It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

No...I'm not a pervert!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

No...I'm not a pervert! Empty
PostSubject: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:40 pm

I meant to ask this a couple of days ago and forgot...

In the morning, when I got Ami for his breakfast, he came out of his dog house, lay down and rolled over for a belly rub...he stretched out on his back as long as he could. As I was rubbing, scratching (and surreptitiously checking for ticks Laughing ) I noticed where his testicles used to be, that his scrotum seem to have 2 very hard lumps. Is this normal in neutered dog? I haven't a clue 'cause I'm not in the habit of feeling up male dogs (though my mom used to tell me that one trick to keeping a male dog still in the show ring was to hold on to their testicles...MOM, TMI affraid )
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Hahah. Mishka has it too. Sometimes they get really big and I'm just like affraid

I wonder if it has to do with them needing to pee. Because it's usually only in the morning.

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Haven't felt for them since I had them removed... I'll cop a feel tonight and let you know.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:54 pm

Link has it too. Just checked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:56 pm

wpskier222 wrote:
Haven't felt for them since I had them removed... I'll cop a feel tonight and let you know.

You going to take him out for dinner first? Wink

I think it may be more of an excitement thing. I've noticed it with both my parents' male dog as well as Orion when they're really exited about something. Granted, with Orion they left the entire sack when they neutered him a couple months ago, so he always has the empty coin purse dangling...

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

No...I'm not a pervert! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:02 pm

We staged Link on a giant rock for a photo the other day and he had his first noticeable erection that we've ever seen. It was very oddly timed too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Aw, poor Orion. If they were leaving the sack, couldn't they at least give him Neuticles? lol
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:20 pm

We've discussed it...

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:29 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:

wpskier222 wrote:

You going to take him out for dinner first? Wink

I think it may be more of an excitement thing.  I've noticed it with both my parents' male dog as well as Orion when they're really exited about something.  Granted, with Orion they left the entire sack when they neutered him a couple months ago, so he always has the empty coin purse dangling...

When we got Ami microchipped, the vet commented that he must have been neutered recently - they leave the sac but it regresses in 6 mo to a year...that's partly why I was so surprised to find the "lumps".
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:31 pm

It does disappear after a while their body absorbs in back. Mishka has his and then like all of a sudden. It was gone. Lol. Floppy ball-less balls.

blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 9:13 pm

We had him at our vet yesterday, and she was saying when they're neutered later in life the flap doesn't really reabsorb. He's 5, and just got neutered a couple months ago after he was rescued in a puppy mill raid.

Back to top Go down
Yonjuro
Teenager
Teenager
Yonjuro

Male Join date : 2013-04-09

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 12:10 am

The lump/s are just the bulbus gland and is completely normal, it does often get hard and happen with a good tummy tickle even with a neutered dog. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 12:23 am

Haha this reminded me of the first time I saw the, on Lycus. I was freaking out in thinking it was a tumor of some sort but thankfully Google had less scary answers lol!
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 1:48 am

They also come up when intact dogs have erections. My mom's yorkie would get it when he had to pee. It's just a boy dog thing. Dogs are weird man.

For anyone with more questions: Warning pictures!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulbus_glandis
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 2:00 am

Also for the people who don't want to see the picture the point of it is to help the dogs tie together when mating. And can swell when dogs get excited even in neutered dogs.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Well, I learned something new today. Don't really know if it's information I can ever use but I did learn something today.
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 10:32 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
We staged Link on a giant rock for a photo the other day and he had his first noticeable erection that we've ever seen. It was very oddly timed too

Lol I was in a similar situ last weekend. The local dog club was doing demo's at our town show and a photographer from the local newspaper approached and asked if she could get photos of some of the dogs, she wanted Orion, Merlot at Golden retriever and Nitro a blue merle border collie. That was fine, we lined out dogs up in a nice staged sit stay then went and stood behind the photographer. Well Nitro obviously thought it was very exciting and sat there with a full erection, then Orion and Merlot did the same damn thing! The three of us were cracking up making inappropriate jokes about how the boys must like the camera and the poor lady taking photos didn't know what to do with 3 male dogs in a line with their penises out, hardly the look you want to put in the paper! It was the funniest thing and such odd timing from the 3 of them Laughing
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 2:18 am

Yup, good to learn something new everyday...just don't quite know how to bring this up in conversation...

Georgina - that is hysterical. Question: Did they publish the picture?

Back in the stone age, when I was about 11, we had an Irish Setter. Mom wanted to breed her but...with 6 kids 11 on down, keeping Miss Bridget inside proved impossible (to this day I still hear "will you kids keep that door SHUT!!!) Anyhoo...Bridget got out one day and mated with a local...dunno, black like a lab, feathers like a retriever or setter and they were tied together in full view on the front long for what seems like forever. Can still hear all the Moms..."it's nothing, go inside" lol!

So glad Ami doesn't have some weird tumor...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No...I'm not a pervert!   No...I'm not a pervert! Empty

Back to top Go down

No...I'm not a pervert!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Medical Issues-