It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from NY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
midias
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2014-01-21

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Hello from NY   Hello from NY EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:13 pm

In mid October I adopted a one year old Husky Shepherd mix named Keena. Her owner could not longer take care of her so she was put up for adoption. After a visit I decided I could give her a good home so I picked her up with her cage, a couple toys and some food that must have been bad because she refused to touch it.

She was very skinny 25lbs and did not like to be put in her crate when I got her. She was also a very destructive chewer with zero training. She did not understand anything but sit and she was not too good at that. She was very hard to walk and constantly pulled. Although I was told she was good with her spiked collar which I refused to use. She also had not been spayed or had her shots.

In the last 3 months she has put on 18lbs and at 23" high she seems to be the right weight. Her new food seems to have made her coat thick and soft, before it felt like a wire brush. I have take care of all her vet items and had a chip put in her.

Keena is very smart and learns new tricks quickly when food motivated. I have been working hard on teaching her that her crate is not scary or a punishment and she now willingly goes into it. A Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness has improved her walking although she still has a lot of puppy in her. She gets walked twice every day and then we have play time in the back yard. I put a 50' training leash on her so she can run around but I can grab it if needed. I will install a fence in the spring.

She can now be unsupervised for a couple of hours without chewing up everything.

When I first met her.

Hello from NY D7c8be94-3fe2-44d1-9894-92170ebeb3be_zps69e72222

After she came home

Hello from NY Face_zps24e0c058

Hello from NY Couch2_zps60dd0ac3

Today

Try and take my rope

Hello from NY Rope_zps662f0111

Happy well adjusted puppy.

Hello from NY IMG_20140111_110618_162_zps784f4fcf
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Hello from NY EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Thanks for giving her a good home! She is gorgeous and looks happy with you!
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Hello from NY EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:35 pm

Yes, thank you for adopting her! She is beautiful, and looks very happy to be with you!
Back to top Go down
TheBadGuppy
Teenager
Teenager
TheBadGuppy

Female Join date : 2013-06-20

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Hello from NY EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:48 pm

I love stories like this! They are worth every ounce of frustration at the beginning Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Hello from NY EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:23 pm

She is so pretty! She might not be a mix, just an agouti. At any rate it sounds like the two of you were meant for each other. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Hello from NY EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:34 pm

She's very pretty! She looks so happy now
Back to top Go down
midias
Newborn
Newborn

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Hello from NY EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:52 pm

Thank you for the welcomes.

She is a very happy dog now and I was glad to give her a good home. She is a total daddy's girl and follows me everywhere. I am looking forward to taking her hiking this spring.
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

Female Join date : 2013-02-09

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Hello from NY EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 4:02 pm

She is beautiful!!! Where in NY?
Back to top Go down
midias
Newborn
Newborn

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Hello from NY EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 1:35 pm

We are near the Rochester area but not in the city.

Begging

Hello from NY Begging_zps4a7650d2
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

Female Join date : 2013-02-09

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Hello from NY EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:26 pm

Nice, I am in northern New York, outside of Watertown. (an hour north of Syracuse)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Hello from NY Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from NY

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-