It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

We're baccckkkk!!!! :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  Empty
PostSubject: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:00 am

Hello all!!! It's been about 6 months since I've been on here. Lots of stuff has been going on and life has been hectic. Now that the kids are done school I have time to breathe, at least for now. We're expecting baby #3 in September so my relaxation period will be short lived.

Now for husky update! Caoimhe is doing well, almost 11 months old  Shocked  Where has the time gone?! She is very mellow and a really good girl in general. We are actually able to leave her out of her crate now if we are gone for a few hours and she doesn't touch a thing. She went through her first heat cycle in March/April so we will be getting her spayed probably by the end of summer/early fall. She's almost 40 lbs now. I will post pictures when I am at my home computer. Those who I am friends with on FB have seen them already Smile We will be looking to add a second pup next summer after we move. So I'm on the hunt and researching breeders once again. Caoimhe's breeder has a little gray and white male that I want sooooo badly but new puppy+ new baby= bad idea for me lol.

Anyway, hope everyone has been awesome and doggies are doing well. Can't wait to catch up on pictures and stories to see how everyone has grown and changed! Missed being part of this community!  I love you 
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:22 am

Aw! Yay! I can't wait to see pix of Caoimhe! I always bother Liz and as how she's doing. Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:29 am

WOOHOO!!! I can't tell you how much we've missed you! Jen's right -- I've been getting requests for updates on Caoimhe right and left. Wink

Can't wait to see new pics -- we're going to have to think about planning a get-together for the girls' first birthday, no?
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:36 am

BTW, as for breeders, Kiana Siberians has a few litters due in September and will probably plan at least one for next year (some of her dogs are getting up there in age). One of the litters was supposed to be due this month but it didn't take so she's going to try again. Corina just had Human Baby No. 2 herself. I met her in person last month at a dog show when she was nine months pregnant, haha. She still did Rally with one of the dogs and they won!

Also, check out Sibersong (where Arrow came from). She may have something planned for next year. Unless you're planning to go the show-line route this time?

Sounds like Caoimhe and Layla are quite similar in temperament -- both mellow. And I totally agree with you that some of those pups in Rachel's two recent litters are so tempting! I made a thread here for weekly photo updates so we can all gush over them and pick our favorites based on the pictures like we did before, haha.

EDIT: Just checked out Fort Illio Kennels' site. If the page is up to date, it looks like they have a litter planned for spring of 2015 (?): http://www.fortilliokennels.com/Litters1.html
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 am

I spoke with Corina via email, but I'm going to hold off, although she's top 5 on my breeders list. I've been stalking her website religiously. Rachel and I talked about what her possible plans are for next year, so we'll see. When I picked Caoimhe up from her Saturday I so wanted to snuggle some puppies. Boomer from Kermit x Arrow is my favorite!! Capella 2.0 from Kuba xTrigger is adorable as well. I'm thinking I want a male though. It would be cool to have a half sibling for our girls. We are absolutely going to half to plan a 1st bday get together for them! I wish we knew where the other pups went Sad

Oh trust me, I've been all over Sibersong, Fort Illio, Kryska. I'm still so totally in love with Vanaca Siberians, but I need to be realistic that getting to Canada for a pup is not going to happen. I LOVE THEM THOUGH. So beautiful

Jenn- I've been stalking Nando sibes too and think of Dizzy. He's SO big!!!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:10 am

Ha ha, he looks big, but only weighs 48 lbs at the moment, although he should be closer to 51. He has lost some weight recently. If you want a show line pup, send me a pm, I'm not sure I would go back to Nando. Mostly because the pups are raised in a traditional kennel type situation, whereas, next time I want one that is raised in the house. Nothing against Nancy, but Diz was like a little wild animal when I brought him home. It would have been nice if he had some house manners...

Just out of curiosity, do you know why Rachel repeats puppy names? Seems like that would get confusing over time when she's developing her breeding lines...
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:17 am

She did Kermit x Arrow because it was the same parents as the last litter. I guess she figures their names got changed anyway? Kuba is sister to Roxanne (Layla and Caoimhe's mom) SO maybe same idea. I agree though, confusing for those who know the previous litters.

I will PM you about show pups!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:21 am

Oh boy, a little splash coat female! SO tempting... I kind of want a piebald for the next one... I think they are so cute!
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:22 am

The one she had last year.. Apollo, was piebald. I wanted him, and I'm not even that big a fan of pies, but he was adorable.
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

Male Join date : 2013-12-27

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:23 am

Welcome back Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:53 am

Darren doesn't like that Rachel repeated the names for both litters, either. It is kind of confusing but all the pups she sold before probably all have new names now, and I don't believe she repeated the names of pups she kept from each of the previous litters, so it doesn't bother me too much. I would like to see new names, though, since they can get really creative!
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:02 am

I got confused for a second I seen my named and was like what'd I do! LOL
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:10 am

Ohh, haha, sorry! Rachel's the owner of Kennedy Sleddogs, where Cortnie and I both got our pups -- Caoimhe and Layla are littermates. Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:20 am

I really like Kiana's dogs a lot. I'd love to have one from the litter you're waiting for Liz. Alas, our second one is a ways away though.
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:20 am

Oh wow very cool! Smile I wish I knew who Nala's littermates were her brothers were so fluffy compared to her I'd love to see them now two years later!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:29 am

wpskier222 wrote:
I really like Kiana's dogs a lot. I'd love to have one from the litter you're waiting for Liz. Alas, our second one is a ways away though.

I've always heard such great things about Corina and Scott's dogs. Rachel (Layla's breeder) says you can't find better-temperament Sibes out there. Some of those dogs Corina is comfortable to bring out with her off leash, and several of them are titled in both show and sledding events. I also like how her dogs have more diverse colorings, markings and patterns than the typical image of a Sibe many people have in their minds.

When we first were looking for a pup before we got Layla I had contacted Corina about a gray female she had at the time named Ariel. It didn't work out because another family got her before we had the chance to come visit, but it all turned out for the best. In fact, we coincidentally met the family that got Ariel, since our families are both Boston Snow Dogs members! Ariel's turned out to be a really great girl and the family now has a second Kiana pup as well.

I'm so excited for the litter we're on the waiting list for (Vince x Circe)! It's still pretty far off but fingers crossed all goes well.
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 1:17 pm

The Vince x Circle litter is the one I can't wait to see. Trigger is such a love bug and I really like that Corina shows and works the dogs. 85% sure I will probably wind up going with her, but looking at all the breeders is so tempting.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 1:32 pm

I know, I've got a folder full of sledding-kennel bookmarks that I check at least once a week these days, haha.

BTW, you beat us to the punch with boarding Caoimhe with Rachel -- we're going on vacation in late August and we plan on talking to Rachel about boarding Layla there. I'll bet Caoimhe had a blast running around with all the pups and seeing her parents again. It's like she had her own little vacation! The pics Rachel posted on FB are stunning!
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 1:34 pm

She did have her own vacation. Apparently her and Starbuck were best buddies. She's the only person I would feel comfortable leaving Caoimhe with for a week. Rachel said she looks great and acts great, which made me happy to hear, because obviously I think she's awesome lol.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Hey, welcome back and congrats on the soon to be addition to your family! I'm getting a new niece at the beginning of September as well Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Welcome back and congratulations!
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:39 am

Welcome Back  wave 
I totally understand the puppy fever lol Orion's breeder has pups at the moment and she is only 5 minutes away so it is soooo hard visiting and not taking one home Smile they are adorable!
Congratulations on the impending arrival as well!
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:09 am

Thanks everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:36 am

Cortnie, I just thought of a question for you about Caoimhe's time at Rachel's. Did she sleep indoors in her crate or out with the dogs? I would worry that if we have Layla inside in her crate she might wake folks up with her howling at 6:30 a.m., haha (though I'm sure Rachel's used to getting up early). Luckily we've been able to ignore it for now with the AC on full blast in our room. Razz
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:58 am

Rachel asked me how she would do in a crate, and I told her that she would freak out. It turned out that the day after we dropped her off Kuba whelped her pups so Rachel didn't have any other dogs in the house besides Arrow, Kuba and Trigger. Rachel said Caoimhe did just fine tied out to one of the houses in the yard! I was a little nervous how she'd do since she sleeps in our room or with one of the kids usually.

Last edited by ccurran07 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're baccckkkk!!!! :)    We're baccckkkk!!!! :)  Empty

Back to top Go down

We're baccckkkk!!!! :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-