It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.
 
HomeSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!





Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys


Share
 

 Thoughts on these breeders?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaido
Newborn
Newborn


Female Join date : 2014-01-16
Location : Virginia Beach

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 2:46 am

I have a hard time choosing a breeder... what do you guys think?
http://lauradalessiberians.com/
This one is in Pennsylvania, about 6 hours away from where I live. They seem reputable to me, however; I don't think they OFA(I think that's what its called lol! ) test their huskies & it says in their FAQ that you can't go see the adult dogs or kennels, because they don't want to spread disease. Do breeders often do that?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evans-Husky-Haven/263342933018
This next one's website is currently down, but they're the closest about 2 hours away. I've talked to them before and the breeder says their dogs are OFA and CERF tested. I don't think they breed or anything though....

http://www.talinisiberians.com/index.html
Here's the last one, about 4-5 hours away.

Does anybody else know of any breeders in Virginia or in upper North Carolina?
Thanks  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10
Location : New Zealand

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:34 am

The last one sounds pretty legit to me.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11
Location : NYC

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:01 am

I agree with histi, I wouldn't go near the first two, the third looks good. Your question about no being able to see the adult dogs: that is total BS. If the dogs are vaccinated and well cared for there isn't anything you could spread to them. I think it's an excuse to keep people from seeing what condition her kennel is in. If someone won't let you see their kennel, or dogs, that is a huge red flag screaming to run the other direction.
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager


Male Join date : 2013-10-24
Location : Iceland

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:07 am

n/t n/t


Last edited by Hollyfrost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24
Location : Billerica, Mass.

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:05 am

Here's one that is in Martinsville, Va. They look legit to me and CERF/OFA all dogs before breeding. They list the CERF and OFA numbers and pedigrees for dam and sire on their site, too, which is great. Lots of pictures and video of pups! Looks like there are some pups available now. http://www.alluresiberians.com/

This one is in Wake Forest, N.C. (not sure how close/far that is for you). They're a show kennel and have a litter with pups available now as well. The pedigrees for each dog are posted on the site but they don't mention anything about hip and eye certifications, so if you inquire with them you should definitely ask if they certify their dogs before breeding and what the OFA/CERF numbers are for dam and sire: http://www.synama-wintersweet.com/
Back to top Go down
seanbrunett
Teenager
Teenager
seanbrunett

Male Join date : 2013-05-13
Location : Reston, VA

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:25 pm

@kaido wrote:
I have a hard time choosing a breeder... what do you guys think?
http://lauradalessiberians.com/
This one is in Pennsylvania, about 6 hours away from where I live. They seem reputable to me, however; I don't think they OFA(I think that's what its called lol! ) test their huskies & it says in their FAQ that you can't go see the adult dogs or kennels, because they don't want to spread disease. Do breeders often do that?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evans-Husky-Haven/263342933018
This next one's website is currently down, but they're the closest about 2 hours away. I've talked to them before and the breeder says their dogs are OFA and CERF tested. I don't think they breed or anything though....

http://www.talinisiberians.com/index.html
Here's the last one, about 4-5 hours away.

Does anybody else know of any breeders in Virginia or in upper North Carolina?
Thanks  Very Happy 

Where are you located? I'm up in northern Virginia. We went through Jalerran Siberians (Clarion, PA) because we were so impressed by them. They may be a bit further than the others listed, but Jess is a fantastic breeder, she gives a great health guarantee and makes you go through a phone interview before you're even put on the wait list because she wants to make sure you will care for the pups well.

Here is the website: http://www.siberianhuskypups.com/

Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Buffalo, NY

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:50 pm

I don't know if I am allowed to post this, but I'm going to anyways and it can be removed if necessary. My girl came from Lauradale Kennels and she has had MANY health issues from the day we brought her home. To the point that we were actually reimbursed her purchase price. STAY AWAY!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11
Location : NYC

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:52 pm

Why wouldn't you be allowed to post? I'm sure all input is welcome and appreciated, especially from someone with first hand experience. Smile
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Buffalo, NY

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:59 pm

@wpskier222 wrote:
Why wouldn't you be allowed to post? I'm sure all input is welcome and appreciated, especially from someone with first hand experience. Smile

I just never really see bad breeders actually named in posts, but since the OP asked specifically I thought it would be ok. Don't know the legality/logistics as far as public forums go. I do have documentation and thousands in medical bills as proof tho. If I can prevent 1 person from going through what we have in these first 3 years of my dog's life, it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : seattle, wa

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Bad breeders need to be called out as much as possible, especially from folks with firsthand experience. The facts alone speak volumes. Stay away from character defamation and you are legit and fine.

Thanks for doing so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24
Location : Billerica, Mass.

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Exactly. This is the type of information we need to know!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Louisiana

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:39 pm

@seanbrunett wrote:
Where are you located? I'm up in northern Virginia. We went through Jalerran Siberians (Clarion, PA) because we were so impressed by them. They may be a bit further than the others listed, but Jess is a fantastic breeder, she gives a great health guarantee and makes you go through a phone interview before you're even put on the wait list because she wants to make sure you will care for the pups well.

Here is the website: http://www.siberianhuskypups.com/

Jalerran Siberians is actually one of the kennels I had been eyeing for my next pup. Still incredibly undecided and it's just so far out right now. Smile

_________________
Thoughts on these breeders? Signat11
Thoughts on these breeders? O8Cmm5
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11
Location : NYC

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:43 pm

I considered Jalerran for my first pup as well. The only reason I didn't go to her is that she didn't have a litter due around the time I needed to bring Dizzy home.
Back to top Go down
kaido
Newborn
Newborn


Female Join date : 2014-01-16
Location : Virginia Beach

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:45 pm

@seanbrunett wrote:

@kaido wrote:
I have a hard time choosing a breeder... what do you guys think?
http://lauradalessiberians.com/
This one is in Pennsylvania, about 6 hours away from where I live. They seem reputable to me, however; I don't think they OFA(I think that's what its called lol! ) test their huskies & it says in their FAQ that you can't go see the adult dogs or kennels, because they don't want to spread disease. Do breeders often do that?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evans-Husky-Haven/263342933018
This next one's website is currently down, but they're the closest about 2 hours away. I've talked to them before and the breeder says their dogs are OFA and CERF tested. I don't think they breed or anything though....

http://www.talinisiberians.com/index.html
Here's the last one, about 4-5 hours away.

Does anybody else know of any breeders in Virginia or in upper North Carolina?
Thanks  Very Happy 


Where are you located? I'm up in northern Virginia. We went through Jalerran Siberians (Clarion, PA) because we were so impressed by them. They may be a bit further than the others listed, but Jess is a fantastic breeder, she gives a great health guarantee and makes you go through a phone interview before you're even put on the wait list because she wants to make sure you will care for the pups well.

Here is the website: http://www.siberianhuskypups.com/


I'm located in Virginia Beach. So that'd be a good 8 hour drive , but I'll definitely have to look into them, the breeder sounds great!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24
Location : Billerica, Mass.

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:45 pm

I find it neat that they took the "www.siberianhuskypups.com" domain name so a BYB or mill can't snatch it up. Smile
Back to top Go down
kaido
Newborn
Newborn


Female Join date : 2014-01-16
Location : Virginia Beach

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:47 pm

@JillC wrote:
I don't know if I am allowed to post this, but I'm going to anyways and it can be removed if necessary. My girl came from Lauradale Kennels and she has had MANY health issues from the day we brought her home. To the point that we were actually reimbursed her purchase price. STAY AWAY!  

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! I don't think I'll be looking into that breeder anymore. It's a shame your dog has so many health problems.


Last edited by kaido on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07
Location : Michigan

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:31 pm

I don't know if I would go to any of the breeders mentioned....

A few good ones:

Kadian (VA) http://www.kadiansiberians.com/site/home.html

Snocrest (PA) - http://www.snocrestsiberians.com
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Louisiana

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:42 pm

^ Is Jalerran not a good kennel anymore?

_________________
Thoughts on these breeders? Signat11
Thoughts on these breeders? O8Cmm5
Back to top Go down
seanbrunett
Teenager
Teenager
seanbrunett

Male Join date : 2013-05-13
Location : Reston, VA

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:43 pm

@simplify wrote:

@seanbrunett wrote:
Where are you located? I'm up in northern Virginia. We went through Jalerran Siberians (Clarion, PA) because we were so impressed by them. They may be a bit further than the others listed, but Jess is a fantastic breeder, she gives a great health guarantee and makes you go through a phone interview before you're even put on the wait list because she wants to make sure you will care for the pups well.

Here is the website: http://www.siberianhuskypups.com/


Jalerran Siberians is actually one of the kennels I had been eyeing for my next pup. Still incredibly undecided and it's just so far out right now. Smile

Awesome, I can't recommend them more Smile We researched a lot of breeders in the MD/VA area an didn't find any that impressed us more than Jalerran in northwest PA. I'm not familiar with some of the breeders listed in the thread though, I'm sure there are some good ones. If you have any questions about Jalerran, I'd be more than happy to answer them.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Louisiana

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:08 am

Well I'm all the way in Louisiana and good breeders are very hard to come by this far south. I would love to find someone a little further south, but the only one I really know of is Trillium Blue out of Georgia.

_________________
Thoughts on these breeders? Signat11
Thoughts on these breeders? O8Cmm5
Back to top Go down
WolvenSight
Teenager
Teenager
WolvenSight

Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Denver, Colorado

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:08 am

http://www.shca.org/shcahp4f.htm

Breeder List Directory, all breeders are registered with AKC. It is how I found the breeder I used. It lists each state and their breeders. Make the best decision based on your research and good luck!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07
Location : Michigan

Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:12 am

SHCA is the best referral, it's proof they are breeding ethically.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Sponsored content




Thoughts on these breeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on these breeders?   Thoughts on these breeders? Empty

Back to top Go down
 

Thoughts on these breeders?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» grafting thoughts...?
» Thoughts on the Rapture?
» A few SFG tips & thoughts...
» 3-in-1 Mill/Drill/Lathe
» Mystery Lettuce Killer....any thoughts?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-