It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

DIY Puzzle Toy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 11:18 am

My mother-in-law shared this video on FB or a puzzle toy I may try to build for Kenzi. My only concern is that she might not have the patience for it. I figured I would share it with all of you in case some hadn't seen it before. I never know how far stuff travels on FB.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 12:12 pm

This is so cool - I've been thinking of some sort of puzzle food toy for Ami for when we eat dinner (husband likes dog's company but Mr. Dog likes our dinner plates Laughing )
Back to top Go down
kylah2013
Teenager
Teenager
kylah2013

Female Join date : 2014-02-18

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:32 pm

this looks so fun!
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:42 pm

Never work. A husky will knock it over, chew apart the bottle, and then enjoy the treats; then pee on your bed because you are such an ass!
Does look cool.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Hughie wrote:
Never work.  A husky will knock it over, chew apart the bottle, and then enjoy the treats; then pee on your bed because you are such an ass!
Does look cool.

You do have a way with words lol! 

Maybe son's kitty is part husky?
Back to top Go down
counter
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-03-24

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Hughie wrote:
Never work.  A husky will knock it over, chew apart the bottle, and then enjoy the treats; then pee on your bed because you are such an ass!
Does look cool.

I was about to say!...

My dogs are too smart (or maybe too dumb) to be fooled! Ha. They would just chew through the bottom of each bottle to get to the treats.

Great video though. Had me laughing out loud, imagining what my dogs would do!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 7:12 pm

I think Diz would just give up and flirt with me, and is that didn't work, he'd put himself to bed and look all sad.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 7:50 pm

I think Bode would love this. He absolutely loves his Kong Wobbler, and I think this is the same idea.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 am

I actually saw that and thought I should try to make that for my dogs. I have a puzzle toy and my aussie and aussie husky pick up the "top cover" piece that hides the treat eats the treat and then chews on the cover piece. Now Bourbon he looks at it and does the toy but so fast then looks at me like I am an A$$ for being so lame and then pouts while looking for a chew toy! Let me know if anyone does this and I so want to try. (it will probably come down to if I feel like trying or if I ask my wood worker father to do it for Xmas!)

capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:40 am

We don't really drink soda so we don't have those kinds of bottles around the house but we drink lots of bottled water so maybe those would work. My husband dabbles in carpentry and loves to tinker so I'm sure he'd love to make something like this for Layla!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:39 am

I figured if I made it I would probably do each bottle at a different difficulty level by puting the dowel down farther in the bottle to make an easier one for them to flip just to get their interest since Kenzi is the type if it takes too long she will just give up (and yes, maybe destroy when I'm not looking) so one easy one to get her going then the other a little harder (mounted higher in bottle).

Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:34 am

That is a great idea you could also make the hole larger or smaller so that the spin is different or weight the bottom of the bottle a bit would change the difficulty too!

Ellie347
Newborn
Newborn
Ellie347

Female Join date : 2013-11-12

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:38 am

Hey guys, I saw this post on Friday and said I need to make this for Ellie so I grabbed some wood laying around my parents house and put one together. I think it's now become her favorite game since she lays by it once I put it away. She's too smart though so the difficulty needs to be increased. At one point, she laid down, flipped the bottle over with her head where the bottle then rested upside down against her and all the treats came out.  DIY Puzzle Toy 1625187496 I will try and post some pictures later today. Thanks for the awesome idea for the toy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DIY Puzzle Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Puzzle Toy   DIY Puzzle Toy Empty

Back to top Go down

DIY Puzzle Toy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1