It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

They are addictive afterall . . .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

They are addictive afterall . . .  Empty
PostSubject: They are addictive afterall . . .    They are addictive afterall . . .  EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 am

My fiance' has never cared too much for our pets. He likes our cats and loves our dogs, but never as much as I do. He has mentioned a few times that he would like a break from pet ownership. The only reason we got Loki was because it was love at first sight for him and he promised that I could have at least one pet in future.

So . . . the other day we took Loki to the pet store for toys and treats. For starters, he spends well over $100 on treats and toys. He keeps throwing things in the cart saying his baby will be happy. Mind you, we go like once a week to the pet store and Loki probably has like 100 toys already. Then, 2 different people stop to say hi to Loki and he proceeds to tell them that in the next few years we are getting another husky. Huh? Mister we don't need any more pets is wanting another husky?

He grudingly agreed when we got Loki that once my seniors are gone we would look into getting a companion for him just because huskies love other dogs so much and Loki is being raised with other dogs. But now? He is obsessed with huskies and Loki in particular. He goes around calling him his son.

So if someone who thought he would never care to own a dog again fell in love and now wants more huskies, I guess I deem that huskies are addictive at least for some. For people on this forum, I guess this may seem normal. But, seriously, he never cared much for dogs or cats (definitely more of a dog person though). I am sometimes floored with how attached my fiance' is to Loki. Is this normal?
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

They are addictive afterall . . .  Empty
PostSubject: Re: They are addictive afterall . . .    They are addictive afterall . . .  EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:47 am

Layla is my husband's first dog, ever. He was sheltered as a child (very long story) and wasn't allowed to have pets. I had to convince him to get a dog because at first he was very hesitant because, "What happens when it dies? You have this animal for a few years and then it dies and you're sad. What's the use?" I had to beg and plead and persuade for a year or two before he realized even if he wasn't really for it that I would not be able to survive without a dog.

Since Layla's been home, I think he's come around. He loves her so much and is so happy to be with her. He's normally not that emotional with people and has an "I hate people" attitude (which, by the way, I've been trying for the longest time to change his attitude on this and wonder if I ever will ...) but with Layla he's so happy and loving. He's a great dog dad. So, yeah, I think it can be addictive for people outside the realm of this forum. Needless to say I'm addicted too, and we're going to be welcoming our second Sibe later this spring ... though that was originally my idea and he's just along for the ride at this point, haha. He thinks I'm a crazy husky lady ... and he wouldn't be wrong!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down

They are addictive afterall . . .

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1