It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11) Empty
PostSubject: 10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)   10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 2:26 pm

I thought this might be a fun topic to start. Smile

1. Getting up 'early' has an entirely new meaning (so does going to bed early)!
2. I have poop bags, treats, and cards from walkers/trainers in every coat and pants pocket. I also have 'dog pants'
3. I look forward to crappy weather because it means the only other dog people I will see in the park are fellow husky owners.
4. I can carry on a full conversation while on a walk (frequently interrupted with ah ah), without losing the thread of what we were talking about.
5. I can no longer finish a full episode of any TV show without getting interrupted.
6. I have become an extremely patient person. I can now stand calmly for as long as it takes to make it through a husky tantrum.
7. I meditate. Seriously, I do.
8. I have a whole new social circle who I love dearly, and get more unsolicited advice, comments, and compliments that I ever thought possible from jaded New Yawka's.
9. I laugh every day, cry at least once a month, feel proud when he makes progress, cry out in pain when I step on a bone he has left next to the bed, and almost have a heart attack when he does the same thing with a squeaky toy.
10. I have totally altered major life plans to figure out when I can get number 2.
11. I wake up every day looking forward to my morning greeting from a groggy puppy, rush home from work to get jumped on, and miss him when I'm not at home. Nothing makes me happier than the closeness I share with my little monkey bud and a little puppy snuggle. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rundown
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: 10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)   10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Nice thread! I can definatly relate with a few of these!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: 10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)   10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Hopefully others will share too. Smile
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: 10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)   10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:24 pm

This is a nice thread! I can relate to quite a few. Especially the patience, and I was just thinking on our way to the dog park during lunch, that I couldn't wait to run into a husky or two there cause no one else would dare to be out. And of course there was one there, and we never run into another husky around here, so that was fun. I figured the snow had to bring them out! I'll try to think of some on my own too. They just have changed me so much, its hard to think of all of the ways!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: 10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)   10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm

I know my hubby and I were talking about Dizzy's little quicks as we were falling asleep last night, and the last thing I said before I drifted off to sleep was, "He really has changed my life."
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: 10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)   10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:38 pm

For me:

They have made me step out of my comfort zone, and try new things. For example: skijoring!

They have made it so I can't exercise in my living room, unless I want a husky nose in my butt or one of them crawling under me, or shoving their tennis balls in my face to play.

When I was in middle school, my best friend had a husky and I always thought it was gross to be at her house, because of all the hair and how it would get on my clothes. I definitely don't have that opinion anymore Smile

They consume a lot of my thoughts a lot of the time. Always making sure they are happy and healthy. I wouldn't have it any other way though!

I plan my life around what is best for us as a little family.

I've become this crazy over protective person. I don't like when anyone messes with my dogs or says anything about them.

And of course our bond like Jen mentioned. I love that I can't wait to get home or wake up and get to cuddle with my boys.

They have made me LOVE winter. I never really cared for the snow or anything, but they have given me a new appreciation for it.

Plus a million more ways, that I can't even think to type!
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: 10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)   10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Aw this is so cute, I can absolutely relate because Orion has absolutely changed my life Smile

1. My personal space is now non existent - from the moment he came home Orion has been under my feet and in my face
2. My down time activities have changed dramatically, my fun things now revolve around hiking, agility, and involvement with my local dog club (and I unashamedly love it all)
3. I recently realized that my internet favorites have gone from baking blogs, design sites and home renovation to all things dog related. No kidding I have everything from dog accessories to training tips  Embarassed 
4. I have a whole new group of friends I never thought I would - people who just like me are as involved with their dogs as I am, they are all wonderful people.
5. I have poop bags and Lint rollers everywhere! In every bag, every pocket, in every spare drawer in the house, in my car, in my desk drawer at work just everywhere and I have found I am now that person who will hand out poop bags to other dog owner I come across who are clearly not intending to pick up their dogs poopy
6. The best part of my day is coming home knowing when I step through the door he will be there wagging his tail just waiting :)people who scorn me for cherishing my dog cannot say their kids are happy to see them every time they walk through a door.
7. The range of emotional responses he provokes in me is ridiculous, I am fiercely protective of him, he make me laugh daily, I have slid down walls defeated and in tears frequently, and I have never been so proud as  the other night when he executed a perfect away and recall (yes I am aware how sad that is)
8. I have given up my back garden to keep him happy - as someone who dearly loves gardening and had put so many hours into my garden this was kind of heartbreaking but a full cottage style garden and a husky was not feasible.
9. My next car purchase and more importantly our next house will purchased with him (and his future buddy) in mind we always planned to stay in town now we are seriously considering buying a lifestyle block.
10. Last but certainly not least he has made me get on with my life. Having chronic pain which can be triggered by exercise meant I have not been particularly active the last few years, but now I would sooner get outdoors with him deal with the consequences than I would mollycoddle myself. He turned out to be a benefit that far outweighed my negatives Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)   10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11) EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 12:54 am

Awe I loved reading through these!

Here are some for me:

1. I have never felt so many emotions in my life. I've been so angry, happy, sad, and everything else in-between thanks to him.
2. Money. I have none now. I have a couple of bucks extra from my pay checks and I end up taking him to Petsmart and spending them lol.
3. All my clothes has fur and I've accepted that. I have one lint roller at home and I don't even use it much.
4. I've learned to ignore people complimenting my dog on walks. Seriously though, most people stop to see him. I just smile, say thanks, and keep walking.
5. I too have grown more patient. Instead of wanting to tear my hairs out I've learned to breathe in and out.
6. I think of my future (school, living, etc.) always involving him and what I would do to make sure he can come with.
7. I always expect my psycho at the door to start doing zoomies while wooing as soon as I open the door.
8. I've learned to share my bed. A queen size barely fits us both since he thinks sleeping horizontally is best.
9. I can no longer say the words ''park,'' ''let's go,'' ''walk,'' or ''Petsmart'' without having a fur ball scram over to me and stare at me.
10. I've become much more active myself thanks to his need for exercise.

I love my Sasquatch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)   10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11) Empty

Back to top Go down

10 Ways My Husky Changed My Life (okay 11)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1