|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Denver, CO
|Subject: Re: Green Eyes? Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:00 am|| |
- @seattlesibe wrote:
- I was hoping you'd notice. I actually had to look it up, but it is TOTALLY me.
Woah, did I teach you a new word?!
Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook
"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been." -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"
Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014
Join date : 2013-09-24
Location : Melbourne, Australia
|Subject: Re: Green Eyes? Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:58 am|| |
My boy has both parti eyes - one is blue/brown and other is brown/green (though I also heard not possible in Sibes?). This picture is not the best as the green in his left eye is a lot more prominent but that's the best I have for now (taken with my phone). His left eye looks literally like a mish mash of two colours.
Join date : 2013-03-29
Location : SW Missouri
|Subject: Re: Green Eyes? Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:29 pm|| |
Interesting. I can't really see it in the picture but it sounds neat.
It sounds like green is possible, then, if only a mix of brown and blue pigments? I just keep wondering if these dogs I saw were mixed with something but I can't even think of any dogs that have green eyes. Then again all I have known for the past 12 years are huskies...lol
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Wyoming
|Subject: Re: Green Eyes? Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:23 pm|| |
Generally green eyes in husky are referred to as hazel, a mixture of blue and brown, just as hazel eyes in humans are
. while perhaps not as common as straight blue or brown is can and does occur in Siberian huskies.
In regards to black eye color in purebred Siberians, I would say that individual needs to learn more about the breed.
Join date : 2013-11-23
|Subject: Re: Green Eyes? Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:08 pm|| |
- @Wy Renegade wrote:
- I would say that individual needs to learn more about the breed.
I really want to use this for a variety of situations: "I would say that individual needs to learn more about _____."
|Subject: Re: Green Eyes? || |
|» The Desert Pack|
by TwisterII Yesterday at 10:11 am
» Hi! New owner to a husky puppy.
by HuskyMomma89 Yesterday at 3:40 am
» Hiking with Dogs: Cape Horn, WA
by TwisterII Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:26 am
» How often do you let out your Huskies to pee?
by aljones Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:10 pm
» Try to Do a Guy a Favor...
by aljones Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:56 pm
» Recall Information
by aljones Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:02 pm
» Hoo Flung Doo
by TwisterII Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:23 am
» New Husky mix
by Kavik_the_Havoc Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:52 pm
» Introducing a new puppy
by Lostmaniac Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:36 pm
» Hi names bill
by Kavik_the_Havoc Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:39 pm
» Does your husky howl?
by Kavik_the_Havoc Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:33 pm
» My Husky will not eat!
by TwisterII Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:23 pm
» Dog food and the FDA
by Lostmaniac Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:13 pm
» Reverse Sneezing
by jalepeno Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:15 pm
» Help, husky has weird itch at the end of a walk?!
by Lostmaniac Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:43 pm
» Soft Stool/Diarrhea
by Liv_Skye Sat May 29, 2021 7:02 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by RedFlashFire05 Sat May 29, 2021 2:25 pm
» Any Pedigree nerds out there?
by bella99 Fri May 28, 2021 11:28 am
» Togo's Life Yason Spark
by Lostmaniac Mon May 24, 2021 1:09 pm
» Hair Loss - a lot
by sibmom Fri May 21, 2021 6:26 pm