

techigirl78 wrote:
In the past month, loki at 5.5 months started wooing more and howling.  He has barked some at my other dogs to get them to play since I got him at 3 months.  When loki barks at my dogs he does do the play bow.  He barks when they ignore him.  Leave it seems to help or we go play with him. He will whine to play with other dogs, but leave it seems to be helping there as well.
Anya is the same age as Loki and started to woo and howl too! I wonder if 5.5 months is the age when some pups start to "talk"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My dog start barking after attending day care   My dog start barking after attending day care EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Yeah. Loki is doing the chewbacca noise now. It is so cute. For awhile I was wondering if he would do anything beyond bark and whine. Wooing is so cute.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: My dog start barking after attending day care   My dog start barking after attending day care EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Katia2013 wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm new here!, let me introduce my beautiful girl Leyka!! She is 5 months and half , I do have a question to begin with, she never used to bark (Except when I'm trying to sweep), and last weekend I had my baby shower and I had to drop her off at a doggy daycare, I was very nervous that day because she always seems shy when interacting with other dogs, I took her to an off leash beach before and she seems kind scared of the other dogs, When I'm walking her she say hi nose-to-nose with any dog but when she is off leash and they are trying to play she runs away from them or try to hide, anyways at the daycare they told me she did pretty well, that it took some time to warm up but that she did pretty good (like she got used to it) they had cameras so that I could watch her time-to-time, after that she seems less scared to dogs, trying to always say hi and go play (She's attending obedience classes at the moment) and she does really good, she is just wonderful I love her to much. Anyways my question was that after going to doggy daycare she has start barking more, she is super friendly with people and she is very submissive with dogs and people as well! I always let her sit outside and look around, she just sits there and observe everybody!! I'm always there to supervise, but today she started barking at a random dog that was in front of our house and her owner, i'm not sure if she was barking at the dog or the women with the dog, or both, she told me she always passed by and she never bark before, this was her first time! I'm guessing Leyka was very excited but the women told me she might be very protective or becoming a watch dog which I doubt it! because she is just to friendly with people, and she has never bark at people before, I recall ones barking at someone because they ignore her and to a drunk friend that stop by one time maybe because he was very noisy, I'm just wondering when does your dog start barking, she doesn't howl (only when she plays with her toys she makes a sound like crying howling) and I don't know if I should worry that she just started to bark at people or dogs! she always seem to try to bark but keep it inside, I don't know if you guys understand me! Embarassed 

My dog start barking after attending day care 12090213

All of her behavior is completely normal. I started taking Anya to dog parks for a month, most days of the week and she still has her shy moments with other dogs. I noticed she started barking like the dogs at the dog park soon after I started taking her there but it has stopped recently. I think she was just mimicking other dogs behavior but eventually defaulted to her natural instinct to woo and howl. Even her bark has woo sound to it
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dog start barking after attending day care   My dog start barking after attending day care Empty

Back to top Go down

My dog start barking after attending day care

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1