It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Husky owners in Michigan :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ariadne81
Newborn
Newborn
Ariadne81

Female Join date : 2014-01-13

New Husky owners in Michigan :) Empty
PostSubject: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi! I'm new here. We are about to bring our Husky baby home on the 25th! His name is Semper and he was born on December 8th of 2013. Not sure what else to put on here. lol! I've done so much research on the Husky breed the last couple months it's ridiculous! :)Gotta make sure we're prepared for our new fur baby though. As odd as it sounds, we're even looking forward to all the fur everywhere! lol!

Last edited by Ariadne81 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I put the wrong date in for when we're bringing him home. oops! I wish it was sooner! :))
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Welcome, I'm a fellow Michigander and have a lot of friends in the breed within Michigan Smile

Hope you enjoy the site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi from a fellow Michigander! Where in the Mitten are you?
Back to top Go down
Ariadne81
Newborn
Newborn
Ariadne81

PostSubject: Re: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! Smile We're over in the Grand Rapids / Kalamazoo area.
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

Male Join date : 2013-07-08

PostSubject: Re: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 1:52 pm

cute pup, im also from grand rapids area
Back to top Go down
Ariadne81
Newborn
Newborn
Ariadne81

PostSubject: Re: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:49 pm

moto1087 wrote:
cute pup, im also from grand rapids area

Awesome! Do you know of any dog parks in the area? We're actually just south of GR in Byron Center. Oh, and do you know of any good dog trainers? We want to enroll him in a beginning obedience class as soon as he has all of his shots. The Well-Mannered Dog seems like a good place, but that's just based on what I found online. If you have any personal recommendations I'd really appreciate it! Smile
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:40 pm

For dog parks in our area, there are a couple. There is one off of 131 and clyde park, but it cost money and you have to make sure your dog is licensed, all UTD on shots and proof of rabies (which you should have these done any way before going, at the least shots and rabies). There is another one in ada, which is the same way, but from picture that i have seen from there its a extremely nice one. I go to Hill Crest, its a good sized fenced in area nothing special and its free, thats why i like it haha. Hill crest is located off of 196 and fuller. Im assuming if your from byron center your not far from 131 or m6 which its only 10-15 mins from where m6 and 131 meet.

as for trainers, i do not know much of, i opted out of classes. I have heard of the well mannered, i would suggest doing a google search then see if you can find any customer reviews on the place, i know there is quite a few places that do puppy classes
Back to top Go down
Ariadne81
Newborn
Newborn
Ariadne81

PostSubject: Re: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:45 pm

Once we get him all of his shots and everything we'll probably go to Hill Crest too. Free is better sometimes! lol! Especially after how much we're spending on getting things ready for him, a free park to begin with is definitely better. Smile We're actually only a couple miles from where 131 and M6 meets, so that park is definitely close enough. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

PostSubject: Re: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:03 pm

Thats what i figured too haha. its a good park, has a large dog and small dog side that are separate from each other. you sound like you live just down the road from myself haha, i live off m6 and kzoo area.

also here is a facebook sight that does husky meet ups once a month for when your pup is older
https://www.facebook.com/groups/224477627577861/809240739101544/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity
Back to top Go down
Ariadne81
Newborn
Newborn
Ariadne81

PostSubject: Re: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Yep! We're pretty much right up the road from you! lol! We're right by where M6 meets Byron Center Ave. I'll have to check that page out. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Husky owners in Michigan :)   New Husky owners in Michigan :) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Husky owners in Michigan :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1