It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Christmas tree

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ackmom3
Newborn
Newborn
ackmom3

Female Join date : 2013-09-12

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:17 am

This is our first christmas with our husky and am a little worried about the christmas tree. It is a fake tree but just afraid he might mess with it.....what does everyine else do?
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:27 am

I was worried about our first tree too with the dog and it turned out he didn't really care about it. It's our cat that we have to worry about! The best you can do is to see how he does. If he tries messing with the ornaments, you'll just have to put them out of his reach.

It's the same as any other thing you train him not to do. If he shows interest in it, let him sniff and see what he does. If he starts messing with it, redirect and praise.
Back to top Go down
Kye
Newborn
Newborn
Kye

Male Join date : 2013-09-24

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:37 am

Our first Xmass with our pup too, real tree. I am worried hes going to try to pee on it.
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:46 am

Ours is going in the front living room, which is gated off.
Back to top Go down
ackmom3
Newborn
Newborn
ackmom3

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:54 am

Kye i am kinda afraid of that too
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:04 pm

I think put ornaments you don't care about at the bottom and make sure your puppy knows leave it. I know we will not put any stuffy oranments at the bottom with Loki now around. Also, don't use garland or tinsel.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Yeah, forgot to mention that tinsel is a huge no-no. If he eats that it's not good news.
Back to top Go down
ackmom3
Newborn
Newborn
ackmom3

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Ya no tinsel....my cats used to eat it too
Back to top Go down
barbianj
Puppy
Puppy
barbianj

Male Join date : 2013-09-28

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:05 pm

So, no ornaments made of turkey meat, or balls filled with bison kibble? Boooo.

-Siku
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Remember the gifts that you might wrap and put under the tree. Years ago Ally was able to smell out a box of chocolate covered cherries and had an early Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:03 pm

I was incredibly worried that Mishka would just pull the entire tree down but he didn't even pay it any mind. He was more worried about me being on the ground / at his level and wanted to play. He hasn't messed with any ornaments and I wrapped 3 presents and put under the tree and he hasn't paid it any mind. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

kobi269
Newborn
Newborn
kobi269

Male Join date : 2013-01-13

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:40 am

The only tree Kobi has messed with is my moms, he l pee'd on it.......... The look on my moms face was hilarious hahahaha. Other than that, I have had no issue with Kobi and any other Christmas tree. All the trees he has been around were fake though, not sure what would happen if it were real lol.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:16 pm

With four different dogs and too different cats I must say I would worry more about the cats than the dogs. I have always worried each new dog. However all they have done is knock ornaments off by brushing up against it. Ours is in front of a window so they can looks out and accidentally brush them off. So we got paper mache, plexi glass and other shatter proof ornaments to put on the bottom. Just things you don't care about and that reason was also due to the cats batting them off.  I have beaded tinsel that I put higher up and have not had a problem with that. I also use wide 3" ribbon instead of garland so that I do not get that little bits that they want to eat off the ground! I have never had an unfix dog so that may be why we never had a pee issue but I still worry about presents under the tree even though I only put "their" presents out Christmas eve and definitely NO food under the tree!

eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Last year Loki stole 1 present under the tree and left the ornaments alone but when we went to my in-laws house he took the cow from the Nativity set and I caught him doing that. This will be Django first Christmas so not sure what fun is in store for this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas tree   Christmas tree Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas tree

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1