It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ICRedz
Puppy
Puppy
ICRedz

Female Join date : 2013-11-23

the weigh in - Weigh in... Empty
PostSubject: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 2:05 am

This is an interesting (and intimidating) thread! We've only weighed him on occasion, but Achilles was 15lbs at 9 weeks, and was 19.6lbs on Monday (12.5 weeks). I know he's going to be big, but he seems huge compared to some of the other pups in here! It's nice to see that he's close to Siku's growth pattern (if not, slightly smaller).
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 3:57 pm

50.4 at 14 months
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Hollyfrost wrote:
Birth weight: 550g/1.2 pounds
4 weeks: 2.8 kg/6.2 pounds
8 weeks: 6.6 kg/14.5 pounds
9 weeks: 7.7 kg/17 pounds
10 weeks: 8.8 kg/19.4 pounds
11 weeks: 9.7 kg/21.4 pounds
12 weeks: 10.5 kg/23 pounds
14 weeks: 12 kg/26.5 pounds
16 weeks: 13.5 kg/29.7 pounds
17 weeks: 14.5 kg/32 pounds
18 weeks: 15.4 kg/34 pounds
19 weeks: 15.8 kg/34.8 pounds
20 weeks: 16.5 kg/36.3 pounds
21 weeks: 16.8 kg/37 pounds

Rosko's weigh ins so far, does it look normal? Any guess on what he might end up at?

At 9 weeks Diz was 13.9 (i think) at 21 weeks he was 31 and at 10.5 months he was 47.3. I'm taking him in on Saturday for a shot so I'm curious what his current weight is. I would get he won't be over 49-52 at his healthiest adult weight. My guess is Rosko will be on the bigger side of the standard, but still within standard.
Back to top Go down
Nava_Ki
Newborn
Newborn
Nava_Ki

Female Join date : 2014-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Nava:

8 weeks - 10.2 lbs
11 weeks - 16.8 lbs
14 weeks- 20.8 lbs
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Hollyfrost wrote:
Birth weight: 550g/1.2 pounds
4 weeks: 2.8 kg/6.2 pounds
8 weeks: 6.6 kg/14.5 pounds
9 weeks: 7.7 kg/17 pounds
10 weeks: 8.8 kg/19.4 pounds
11 weeks: 9.7 kg/21.4 pounds
12 weeks: 10.5 kg/23 pounds
14 weeks: 12 kg/26.5 pounds
16 weeks: 13.5 kg/29.7 pounds
17 weeks: 14.5 kg/32 pounds
18 weeks: 15.4 kg/34 pounds
19 weeks: 15.8 kg/34.8 pounds
20 weeks: 16.5 kg/36.3 pounds
21 weeks: 16.8 kg/37 pounds

Rosko's weigh ins so far, does it look normal? Any guess on what he might end up at?

Wow this makes me think Simon is kind of small. At 8 weeks he was 10 lbs and at 14 weeks he was 15 lbs. But he has felt really heavy recently I might take him to the vet just for a weigh in or visit one of my friends that has a scale.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 1:24 pm

n/t n/t

Last edited by Hollyfrost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Yeah digger doesnt seem to be growing as much now but im fine with that as he is basically The same size as keyto already so if he were to keep growing as fast as he has been he would end up far too big
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 3:59 am

Today, a week shy of his 1 year birthday, he was 48.1. The vet said he thought he was a bit thin, so to me that means he's just right. Vets seem to like dogs overweight, whereas I prefer mine to be lean. Diz hasn't really gained much since he was 7-8 months. I think at 7 months he was 46. I think he will fill out a bit more but not much. I think I'm gonna have a 50 lb male. Smile
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:08 am

Hey, I got one. ain't so bad Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:28 pm

27.9 lbs at almost 22 weeks. Honestly I was hoping that he would've had a growth spurt by now and have already hit the 30 lbs mark, but whatever. Neutral (His last weigh in was about 7 weeks ago and he weighed around 20 lbs then...)
Back to top Go down
ICRedz
Puppy
Puppy
ICRedz

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:32 pm

AMB wrote:
27.9 lbs at almost 22 weeks. Honestly I was hoping that he would've had a growth spurt by now and have already hit the 30 lbs mark, but whatever. Neutral(His last weigh in was about 7 weeks ago and he weighed around 20 lbs then...)

It's like we're betting on our puppies' growth rates to see who will come out on top. xD
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:37 pm

ICRedz wrote:

AMB wrote:
27.9 lbs at almost 22 weeks. Honestly I was hoping that he would've had a growth spurt by now and have already hit the 30 lbs mark, but whatever. Neutral(His last weigh in was about 7 weeks ago and he weighed around 20 lbs then...)

It's like we're betting on our puppies' growth rates to see who will come out on top. xD

Indeed, we could always cheat if things get too competitive and start feeding them fried food. (Think deep fried TOTW. xD ) But in retrospect that might not be the best idea ever. Wink
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:44 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Hey, I got one.  ain't so bad Smile

Nope. Not bad at all. Love this litter monster in all his 48.1 lb glory. I'll just keep my eye on Link since apparently they are clones.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Hollyfrost wrote:

wpskier222 wrote:

At 9 weeks Diz was 13.9 (i think) at 21 weeks he was 31 and at 10.5 months he was 47.3. I'm taking him in on Saturday for a shot so I'm curious what his current weight is. I would get he won't be over 49-52 at his healthiest adult weight. My guess is Rosko will be on the bigger side of the standard, but still within standard.

Thanks for the input! What makes me ask is the sudden decline in weight gain the last month. I have a friend with a husky who has developed very similarly to Rosko and he was about the same weight as Rosko was at the same age. He's 21 kg now at 1 year and her puppy didn't gain much more after 6 months age. Perhaps that's what will happen to Rosko too, we will see. Smile

I don't think Dizzy has gained much since he was about 7 or 8 months actually. Just couple pounds. During certain growth periods, it seemed like he'd never get to his adult weight. And suddenly he's almost 50 lbs. my how time flies!
Back to top Go down
katty_89
Newborn
Newborn
katty_89

Female Join date : 2013-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 2:04 am

We weighed Axel the other day, two weeks short of 8 months old and he was 18.7kg (or 41.2 lbs). I'm curious how much bigger he will get...  Smile 
Back to top Go down
ICRedz
Puppy
Puppy
ICRedz

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:53 am

katty_89 wrote:
We weighed Axel the other day, two weeks short of 8 months old and he was 18.7kg (or 41.2 lbs). I'm curious how much bigger he will get...  Smile 

When I first read this, I seriously thought you said he was short of eight weeks and it blew my mind that he was that big. Whoops!
Back to top Go down
kylah2013
Teenager
Teenager
kylah2013

Female Join date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:19 am

Kylah is almost 9 months and weighs in at 35lbs.
Back to top Go down
Monika30
Puppy
Puppy
Monika30

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:05 pm

My Polar Bear will be 5 months old in 4 days... He weighs 18.2kgs now which is over a kilo more than my 10.5 month old girl... He will not stop growing Smile I am thinking he will be 25-26 kgs when fully grown...
Back to top Go down
katty_89
Newborn
Newborn
katty_89

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:52 pm

ICRedz wrote:
When I first read this,  I seriously thought you said he was short of eight weeks and it blew my mind that he was that big.  Whoops!

haha! I'd be very scared if he weighed that much at 8 wees  Laughing 

Monika30 wrote:
My Polar Bear will be 5 months old in 4 days... He weighs 18.2kgs now which is over a kilo more than my 10.5 month old girl... He will not stop growing  Smile I am thinking he will be 25-26 kgs when fully grown...

wow! he's a big boy then... he's gorgeous by the way I love you
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 7:45 pm

Digger:

9 weeks: 11lb 4oz (5.1kg)
10 weeks: 14lb 5oz (6.5kg)
11 weeks: 16lb 8oz (7.5kg)
13 weeks: 20lb 13oz (9.4kg)
16 weeks: 35lb 4oz (16kg)
20 weeks: 41lb 14oz (19kg)
Back to top Go down
Monika30
Puppy
Puppy
Monika30

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Thanks Kathy! Polar has started big and I'm hoping he will stop growing soon Smile.
Axel is gorgeous also, love the little booties you got - are they for running? Where did you get them? Smile
Back to top Go down
katty_89
Newborn
Newborn
katty_89

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Aw thanks Smile the booties are just from Ebay! they are more to try protect the brand new floor boards from being scratched up too much  Laughing haha he doesn't really like wearing them though...
Back to top Go down
Monika30
Puppy
Puppy
Monika30

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Hahaha they are super cute Smile I am going to start dry sledding with my Winter as she will be the right age this Autumn so I was looking to get some booties for her Smile I may stick with musher's secret - though it will not protect your floorboard unfortunately Smile I see you in AU - perhaps try proper sledding booties from Australian Dog Sledding Supplies - maybe they will be more comfortable for him to wear?
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 5:33 pm

22 weeks: 17.5 kg/38.6 lbs
23 weeks: 18.1 kg/40 lbs
Back to top Go down
katty_89
Newborn
Newborn
katty_89

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Monika30 wrote:
I see you in AU - perhaps try proper sledding booties from Australian Dog Sledding Supplies - maybe they will be more comfortable for him to wear?

I might have to try something like that... thanks for the suggestion! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   the weigh in - Weigh in... Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next