It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Advice Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Katrena
Newborn
Newborn

Advice Needed Empty
PostSubject: Advice Needed   Advice Needed EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Hey Guys!
My husband and I are getting a Sibe this coming week. It will be the first we have ever had, but I have a lot of experience working with my friend (that's a dog trainer) and having other breeds when I was younger. So lots of resources to abuse! What I was wondering was, there will be an upcoming litter tentatively this coming Jan/Feb. I know Siberians are pack orientated and was wondering what is everyone's opinions on getting two huskies relevantly close together like this? Some of the reasons why I am thinking about do this is to help with high energy and to help socialize them both. Although, I know I will have my hands full no matter what with these pups!

Please let me know what you think. Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Advice Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Needed   Advice Needed EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Welcome Katrena, I'm torn with the issue. My girl will be 2 in November and I think she would benefit with having a new sister. They are a lot of work, husky puppies tend to be difficult, even for the most experience dog owners. I say get the one you have and give it some time, since they are not due until Jan/Feb. Decide a little later on if you can handle these wonderful huskies that close in age.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Advice Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Needed   Advice Needed EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:11 pm

I too would advise waiting. As Renee stated, husky puppies can be difficult. I suggest sticking with just one until you've experienced the bratty teen phase before deciding whether you want to add a second. It also helps if the first is solid in their training before adding that second. My latest mutt came to me devoid of any training and having Kenzi already trained really took down on my work load as I didn't have to try and split time between them or waste time wrangling them both if I was training together. While I too had had many other breeds before I got a husky, none have been anything like my husky as far as challenges go.

Newborn
Newborn

Advice Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Needed   Advice Needed EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Thank you! I feel the same way. I can see benefits, but also the challenges of having two young pups. I'm just excited to be welcoming our new little girl home!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Advice Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Needed   Advice Needed EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:27 pm

When you do bring her home we need pics!! Glad we could help.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Advice Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Needed   Advice Needed EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:31 pm

You're going to have a blast and she is going to keep you so busy all on her own. It'll only get crazier as she gets older and wilder. Once you've got down your routine and have her figured out you'll definitely want another. Just pace yourself. Puppy fever's been pretty hot and heavy around here lately. Even I, who generally stays away from puppies, am kinda wanting a puppy. lol.

Newborn
Newborn

Advice Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Needed   Advice Needed EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:44 pm

Haha thank you! And I will be posting I'm sure! Yes, husky fever is a tough and long battle to face. I'm sure mine will go down as soon as we pick her up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advice Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice Needed   Advice Needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice Needed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1