It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky Tail

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Perky
Newborn
Newborn
Perky

Husky Tail  Empty
PostSubject: Husky Tail    Husky Tail  EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 2:54 pm

I have a 6 year old Siberian Husky.  When walking a couple a weeks ago, she had her normal bowel movement, then a little further on, she just sat down.  At first I thought something was still hanging there, but she got up and continued walking.  A little further along she sat again.  After that, I've noticed that when we walk, her tail is in the trailing position and in the house hanging down (usually it is curled up).  When we play or she gets excited, the tail curls up.  She did have another "sit" moment again last week.  She is not "scooting", there is no odor, I see nothing under there.  I can touch the rear area, pet and brush and she does not have any pain.  She eats, drinks, bowel is normal.
I haven't been able to find any information on this.
If it continues, I will take her to the vet; but she is not fond of that and you know how sibes are with their tails areas being examined.
This is my fourth husky and I've not encountered this before.  
Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Husky Tail  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky Tail    Husky Tail  EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Is she maybe over weight a little and just getting tired? I've also heard that thyroid issues can wear a dog out and cause muscle fatigue.

Newborn
Newborn
Perky

Husky Tail  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky Tail    Husky Tail  EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Thanks for the input. She's not overweight and not tired. We walk 1 1/2 miles everyday.
We do have a vet appt this week.
Back to top Go down
Rigbyjek
Puppy
Puppy
Rigbyjek

Husky Tail  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky Tail    Husky Tail  EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Have you ever heard of "Wet tail?" My lab mix gets it sometimes if he over exercises... Its very common especially after swimming. The tail comes out and then instead of curling up just kind of drops down... google it and see if its maybe what you're seeing? It usually goes away on its own- we give him aspirin... but he is almost ten! Smile
Back to top Go down
CaliaKisses
Puppy
Puppy
CaliaKisses

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Husky Tail  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky Tail    Husky Tail  EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Does she have any joint or back issues? I've heard of similar incidents happening to dogs with bad knees, hips, and/or backs. If you trust her not to bite you, you may want to try gently feeling around and seeing if she has any areas that appear particularly sensitive to the touch. Try it both when she's feeling normal and when she is having an episode, it may give you an idea of if there's something wrong that would need a vet to investigate further. Either way, I'd still bring her in as it sounds like she may be in pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Husky Tail  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky Tail    Husky Tail  Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky Tail

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1