It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jordan.payton
Newborn
Newborn
jordan.payton

Female Join date : 2013-04-16

My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me! Empty
PostSubject: My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me!   My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:45 pm

So, we live in the back of a rather quiet apartment complex. We have quite a bit of woods to one side of us and a privacy fence to the rear. Between our door and the two areas there is a good amount of space for Mishka to explore and have fun.

One problem though! On the other side of the privacy fence there is a HUGE walnut tree! The tree keeps dropping the walnuts onto our side and Mishka is trying everything she can think of to get to them. She absolutely loves them! I've read that walnuts are toxic to dogs and have tried my best to keep them from her, but sometimes she just darts to the fence to scoop on up! What should I do!? I really don't want to have to keep her on a leash all the time but I don't want her sick either! Sad
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me!   My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me! EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 3:28 am

I would consider using a tie out for her at least until you can check for nuts(if thats possible i have no clue how many nuts fall from a walnut tree). Or could you possibly rig up some sort of net system to catch them?
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me!   My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me! EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 3:56 am

I would say leashing her is your only option. You can't exactly except them to cut down their tree lol..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me!   My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me! EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:54 am

I would invest in a nut gatherer and just go out and quickly pick up the nuts in the area she plays before letting her out. You just roll it on the ground and it grabs all the nuts for you and then I would empty it back over the fence in their yard or dump it out in a trash can so that they can dry out and then you can eat them later.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weasel-Nut-Gatherer-/121163018450?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c35e0f0d2

PostSubject: Re: My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me!   My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me! Empty

Back to top Go down

My neighbor's tree is going to be the death of me!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1