It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hi everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:55 am

Hello, I'm getting a husky!! Lol yep I'm doing it Razz  and I cannot wait. She is a grey sib husky(my profile pic) ,I will be picking her up next month. Right.now I have a 4 month old bi-color male gsd named Memphis, looking forward to being apart of this forum there's so much great info on here, -Jane from SoCal Cool
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:01 am

Hi Jane and welcome to the forum. I noticed you question earlier, I have some reservations with Canidae since it's associated with Diamond pet food products. Indeed there is a ton of info and a lot of people wanting to help.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:20 am

Hi, thank you Smile Well i'm not sure why diamond products are bad, it seems everyone feeds totw or blue buffalo lol. My gsd is doing amazing on canidae and his coat looks amazing but I'm hoping the husky will be okay eating it since some dogs have sensitive tummies but since shes eating pedigree atm... I think anything would be an "upgrade"
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:42 am

Lol, We have had a couple threads going on here that if you look on the right hand side, where it lists top threads of the day, read and you'll get the idea. If you are comfortable with it, it's all about personal preference. I do know that many huskies are grain intolerant, and some can eat whatever. Yes anything is a step up from Pedigree, lol, I think that they just had a recall,in august for their adult line, not sold in CA, I do believe.

My problem with Diamond is constant recalls, not necessarily food sourced in America, and they just lost a class action lawsuit, yet denied any wrong doing. Take it for what it's worth. Again if you're happy then, I truly don't want to dissuade you or persuade you.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:42 am

Pretty babies btw
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:48 am

Oh okay thanks for the info! I had no clue about the recalls or law suit :/ Yeah I honestly have no idea why breeders seem to all feed their dogs pedigree seems like such a terrible food! Thank you, I love your husky and the her name. Seriously considering it actually XD
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 am

Thank you as well, she's a great husky, You'll have your hands full with 2 puppies! Huskies are just as smart as gsd's just way more stubborn, lol. I always say when I tell Miya to sit sometimes boom she does, other times she acts as if I'm talking to the husky behind her. Considering Miya or variation of?
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:08 am

Your welcome Smile oh I know two puppies around the same age will be a crazy house haha. I will be happy for Memphis to have someone to play with other than my poor cat! Pffttt this puppy is such a jerk sometimes he can be very stubborn lol and have extremely selective hearing. He is extremely vocal which I thought they were supposed to be the "strong silent type" LOL nope! He howls when he's in the backyard. He moans and groans and whines through out the day as if I understand his language I swear he thinks he's a husky. As I type this he is in the backyard refusing to come in when I call him he just stares at me uhhh XD cant wait to get into some training classes But Yes I love the name Miya, Maya, Mya.. lots of ways to spell it. I thought she looked a little similar to Maya in eight below, I'm sure everyone on this forum will admit they've watched it a hundred times HAHA
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:17 am

Funny, never seen it, I just heard about it a couple of days ago, lol.We watch a lot of movies, but never that one. Gotta find it. had a gsd when I was a teenager, and he was quite vocal. He was stubborn as a puppy, obedience classes squashed that. Ha
Miya can still be a jerk and she beats up her husky boyfriend down the road, crazy thing is he lets her do it. They are funny little rough housers!! We have some Maya's, and I know of at least one Mya, I believe I am the only Miya owner here, lol.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:24 am

Well now you have to go watch it! I should go buy it lol That's so interesting I would have never guessed gsds would be vocal. He wont bark at strangers, he'll sit and stare at them until they are out of his eye sight. Such a weirdo Very Happy I love the Miya spelling its what i'd choose if i decide to re-name her, the breeder gave her the name Shada(shaa-da) its native american, I think it means happy?
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:31 am

That's a pretty name as well. My husband wanted to spell it Maya, she was born just before the Mayan apocalypse, I nixed the spelling, I was afraid that there would be too many Maya's out there. Miya does the same thing, I call her the neighborhood watch dog, haha, I taught her as a baby "watch them", and that's what she does.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:20 am

Wow thats awesome! I'd want to spell it the same way it just looks right to me haha. Lol that's funny she does the same thing XD
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:40 am

Welcome! She is very cute! Two puppies is going to be quite a handful!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Thank you! oh I know I'm insane for wanting another puppy lol!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:04 am

Well thought I'd share more recent pictures of her, one month until I can take her home x.xHi everyone Shada010
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:06 am

That face <3Hi everyone Shada011
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:33 am

She does remind me of my girl. Watched 8 Below, you did not tell me that a disney movie would make me ball my eyes out and make me mad. lol. That film should have been rated r or at least pg-13, I'm serious, not laughing. Loved the movie anyway. Yes Maya, did look like my Miya, except for my girls dang ears, lol. Can't wait to see more pics.

Renee
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:11 am

Oh, lol well sorry I guess I should of warned you but still definatly a favorite. I love that its based off a true story it still had a happy ending!
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:39 am

Welcome to the forum Jane! Can't wait for your little fuzz ball to come home!

I feed Okami 4Health Turkey and Potato Grain Free.... She has a grain intolerance.
If I am not mistaken 4Health is made by Diamond, but it is strictly a Tractor Supply Brand. It is seriously half the price of ToTW and BB, but just as good. Like the BIG bag costs me 35 bucks, where as when we were feeding BB the same sized bag was close to 70 bucks. ***EW!!***

Eight Below was a sad movie! OMG I cried so hard... I think I would have lost it totally if Miya .... ***the d word*** Great movie though... I didn't really like any of Paul Walker's other movies, so I miss him on the principle that he did such a great job bonding with all the huskies he co-starred with and that he seemed like one of those nice movie stars that aren't assholes off camera lol....

Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:43 am

Thank you! I'll have to see of my feed store carries that brand and check it out, I only spend about 37$ for a 30ilb bag, so not too bad. Yes I miss Paul Walker he was a fantastic actor
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 12:10 pm

GravityM wrote:
That face <3Hi everyone Shada011

This is one seriously beautiful dog...

It's a damn good thing I have my husband...he's absolutely right! Without him, I would probably have a zillion doggies - they are so like flowers, everyone of them different and everyone of them beautiful!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Thank you I think so too Very Happy lol like potato chips cant have just one right, I love each dog is unique makes then all so special in thier own way -love-
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:09 pm

It is strictly a Tractor Supply Brand.. like you can only get it there... so if you want to check it out you'll have to go there.
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing more of you and your lovelies Smile
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Well I'd like to see how well she does on canidae first before I switch , thanks for mentioning that bran though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-