It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Eye issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eazyb23
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2014-08-16

Eye issue  Empty
PostSubject: Eye issue    Eye issue  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:58 pm

There is like gooey green residue on my dogs eye. Its very hard to clean and its clearly bothering his eyeb he is licku his law and rubbing his eye. Any tips or info on this?

Thank!!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Eye issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye issue    Eye issue  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 7:57 pm

Green usually indicates infection. I would go to a vet to get him examined as he may have scratched his eye or something else may be the issue.

aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Eye issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye issue    Eye issue  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Unless the scratch was infected that shouldn't be the problem, scratches on the cornea in dogs (and humans) normally heal within 24 hours. (Unless, of course, they're *extreme*)

I agree with Ashleigh, though, it sounds like an infection in your dogs eye(s). Should probably see a vet pretty quickly.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Toadzca
Newborn
Newborn
Toadzca

Female Join date : 2014-09-01

Eye issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye issue    Eye issue  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 8:39 pm

I was having a simular issue with our one dog. It wasn't totally green but a little yellow and also really hard to get to cleaned out. I was able to clear it up with some polysporin eye drops and my vet thought it was allergy related. I was giving him benadryl but w/o the drips it didn't seem to make a difference. Now it has completely cleared up w/o drops as it appears it was an allergy of sorts but to his food and the grain that was in it. Hope you are able to figure it out soon.
Back to top Go down
Eazyb23
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2014-08-16

Eye issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye issue    Eye issue  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:19 pm

So I went to the vet about a week ago and he checked his eyes. No scratches or anything serious of that matter. Just maybe an infection he said. He prescribed eye drops that are LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to put in my dogs eyes. Think if you had to connect both positive sides of a magnet. But I managed to put them in once. The green went away. But now its back. I dont know what to do, and feel very bad for my dog. Any tips or suggestions? or maybe this isnt as bad as it seems so i wouldnt have to worry so much.

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
trbomax
Puppy
Puppy
trbomax

Male Join date : 2014-08-28

Eye issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye issue    Eye issue  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:59 pm

We are experts at putting eye drops in huskys! Robin gets two kinds twice a day! It can be done by one person but its tough. What we do is one of us comes in from behind and usually her butt wil go down.This is inportant to make it hard for her to back up.The rear person grabs her muzzel with the right hand,holding it level and pins her front paws down with the left. Person #2 now moves in,pulls the top eyelid back,and lets her have it! I know it sounds brutal,but its not. Once she gets the drops she gets up,shakes out and is tail wagging and noseing you.I think they see it as a game more than anything else.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Eye issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye issue    Eye issue  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:00 pm

do you have another set of arms to help you get the drops in? or but him in a leg hold and wrestle the drops in? we have all been there, eye drops are the worst! but you got to get them in one way or another so he will just have to deal with you pissing him off

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Eye issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye issue    Eye issue  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:06 pm

jbealer wrote:
do you have another set of arms to help you get the drops in? or but him in a leg hold and wrestle the drops in? we have all been there, eye drops are the worst! but you got to get them in one way or another so he will just have to deal with you pissing him off

Yup...kids and huskies: No Difference. Reminded of the morning my husband wanted a rectal temp on my 2 yr old grandson...we got the thermometer in...at which point, somehow, the critter rotate 360° around it before attempting to crawl away...

There's a home veterinary handbook that I have skimmed at Barnes and Noble, written by 3 veterinarians, one from Cornell. Shows how to immobilize dog to do various procedures, eye drops, temps, bandaging etc (even emergency bloat relief with tubing...) I thought it pretty decent information, planning on buying it one of these years. Tired of hearing husband say "I'm not a veterinarian..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eye issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye issue    Eye issue  Empty

Back to top Go down

Eye issue

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1