It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kudos to Ami!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Kudos to Ami! Empty
PostSubject: Kudos to Ami!   Kudos to Ami! EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:20 pm

We went away overnight Friday, brought Ami with us and stayed in a hotel. He was one excited puppy. We arrived mid-evening so his walk was abbreviated (also, we got caught in the rain and my rain stuff was back at the hotel Mad ) Being a husky, being only 19 mos. old, being all new environment, being not fully exercised, I expected him to be a total handful. Long story short, the next morning, management complemented me on "such a well-behaved dog Shocked " (He does tend to either sit or lay down and wait patiently when I am talking to people.)

However - they weren't in the room lol! Husband was laying on the bed, reading the newspaper. Or trying to. Ami leaped up on the bed, went into play bow, started "husky talk", leaped off the bed, ran to the door, zoomed around, leaped back on the bed and proceeded to have a major attack of the zoomies in the middle of husband's newspaper. Husband was laughing so hard, his face was beet red with tears running down his face. I explained the "zoomie" phenomenon, which tickled husband even more. Ami then went into MAJOR husky speak - I've been wanting him to talk more for so long and now, at 11:30 at night, in a hotel, he finds his voice Kudos to Ami! 1625187496  I put him in his crate, which lasted 5 seconds 'cause once he pawed at the crate, husband said "let him out, I don't want him to feel like he's in jail!" (I think I've mentioned before, hubby is a gentle sweetheart with unusual compassion.)

So, we did not get a whole lot of sleep. Ami slept on the bottom of the bed. Ami slept on the floor at the foot of the bed. Ami slept by the door. Repeat. Ad infinitum. And then, hotel staff started setting up breakfast buffet at 4:22 AM. In the lobby. Outside our door. And dropped something metal. Which woke Ami up. And Ami found his voice.

So guess who's walking the dog at 4:30 in the morning in a strange city Mad 

After we delivered hubby to his meeting, we went back to the room - I turned on the tub water to fill Ami's water bucket. Well, the big boy thought the running water was really, really cool bounce Jumped in the tub, started lapping at the water. I thought, why not - maybe a bath? Wellll - not my best idea Rolling Eyes After about 3 inches of water, Ami starts madly digging at the water in the corner of the tub. Leaps out of the tub, zoomies around this little bathroom, leaps back into the tub, digs some more, leaps out of the tub. Repeat. About 3 more times. Before I got a hold on the mad beastie boy. And an inch of water on the floor. Fortunately a vinyl floor. Used up all the towels to clean up the mess. But not before Mr. Dog leaped into the bed that I was going to nap in Mad 

Sooo..after cleaning up, packing up (having to walk around the block after every item taken from room to car), we had a very uneventful ride home. Mr. Dog slept like a rock, only awakening to share in the snacks when they appeared.

I do want to say - the staff at Red Roof Inn were great - everybody petted Ami (after asking Smile ), were very welcoming of the dog. Apparently every Red Roof Inn welcomes pets at no additional charge. And the rooms are quite dog friendly - vinyl flooring except for small amount of carpet beside the bed. They even have a pamphlet on traveling with dog and what to bring. And the DQ we stopped at gave as a freebie cup of vanilla ice cream for Mr. Dog.

A nice, quick trip. Went so well, we'll do it again - if we can get the sleep thing fixed Laughing 
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Kudos to Ami! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kudos to Ami!   Kudos to Ami! EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:36 pm

Haha. That is a trip! I can just imagine the laugh fest that he brought to you guys that night.

Mishka's first stay in the hotel wasn't the nicest thing ever. I keep bringing him out to walk because he would go scratch at the door. He hates closed doors and to him I think the hotel room was like being locked inside of a room (well it is), so he wanted to go "outside". So barely any sleep and he wouldn't settle very well. Thankfully it was just one night.  lol! 

Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

Kudos to Ami! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kudos to Ami!   Kudos to Ami! EmptyMon May 12, 2014 1:30 am

That makes me want to take a trip with my dogs. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen till next winter. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Kudos to Ami! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kudos to Ami!   Kudos to Ami! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kudos to Ami!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-