It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Empty
PostSubject: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:37 am

The grand-puppy is here for a few days.  Both dogs are delighted and yesterday afternoon we had a brief respite from the rain.  The heat and humidity were another story so I brought out the wading pool.  Archer has a short coat (and his paperwork has his rabies shot down in Missouri so he is a southern dog) and he is not bothered nearly as much as my woolly Ami.  They had a wonderful romp in the backyard and we had a ball watching them:

Meet and greet at the water cooler:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0040

Let the games begin:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0033

And around and around and around they go:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0037

And a new direction:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0039

The little guy drives me crazy - dumps the water bowl every time - Ami just wants a drink, it's hot out and he's showing it.
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0035

Archer loves to maul Ami - who just takes it all in stride with a happy smile:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0112

And it's back to the chase:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0111

And then some pool time:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0038

Archer really likes the pool - gets right down in it:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0036

And then he notices his tail - round and round and round after that tail:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0034

Time to maul Ami again:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0112

And look:  Ami has a tail, too!
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0113

Archer thinks Ami is just a big chew toy:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0110

A very hot, tired dog, grateful for his spot under the oak tree at the end of an interlude:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0114

A not so happy pup, tethered to let the furry beast recover:
An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Img_0116

Needless to say - no boat work was done...as was little else!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:46 am

Wow! Is it just me or is Archer growing like a weed? Gotta love that puppy playfulness. Ami looks like a saint putting up with all that mauling.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:51 am

TwisterII wrote:
Wow! Is it just me or is Archer growing like a weed? Gotta love that puppy playfulness. Ami looks like a saint putting up with all that mauling.

Not just you - it's been almost 3 weeks since he got here and I think he's almost double in size! And yes - we were talking last night about renaming Ami - from Prince Ami to Saint Ami Laughing Poor boy was really struggling with the heat and puppy antics (later, in the cool of the evening, Ami gave the little whippersnapper a run for his money - sort of a "now let's see what you've got Twisted Evil - then it was the little guy, seeking refuge between my legs, panting and looking for a rest!)
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

Male Join date : 2013-12-27

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:56 am

Aw thats so cute! I wish Nala got along with other dogs that much! she is just so territorial ERG! anyways what kind of pup is archer?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 12:23 pm

RachelNala1694 wrote:
Aw thats so cute! I wish Nala got along with other dogs that much! she is just so territorial ERG! anyways what kind of pup is archer?

He's supposed to be part husky - the rest, I dunno. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 12:41 pm

he looks husky maybe lab mix?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:00 pm

that's what I've been thinking. Son was wondering if maybe rottie. He absolutely loves the water - rolls in it, splashes, digs, lays right down just like a lab. The little scrap is strong as an ox - pulls really hard. Does have double coat but outer coat is quite short and sleek. Beginning to get "pants" His foster mom told my son she thought he looked full siberian but I really doubt it - his hind end looks more rottie/doberman kind of dog. And his face is a bit too blocky, I'm thinking.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:05 pm

DNA test are about $65 if you really want to know Smile love the pics!

Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:32 pm

yeah he looks a majority of husky hes beautiful though!!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:35 pm

jbealer wrote:
DNA test are about $65 if you really want to know Smile  love the pics!

I've suggested that to son - he's not really interested. Kind of likes the mystery. I like the purebred. Siberian doesn't bark - the shrimp does Mad It's all moot, anyway - the pup is great with Ami, great with people and cute as a button with those ridiculous ears Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer   An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer Empty

Back to top Go down

An Afternoon in June with Ami and Archer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1