It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... Empty
PostSubject: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:19 pm

meet zoey! she's a 4.5 month old akc sable girl Smile

we decided it was way to risky to get Karma with her being so far away, and never had met her before. the breeder wasn't willing to meet her halfway unless we paid her :rolleyes: i also started looking up about her cause she seemed sketchy, well apparently a good number of her sibes have health problems :unsure:

we went up to meet her this afternoon, her and Embry hit it off right away Very Happy and they're still going!
we spent all afternoon with her at her familys farm, got to meet her littermate and mommy Smile
she's definitely unsure of the cat, she really wants to chase him, but i can tell her intentions aren't to harm him, she just wants to play.
she's such a little lover :wub: all she wants to do is sit on you and give you lots of kisses!
she fit in right away, never minded being gone from her family, she's currently asleep on embrys bed Smile and embry on ours
she's also pretty big for 4 months, she's 30lbs Smile oh and she's teething, so embrys face has blood on it Laughing

And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3705
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3665
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3666
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3672
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3673
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3686
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3687
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3688
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3689
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3701
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3710
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3711

she's definitely worn him down 🤣 SUCCESS!
 And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... DSCN3678
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:21 pm

She's GORGEOUS! What a little sweetheart Smile Congratulations!

And good for you for making the tough decision. I can't imagine what you must have gone through, but it sounds like it was for the best!

Welcome Zoey Smile

And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:29 pm

OMG OMG OMG SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH HER!!!! You can see in her face what a sweetie she is! Embry looks so happy too!!!! Awwwwwww totally meant to be! Congrats!!!!!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Koda wrote:
She's GORGEOUS! What a little sweetheart Smile Congratulations!

And good for you for making the tough decision. I can't imagine what you must have gone through, but it sounds like it was for the best!

Welcome Zoey Smile
Thanks Smile
it was definitely quite the decision, it was just so risky when there was no way to meet karma before we took her home, and every time i mentioned meeting up first she would start telling me that if i'm not going to really take her, she'll give me my money back and just being unfriendly!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
it was definitely quite the decision, it was just so risky when there was no way to meet karma before we took her home, and every time i mentioned meeting up first she would start telling me that if i'm not going to really take her, she'll give me my money back and just being unfriendly!
Rolling Eyes Totally sketchy if you ask me. I would have backed out too. You have another dog for goodness sake! What happens if they didn't along?! She should have DEMANDED that you meet up beforehand. I'm glad you went with someone else! Good for you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Koda wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
Rolling Eyes Totally sketchy if you ask me. I would have backed out too. You have another dog for goodness sake! What happens if they didn't along?! She should have DEMANDED that you meet up beforehand. I'm glad you went with someone else! Good for you Very Happy
yeah i know right! i was completely baffled when she was saying that to me! i was like wouldn't you want to know how they got alone too?! she was like well i have other homes that would take her with no other pets so whatever Shocked

unfortunately we didn't get to rescue one though, Zoey was from a local breeder 20min away that i never knew existed! she was returned by a woman who bought her a few months ago but couldn't handle a husky puppy Rolling Eyes but now i got a cute puppy whose completely vaccinated Smile yay!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:42 pm

She really is beautiful!! Such a pretty face! Congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
unfortunately we didn't get to rescue one though, Zoey was from a local breeder 20min away that i never knew existed! she was returned by a woman who bought her a few months ago but couldn't handle a husky puppy Rolling Eyes but now i got a cute puppy whose completely vaccinated Smile yay!
Sounds like a rescue to me Smile Breeder rehomes are rescues too! I'm sure you must have paid a fee, but with the vaccines, etc... it's still cheaper than buying a puppy outright and you're further along in potty training. Smile

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Koda wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
Sounds like a rescue to me Smile Breeder rehomes are rescues too! I'm sure you must have paid a fee, but with the vaccines, etc... it's still cheaper than buying a puppy outright and you're further along in potty training. Smile
definitely true, she's almost complete housebroken, she's crate trained and she knows a few commands.
we paid $300 for her, decided not to get the akc paperwork, might later but i don't have intentions that would cause me to need them Smile but we did get her pedigree
so now all she needs is to be spayed!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:02 pm

I think you got yourself a rescue then Smile Rescues come in all different shapes, sizes and price tags!

She's seriously gorgeous! I'm so happy for you! Welcome to the Multiple Husky Club! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Very Happy thanks!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:10 pm

Awww! Congats! Don't worry she's way cuter than Karma. Wink You made the right decision for sure! They look like they are going to be best friends. She's so pretty!

When I was first looking for a husky I had a similar experience with a breeder. I wanted to see if the husky, 2.5yr old female, would be alright with my cats. I asked the lady that if she wasn't good with them if I could take her back and get a refund and she said "no!" That was the last time I talked to her. Some people are just in it for the money unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
tdanielle
Newborn
Newborn
tdanielle

Female Join date : 2010-12-03

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Shes adorable ! Quite the little catch you've got there..And I agree Embry looks so happy with her, you definitely made a great decision with that sweetheart
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Dang you for feeding my red sled idea. I'm just not sure I could handle multiple Huskies. Great find and perfect outcome!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:12 pm

Love her love her love her!!!!!!! I bet thets what sierra looked like as a pup! Congrats!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Jenn that was my first thought too! Razz Jennet, she is gorgeous! Congratulations on the new edition! Embry looks like he already loves her. I hope when I get my female Koda warms up to her quickly! He's a mamas boy and I think he will be sad about sharing me a bit. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....    And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing..... Empty

Back to top Go down

And The Decision Has Been Made. Introducing.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1