It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The great Balcony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

Female Join date : 2014-01-04

The great Balcony Empty
PostSubject: The great Balcony   The great Balcony EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:55 pm

So... Yeah, we don't have snow, but we will. I was thinking about balconies. we have one that looks like this one: https://i.servimg.com/u/f57/18/68/44/86/6f99f310.jpg
and i wondering, will my dog be safe out there? ithought it would be amazing for my dog to be there on summer days and winter days too Smile but will she ever try to jump out? this summer we had a lot of flowers, and she digged them a lot, but i talked to my mom ,that we wouldn't have them on the ground, only on top, so it would be safe for my dog, and my moms precious Very Happy btw, i live on the 2nd floor Smile
Back to top Go down
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

The great Balcony Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great Balcony   The great Balcony EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:30 am

nobody out there ? :O
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

The great Balcony Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great Balcony   The great Balcony EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:17 am

I would not leave my dog out there unsupervised even on a leash. On the off chance that they feel like jumping you don't want them to die or choke. I think play it safe and only allow her out there whne you are.
Back to top Go down
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

The great Balcony Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great Balcony   The great Balcony EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:38 am

what if i am supervising like 4 meters from her? i mean inside, becouse from the sofa i can see very well
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

The great Balcony Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great Balcony   The great Balcony EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:38 pm

I think that is up to you. I think if you monitor her it will be fine. If your doing it like that you could maybe get a long lead and attach it to her collar from your sofa that way if she has any unwanted behaviors you can stop her and teach her that way. Many people on this forum, Jeff who has Link has a balcony I believe and he lets Link out there but his isn't as open as your's is. I say be alert and she should be fine. My dogs love looking out the window and I can't imagine if we had a balcony. They would stay out all day on that thing.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

The great Balcony Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great Balcony   The great Balcony EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Our current balcony has no openings in the rail, it is solid. But, the tiny little half-balcony we had in our old apartment was open like the one you linked, but the openings were way too small for him to fit through. At the size he was in the apartment he could have never leaped over the top.

As a rule, even now with the house, he is never ever out there unsupervised. The only thing he is interested in doing when he is out there is resting his head on the wood panel and watching the world go by. It sorta sedates him, really. He isn't active at all when he's out there and we are less than 10 feet away on the sofa usually watching a movie.

For us, it's fine and safe. I can't really recommend it one way or the other for you because I don't know the details about your dog and the situation.

Your call really. But for what it's worth, there is a successful balcony loving Husky on here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

The great Balcony Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great Balcony   The great Balcony EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:31 pm

This is as dangerous as it is for him when he's on Link's Lookout.

The great Balcony Balc10
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

The great Balcony Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great Balcony   The great Balcony EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 8:53 am

well, yeah, i think mine is safer, becouse it's 110cm high, and btw, mine has no holes that she can get thru, + my girl is not a jumper, and for me, i don't think with that character she would jump out Smile ofcourse, i would never leave her, if i go outside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The great Balcony Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great Balcony   The great Balcony Empty

Back to top Go down

The great Balcony

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1